Interest Test: Modded server: Guns, planes, spout, industria

NewLibertyMC's Avatar NewLibertyMC10/23/11 4:20 pm
10/23/2011 5:02 pm
carvine1's Avatar carvine1
Hello, my name is Brvtvs and I have been owning, developing, and running minecraft servers for about 6 months now. It is safe to say I know what I am doing. I have become interested in trying out a server with server-client mods like Spout or Mo' Creatures. However, since I am looking to make a server that appeals to a loyal playerbase, I am interested in knowing what type of mods are actually popular.

So, what would you want to play? Please post below and give me any thoughts you might have. Feel free to suggest ones other than I listed.

I will turn this into a poll when I get an idea for the popular ones and learn of the ones I didn't know about previously.

However, an idea would be to potentially have either a modern or a fantasy server, however, I don't think I will do a lightweight (like you log on and get a kit and immediately start going) COD style PvP server as I am looking for loyal and active players that are dedicated to their projects and the server.

The first server I would make would deffinitely be a test server with more limited resources to sort of get a feel for the way these mods work, however I would like to add this idea to the mix.

The frame is sort of inspired by something like Aion, Rift, WoW, or other faction based games. So you join the game and pick a side, in each side there are a few classes to choose from, with different skills and abilities. There would be 3 worlds, one for each faction, where they would be free to build, do quests (maybe) and do PvE. The third world would obviously be a PvP world for the factions to clash and potentially gain ranking or standing or something like that. This way people get to experience the enriched SMP experience with these mods, get a nice RPG experience, and get to PvP in an interesting way. Thoughts please.
NewLibertyMC
Level 45 : Master Network