Need a Hobby Developer for a plugin.

Exclarity's Avatar Exclarity5/24/16 7:36 pm
1 emeralds 192 9
5/31/2016 7:38 pm
Imperial Swag's Avatar Imperial Swag
I'm looking for a developer who develops as a hobby, so they feel no rush, and things could be on a personal standard, more than a business standpoint. Keep in mind, only accept this if you're wanting to work for fun. I have a simple plugin request, that (I don't think?) isn't very hard.

Plugin Name: Purity

Description:
Purity is a plugin inspired by games like Watch Dogs, Fallout, and Oblivion. I'm essence, Purity is a karma meter. The more you kill players or passive animals, the more your Purity goes down, whilst the more you kill hosted mobs, the more it goes up. When your Purity is low, you have less hearts, but deal more damage. Every 10 minutes, the chat will display your coordinates, like a bounty system. If it's possible, I'd like for the lower your Purity, thw more money you drop. The higher your Purity, the closer you can be to hostile mobs without them attacking you, and you have more hearts. The Purity bar would look something like this:

{|||||||||N|||||||||}
Left- Low Purity
Right- High Purity
N- Neutral, with no effects.
It should take 5 kills to determine a positive/negative effect on Purity.

Commands:
/Purity show = shows bar
/Purity hide = hides bar
/Purity stats= shows % of Purity in chat
Exclarity
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2016 7:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Ranger
Imperial Swag
This is %100 doable and in a short amount of time even. If it is the same simplicity as you expressed it, here is how it would work for any dev out there who is interested in the project, have a hashmap with points, save and load the hashmap to a config onEnable and onDisable, when players join, add them to the hashmap if they don't exist, when an entity dies, check if it is a player who killed it, if it is a hostile or passive mob or a player, add or subtract points from the player, if the player is below a certain point, broadcast their places on the chat every 10 minutes while you tell them that their coordinates were posted onto the chat, make a command to check for a player's reputation score, and/or display it every 2 or so minutes. There is the whole plugin right there
05/31/2016 5:12 pm
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
hassansyyid
Hello, we are a professional team that solves exactly this issue, you can work with very talented developers here:

http://www.negafinity.com/index.html
05/24/2016 9:09 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PsychedelicPelican
Hey its me (Foxx4437) changed my name, contact me if you want to have a custom plugin made or wanna build one together
05/24/2016 8:27 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
DigitalCraftOnline
I'm probably wrong like usual but im 90% sure bukkit alone can't do all you're asking. Some you can but you won't get a custom "bar" or "interface" without a client to go with your plugin.
05/24/2016 8:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Foxx4437
Actually I believe you could use the 'Boss Bar' and modify it to make it tracks the players purity found within a central database of a hashmap, really simple

I may do this, but if I do I will release it under my own name, not for a specific server
05/24/2016 9:22 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
True!

Told you id prolly forget something lol
05/24/2016 9:29 pm
Exclarity
Actually, using TitleManager/ActionBarAPIs, you can. Not only this, but I use spigot. Not a whole lot of a difference, but personally I've used plugins 10x more extensive.
05/24/2016 9:50 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
That's pretty much what he just said lol. And its not really a matter of how extensive it is, its just certain features can't be added. Bukkit/Spigot arent a mod so you could use the boss bar or xp bar but you can't create a new bar unless its text based
05/24/2016 10:38 pm
Exclarity
I understand that it isn't a mod. However, when. I have the time, I'll find and link a plugin that actually does create new bars, just not minecraft-esque. My point was that it is possible, and should be perceived as such.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome