-=-Server Staff Needed!-=-

cakecraft99's Avatar cakecraft997/17/14 4:30 pm
1 emeralds 216 2
7/17/2014 4:46 pm
ze2026's Avatar ze2026

My History

[center]I have attempted at making a server a total of 4 times, and each time, I have failed due to poor planning, lack of effort or time, and poor marketing. This time, the server will be released when, and only when, I deem it ready for players. I hope this doesn't deter any of you from applying for server positions, as each spot needs filled.

[center][size=150][b]The Server[/b][/size][/center]
[center]It will be a HUB server, from the start. If all goes well, we WILL expand into other areas. My goal is to create a seamless server, a well run machine with a smooth economy, fair PvP and raiding, honest staff, amazing builds and equal opportunity for all players. I will be managing the server team, and will do my best to make everyone feel as important as they are, because without any of you, this server would be a bust.[/center]

[center][size=150][b]What's in it for you?[/b] [/size][/center]
[center]Each position has different benefits and purposes. And this recruitment period will take a serious amount of time, finding trustworthy people is hard these days. Below is a list of positions needed, requested prerequisites, and the individual resumes, rewards, and roles in the server. Please take time to read, as I have taken time to write.[/center]

[center][size=150][b]How Hiring Works[/b][/size][/center]
[center]Being hired for the server is a two part process for server staff(Mods, Admins, Feedback, etc...), and a three part process for anyone else. And yes, Skype and a working microphone is a requirement (even a webcam or built in laptop mic will work, we just need to be able to hear your voice)

[size=120]Server staff is as follows[/size]
Resume on PMC
One-on-One Verbal interview over Skype

[size=120]Network Staff[/size]
Resume on PMC
Second set of Interviews through Skype[/center]

[center]| PLEASE FILL OUT THE RESUME, NOT THE PREREQUISITES |[/center]

[center][size=200][b]Positions[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Role:[/b]
Promote and advertise the server. Some things you'll do include: fixing posts like the one you're reading now, BuyCraft, and Minecraft Server Lists. You will work alongside another person tasked with the same job as you. And, you will be working alongside the GFX team and can make requests to them for your projects.
You will report to the Owners for approval of projects in most cases, and if they deem it something that needs my attention, I will gladly help you make the decision/get the funding.

[b]Prerequisites:[/b]
-Great people skills
-Work well with others
-Decent management abilities [i](You'll be working over small groups)[/i]
-Strong verbal and written communication skills [i](90% of your job is communication)[/i]
-Maturity [i](You'll be dealing with people of all ranks and ages, best to sound mature)[/i]
-Efficiency [i](Complete your task(s) well and quickly)[/i]
-2/3 Hours available daily
-Examples of previous ads, donor sites, etc... [i](Must have valid proof of your involvement)[/i]

[b]Resume:[/b]
Marketing Resume
Experience:
Accomplishments:
Time Available:
Examples:
About Yourself [i](Don't be skimpy here, this is where you shine)[/i]:
Why You're Right for the Job:[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]GFX Team[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 0[/b][i]/1 (Subject to change/expand)[/i]

Working along side the Marketing Team, you will design banners, wallpapers, logos, and anything that deemed necessary by either Marketing, or me.

-At least 5 examples of previous work
-2+ Years of experience
-Efficiency [i](Complete the designs quickly while making them look great)[/i]
-At least 1 hour available each day

GFX Team Resume
Time(s) Available:
Experience:
Accomplishments:
Examples:[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]Plugin Manager[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 0[/b][i]/1[/i]

Management of plugins, correction of errors, organization of permissions and ranks. You will have access to the server plugin folder, and can view almost all other files. Marketing may make requests to align with their advertisements, promotions, etc... Try to accommodate those needs as efficiently as possible. Your job is very important, and is the oil in the "well run machine" of the server-to-be. You will also handle the creation of plugins as needed (if your skill level is not up to par, we may end up hiring someone else).

-2+ Years of Experience
-Servers that you managed plugins for.
-Examples of Bukkit plugins you made
-Knowledge of Java (I will administer a brief quiz to test this)
-2/4 Hours available daily

Plugin Manager Resume
Experience:
Plugins Developed:
Server(s) Managed:
Time(s) Available:[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]Web Design[/u][/b][/center][/size]

[b]Role:[/b] You will handle the design, management, and upkeep of the website (hosting included) for the server. You will choose the platform(s) to use for our site (XenForo, Enjin, etc…) and create a presentable, high-quality website. You will work alongside Marketing to create the BuyCraft website, or to integrate it into our own. Your job is very important because when players look us up online, your creation is what they will see.

-1+ Year of Experience
-2+ Examples of your previous work with websites
-1 Hour available each day
-Good eye for design, color, and presentation

Web Design Resume
Experience:
Achievements:
Previous Websites:

[size=125][center][b][u]Build Team[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler]I am looking for a Build Team that has already established itself, and has completed at least 5 builds, with different styles. Sadly, I do NOT want to organize a new Build Team. That may come later, but as of now, I would like one that is available to start working as soon as possible for the server. The prerequisites are few, but I am very picky.

[b]Do We Have a Team Yet? [/b][Y/[size=110][b]N[/b][/size]]

Role: Build for the server upon request. You will need to respond within one day of a request being made.
You will be the server's dedicated build team.

Prerequisites:
-Minimum of 5 builds (the more the merrier)
-Ability to build in multiply styles
-1/2 Hours available daily (any of the Team members)
-Efficiency (Builds should be completed quickly and correctly)

Resume:
Build Team Resume
Size of the Team:
Members(With links to each member's profile and builds)
Builds(Include ALL of your builds):
Styles(That you can build):
About Your Team:
References to Past Customers:
Able to be the server's Dedicated BT (Y/N):[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]Server Staff Manager[/u][/b][/center][/size]

Manage all in-game server staff, which include: Admins, Head-Mods, Moderators, Undercovers, and Feedback.

-1+ Years of experience in management
-Reference to servers in which you staffed (with valid proof)
-Maturity
-Good management skills
-3/5 Hours available on weekdays
-4/6 Hours available on weekends

Server Staff Manager Resume
Experience:
Achievements:
Referrals:
About Yourself:
Why You're Right for the Job:

[size=125][center][b][u]Admin[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 2[/b][i]/5[/i]

Manage the banning of players, chat moderation, hacker detection, and everything a mod handles, but with more authority.
You report to the Server Staff Manager

-Good people skills
-Patience
-Maturity
-Reasonable
-Fairness
-2/4 Hours available on weekdays
-3/5 Hours available on weekends
-Referral to past staff positions

Admin Resume
Maturity (1-10):
Why you're patient:
Why you're reasonable:
How you're fair:
About Yourself:
Referrals:[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]Head Moderator[/u][/b][/center][/size]

[b]Role: [/b]Management of moderators, with abilities [img]i.imgur.com/iTz8BZV.png[/img]
[center][b]My History[/b][/center]
[center]I have attempted at making a server a total of 4 times, and each time, I have failed due to poor planning, lack of effort or time, and poor marketing. This time, the server will be released when, and only when, I deem it ready for players. I hope this doesn't deter any of you from applying for server positions, as each spot needs filled.

[center][size=150][b]The Server[/b][/size][/center]
[center]It will be a HUB server, from the start. If all goes well, we WILL expand into other areas. My goal is to create a seamless server, a well run machine with a smooth economy, fair PvP and raiding, honest staff, amazing builds and equal opportunity for all players. I will be managing the server team, and will do my best to make everyone feel as important as they are, because without any of you, this server would be a bust.[/center]

[center][size=150][b]What's in it for you?[/b] [/size][/center]
[center]Each position has different benefits and purposes. And this recruitment period will take a serious amount of time, finding trustworthy people is hard these days. Below is a list of positions needed, requested prerequisites, and the individual resumes, rewards, and roles in the server. Please take time to read, as I have taken time to write.[/center]

[center][size=150][b]How Hiring Works[/b][/size][/center]
[center]Being hired for the server is a two part process for server staff(Mods, Admins, Feedback, etc...), and a three part process for anyone else. And yes, Skype and a working microphone is a requirement (even a webcam or built in laptop mic will work, we just need to be able to hear your voice)

[size=120]Server staff is as follows[/size]
Resume on PMC

[size=120]Network Staff[/size]
Resume on PMC
Second set of Interviews through Skype[/center]

[center]| PLEASE FILL OUT THE RESUME, NOT THE PREREQUISITES |[/center]

[center][size=200][b]Positions[/b][/size][/center]

Promote and advertise the server. Some things you'll do include: fixing posts like the one you're reading now, BuyCraft, and Minecraft Server Lists. You will work alongside another person tasked with the same job as you. And, you will be working alongside the GFX team and can make requests to them for your projects.
You will report to the Owners for approval of projects in most cases, and if they deem it something that needs my attention, I will gladly help you make the decision/get the funding.

-Great people skills
-Work well with others
-Decent management abilities [i](You'll be working over small groups)[/i]
-Strong verbal and written communication skills [i](90% of your job is communication)[/i]
-Maturity [i](You'll be dealing with people of all ranks and ages, best to sound mature)[/i]
-Efficiency [i](Complete your task(s) well and quickly)[/i]
-2/3 Hours available daily
-Examples of previous ads, donor sites, etc... [i](Must have valid proof of your involvement)[/i]

Marketing Resume
Experience:
Accomplishments:
Time Available:
Examples:
About Yourself [i](Don't be skimpy here, this is where you shine)[/i]:

[size=125][center][b][u]GFX Team[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 0[/b][i]/1 (Subject to change/expand)[/i]

Working along side the Marketing Team, you will design banners, wallpapers, logos, and anything that deemed necessary by either Marketing, or me.

-At least 5 examples of previous work
-2+ Years of experience
-Efficiency [i](Complete the designs quickly while making them look great)[/i]
-At least 1 hour available each day

GFX Team Resume
Time(s) Available:
Experience:
Accomplishments:
Examples:[/spoiler]

[size=125][center][b][u]Plugin Manager[/u][/b][/center][/size]

Management of plugins, correction of errors, organization of permissions and ranks. You will have access to the server plugin folder, and can view almost all other files. Marketing may make requests to align with their advertisements, promotions, etc... Try to accommodate those needs as efficiently as possible. Your job is very important, and is the oil in the "well run machine" of the server-to-be. You will also handle the creation of plugins as needed (if your skill level is not up to par, we may end up hiring someone else).

-2+ Years of Experience
-Servers that you managed plugins for.
-Examples of Bukkit plugins you made
-Knowledge of Java (I will administer a brief quiz to test this)
-2/4 Hours available daily to Admin.

-Good people skills
-Patience
-Maturity
-Reasonable
-Fairness
-1/4 Hours available on weekdays
-3/5 Hours available on weekends

Head-Mod Resume
Maturity (1-10):
Why you're patient:
Why you're reasonable:
How you're fair:
About Yourself:

[size=120][center][b][u]Moderator[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 1[/b][i]/10[/i]

[b]Role: [/b]Moderation of players and chat. You handle temp-bans, kicking, and many other responsibilities.
You report to the Head-Mod

-Good people skills
-Maturity
-Reasonable
-Fairness
-1/3 Hours available on weekdays
-2/4 Hours available on weekends

Moderator Resume
Maturity (1-10):
Why you're patient:
Why you're reasonable:
How you're fair:
About Yourself:

[size=120][center][b][u]Undercover Staff[/u][/b][/center][/size]
[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 2[/b][i]/15[/i]

[b]Role: [/b]One of the most lucrative ranks on the server. You have the almost all the abilities of a moderator, except you tote around as a regular player wight he appropriate rank, if you donate, you get that rank. Basically, you're a player that can do almost everything a mod can, in private. You don't know who the other Undercover's are, and they don't know who you are. Revealing your position will get you banned, no questions asked.

-Reasonable
-Fairness
-1/5 Hours available on weekdays
-2/6 Hours available on weekends
[i]-Secrecy[/i]

Undercover Staff Resume
How You're secretive:
Why you're reasonable:
How you're fair:
About Yourself:

[b]NOTE:[/b] These Positions Do NOT require a Skype interview

[size=120][center][b][u]Player Feedback[/u][/b][/center][/size]

[spoiler][b]Positions Taken: 0[/b][i]/10[/i]

[b]Role: [/b]Receive feedback from players to help improve the server. You will take into account all their requests and sort them accordingly. Every two weeks you will send a text file to the Staff Manager of the highlights from the week, so he can sort them out, and send what he feels necessary to the plugin Dev.
You report to the Server Staff Manager for your bi-weekly reports, and Head-Mod for anything else.

-Good people skills
-Patience
-Maturity

Player Feedback
Maturity(1-10):
About Yourself:

[center]Your positions are NOT PERMANENT! If we feel you are not meeting our standards, you will be cut from the team or demoted. This also means that if we feel you have exceeded our expectations, you may be promoted to a higher rank![/center][/quote]
cakecraft99
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco