Help with server exploit

1 emerald 10 replies 104 views | started 10/12/2017 8:30 pm by TMCtanks7
Hi, I am the head admin on a small minecraft server and have run into this problem twice now, one worked one failed.

Today, someone logged into the hub world as me and griefed the entire thing after oping themselves. Anyone know any plugins/fixes? Would really appreciate it lol.
Posted by avatar
TMCtanks7
Level 1 : New Network

10 replies

10/14/2017 6:04 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Flaming_Dorito
I know the exact reason why this happened, YOU abused your powers, griefed the hub world and now you made this thread to show to the owner to make your story more believable and so that you dont get demoted and banned.

No other logical explanation really.
Just my theory :p
10/16/2017 1:02 pm
Level 22 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Can't say one way or another without actually joining the server he mentioned, but this is possible.
10/14/2017 5:55 pm
Level 28 Expert Network
MinecraftCloud
Hi, I see you mentioned that you have a hub world. Are you using BungeeCord?
10/13/2017 6:14 pm
Level 1 New Network
TMCtanks7
Server is not cracked, or offline for all i know. I belive someone is spoofing usernames somehow? Said my username in chat before it happend. Probably a hacked client.
10/14/2017 5:41 pm
Nitwick
Unless something brand new came out that compromised Mojang's verification systems, spoofing usernames is very unlikely, as is a hacked client that accurately reproduces usernames and permissions.

Another possibility is that your small server decided to download an obscure or "custom" plugin that happened to include code designed to open a few exploits. That's not too unusual, and often happens when people pressure you to download specific plugins from specific places.
10/12/2017 11:11 pm
Nitwick
The best fix is either a) getting your server off cracked, without which you will never be secure or b) fix your own security with a plugin such as authme or, if that/premium is in use, keeping your own system secure.

Either way, it seems like mismanagement and fundamentally insecure policies are the source of your troubles.
10/12/2017 10:49 pm
Level 14 Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
pro tip, dont run server in offline mode
10/12/2017 10:17 pm
Level 1 New Network
iFroot
What do you mean they OP'd themselves? With a command or with a hacked client?
I recommend you download some sort of AntiCheat plugin. You can find a lot of them on Spigot, the choice is up to you.
10/12/2017 9:35 pm
Level 1 New Network
Speentie8081
Discord: SkorrloreGaming#6124
Github: https://www.github.com/Speentie8081/
I am a bukkit developer and I know how people do those thing's.
Contact me for more in-depth information.
10/12/2017 9:30 pm
Level 1 New Miner
XGodPvp
Discord : Zooted Savage#5531 (includes space) add me

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome