Minecraft server, Needs Devs

TheHydraMC's Avatar TheHydraMC10/12/14 3:10 pm
10/14/2014 11:57 pm
FOPSystems's Avatar FOPSystems
Hi!

My name is TheHydraMC. I am also known as legolastheminer. You can call me Hydra, Lego or Legolas for short.

I am the owner of a new server that is launching soon.

But, I need some plugins coded for me.

I am looking for some developers.

The only problem is that I can't pay anyone as of now.

I can read Java, so I can tell whether someone is trying to make me install a Force OP plugin or not.

You can apply on this thread with this format:

Minecraft Username?:
How old are you?:
How many plugins have you made in the past?:
What is your BukkitDev page?
Why should we accept you over all others applying?:
What is your GitHub?:
Have you ever been banned on a server? If so, explain.:
Additional Information?:

Thanks,
-TheHydraMC aka legolastheminer
TheHydraMC
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Rigourous
10/14/2014 11:34 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Minecraft Username?: Rigourousramper

How old are you?: I am 13 years of age.(I am mature, some people ALWAYS thing younger people are immature.)

How many plugins have you made in the past?: I have made 13 in large plugins. I like to make many plugins for a server and consolidate them into one big plugin for some purposes. Making many plugins into one makes start up time faster depending on RAM. Also, it makes it easier for players to use commands. If I were to make a wild guess on of many plugins I've made without combining them, I would same at least 60 or so.

What is your BukkitDev page?: I prefer making "private" plugins meaning I don't upload to the public. I think uploading to the public just lets people take your code without credit. So that's why I don't have a BukkitDev.(I might start to upload plugins though.)

Why should we accept you over all others applying?: When I make plugins for people/servers, I like to make my code as best quality as possible. I will make any kind of plugins for you or others if you request me to make plugins for you.

What is your GitHub?: Read BukkitDev area.

Have you ever been banned on a server? If so, explain.: None on both of my accounts that I know of.

Additional Information?: Post your Skype so i can contact you, if I am accepted.
FOPSystems
10/14/2014 11:57 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Mind providing your BukkitDev account than? May you also provide references to confirm your 50+ plugins?

Disclosing your source and supporting the open-sourced community is ideal factoring: 1) It will support the community 2) It will allow for the growth of your plugins even when you're unable to directly edit your plugins 3) allows peer-reviewing to confirm no malicious features have been added 4) allows for users to compiled his/her own jar for security proposes. Stealing or taking somebodies source without properly citing is illegal, thus you may send a DMCA Removal request will force Github, BukkitDev, etc., to remove the offending plugin/code. Plus, if people are using your source shouldn't you be happy? Why not use MIT* and allow the use of your source but restrict commercial use and profiting from the source. Win-win, right?

<!-- Peer review -->

I'd like to point out: "(I am mature, some people ALWAYS thing younger people are immature.)" you're aware you have said "ALWAYS thing", not "ALWAYS think". Plus, shouldn't you use more advance wording, for example:

How old are you?: I am thirteen years old. Even with my young age, I am mature, dependable, and most importantly, trustworthy.

Simply spelling out the full word thirteen greatly improves your status as well with saying your trustworthy, dependable and mature. Wouldn't harm you..

"Making many plugins into one makes start up time faster depending on RAM." You're aware this applies with everything computer related, right? Your CPU (Central Processing Unit), RAM (Random Access Memory), networking limits (bandwidth, speeding, ping, etc..), and disk-space (How big is the hard-drive? How much may you store?) will result in how the server acts. For example, adding more RAM will allow temporary processes, sure as dynamically running a plugin, to increase in speed with the limitation of how much the CPU is able to handle. Your networking is vital, if nobody is able to connect.. Nobody is able to connect, and thus you created a LAN server.. Disk-space also applies, plugins require space to store static content (for example, who is OP? <./ops.json>) however, until the server is reloaded this static content is stored within the RAM..

Please do correct me if I am wrong I did this mainly from {human} memory so it is likely to contain errors.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome