Foraland - A Taste of Real RP. Recruiting Devs and Builders.

SneakyMuffin7's Avatar SneakyMuffin711/11/12 3:50 pm
12/8/2012 3:45 pm
weja's Avatar weja

Hello and welcome, to Foraland. I am the Head of PR here, and am recruiting mature, experienced, and able Developers and Builders to work on this project. Following this will be information about our project.

Foraland, an upcoming RP server. We're more than that, we want to become the very best out there, beating any others and creating the best possible community for RP veterans and noobies alike to get involved in. If we can make this happen, then we are sure that a lot of good will come of it, and it's what we aim for as a team.

Foraland has custom plugins, mods, a huge map and the like, but it needs workers. Trust me now, if you are are someone who thinks this is a short-term project, you will be surprised. However, if you understand how long it will take to create the perfect server, the perfect experience, then you may well be for us. All you need is dedication, realization of what we do, and the skill to do it. If you have the skills, read on to grasp the opportunity.

A Developer: What do we look for?
We look for the ability to work on your own, while also being able to collaborate with others and take in their ideas. Also, you must know your way around both Java and the Minecraft code in order to work efficiently with us here.

A Builder: What do we look for?
We want to see evidence of collaboration, to see your experiences as a builder and creative thinker alike. We need detail in builds, so we will chose the builders who take time detailing and perfecting builds, people who are truly artists in Minecraft.

I've got what you want, now how do I apply?

Well, all you have to do know is fill out this application form in extreme detail. Half hearted or lazily written application will not be accepted. If you do not provide evidence of your work, then please know that you WILL NOT be accepted. Now, here is your app.

Application Form

Your IGN:
Real Name (Optional)
Country/ Timezone:
2-3 Sentences about yourself.
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?:
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC:
Position You Want:
Projects Showing Your Skills:
How Else Can You Support Development?:
Your Experience in RP:

THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT. THINK BEFORE APPLYING. THIS WILL TAKE TIME AND DEDICATION.

You will be messaged if your application has been accepted. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Many thanks from the Foraland team.
SneakyMuffin7
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/08/2012 3:45 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Robot
weja
I am applying to become server Admin and Plugin Developer.

Your IGN: Weja

Country/ Timezone: Finland +2

2-3 Sentences about myself:
I have basic knowledge of Java, and I study it daily to know more. I ran full dedicated MC server (http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4s) I ran 3 servers at the same time, Survival, PvP and Tekkit. I quit running server because I did not get support from my staff that I chose, and I had to mostly do everything on my own. I have knowledge to run server purely on SSH, I can create ramdisk, and do many many things on the console. I was leader of the project (AholaCraft). You can look at my profile, I still have the old servers there, but offline.

I am mature, efficient and hard-working. I also like to prepare new things, and lead projects.

How long I have been playing MC?: About 2 years, hosting server for past year.

My biggest accomplishment MC: Make 40 people be online at the same time on one server

Position I want: Admin / Plugin developer. Both, if possible. If I have to select one, then Admin.

Projects showing my skills:
http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/NeverSeenBefore/
There are my newest bukkit plugins.

I am currently working on mod + plugin server, and I have managed to merge 5 very different mods in and plugins together. I am though ready to abandon the project, if I am accepted in this one.
This is my project forum:
http://weja.beastnode.net

I haven't payed any attention to the outlook, because it is only for raw idea sharing.

How else can I support development:
I love leading projects. When I start something, and get support from other team, I can do anything. I have always new ideas, and I do not hesitate to tell, if something is bothering me.

My experience in RP:
Not much. I am willing to hear your ideas and opinions, what kind of RP this is going to be.

12/08/2012 1:33 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
blazer1scool
Your IGN:Blazeriscool
Real Name (Optional)
Country/ Timezone:central
2-3 Sentences about yourself.im a guy who goes to school and likes to build things.and um yea
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?:since alpha
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC:killing the ender dragon
Position You Want:builder
Projects Showing Your Skills:i cant show you pics of them but i could have you come on a server and show you one of them
How Else Can You Support Development?:ideas?
Your Experience in RP:alot
12/08/2012 11:28 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
GameMakerWorld
This is SkyeRise, admin of the GameMakerWorld.com community that is hosting Foraland (at hydra.gamemakerworld.com:27000 in case a mod wants to verify that). We ask users to disregard this thread for it is no longer meant to be used, as SneakyMuffin7 has left our team.

We are glad to have a rather recent backup, because he and his buddies leaving us coincided with some mass griefing. People reading this will understand what that implies.

There will be other recruitment threads in the future, but I will endeavor to have a mod remove this entire thread, because it can only cause trouble.

As far as the Foraland Project is concerned, this thread is closed.

EDIT: Actions against our server seem to have been traced to an individual person (not SneakyMuffin7 himself) so we retract those implications. Still this thread is to be closed and deleted if possible, thanks.
11/15/2012 3:56 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
DannyChad
ArchTroll, I got accepted but never had a Skype contact request. Could you fulfill my request by either asking Sneaky to add me or you could add me yourself at Dannychaddy. Thank you if you have read this.
11/16/2012 2:42 am
SneakyMuffin7
Request sent.
11/15/2012 12:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Creamabc
Application Form

Your IGN: Creamabc
Real Name (Optional) Joel
Country/ Timezone: United States, Arizona time.
2-3 Sentences about yourself. I am courageous, creative, detailed, and a perfectionist. I have skills in people, building, and taking in ideas that would benefit others.
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?: a couple of months now, played since Minecraft: Xbox came out and started on the PC from there.
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC: Probably, building my own downloaded server, still having more stuff i have to put in it only 50% done but that half way point was a big accomplishment to me and im hoping to finish it soon.
Position You Want: Builder/developer.
Projects Showing Your Skills: In a couple of weeks to 3 months i can show you a downloaded server i'm making. but i can show you of my skills in a creative mode in your world and build.
How Else Can You Support Development?: I can be a website developer, i know coding and java quite well. i do need java 64 tho.
Your Experience in RP: I role play everyday from med evil, to futuristic, and everything in between im am your man for your role playing needs :3 *its my motto* xD
11/16/2012 2:43 am
SneakyMuffin7
Denied. Evidence is required.
11/15/2012 5:02 am
Level 20 : Expert Narwhal
ArchTroll
I'll ask new comers, what kind of info do you want in this topic? I see ppl do not understand some parts of this project or left confused with some questions. So I'm asking You all, what should we add to this topic?
11/14/2012 11:08 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Appljuze
Your IGN: Appljuze

Country/ Timezone: USA / Eastern Standard Time

2-3 Sentences about yourself:

I am a freshman in college, who has loved Minecraft since the day I first played it. I've owned a very successful server, and ended up selling it to my closest Admin for $950. I am now looking for a new place to spend my time, and I'm hoping this is the real deal, because if it is then I'd like to be a part of it. I am a very dedicated person (not trying to be conceited)... I was on my Minecraft server about 5-7 hours a day, every day. I've skipped school to finish designing a dungeon, I've lost many, MANY hours of sleep because I wanted to finish the project I was working on. You will not find a more dedicated person, I assure you. You won't have to constantly bug me to get work done, just give me a direction, give me a //wand, and let me get to work.

How Long Have You Been Playing MC?: Just over a year

Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC: Creating what I would consider a very successful server (70 slots, RPG server with classes, spells, etc)

Position You Want: Still don't understand this question

Projects Showing Your Skills: I must admit, my building skills are average. Where I shine is terraforming. I've never had an eye for building design, but I know VoxelSniper and WorldEdit like the back of my hand. If you're making an RPG server, you'll need custom landscapes, so I can provide you with that.

Also, I've started plugin development about a month ago. I can't write anything major yet, but if you need basic plugins made, or modifications made to an open source plugin, I am more than happy to assist.

I'd also like to mention that I am 100% familiar with almost all "popular" plugins. I can code permissions very easily, and know my way around a YML file very well. Like I said, owning a server for a year has its benefits.

How Else Can You Support Development?: I kinda answered this in the previous post.
Your Experience in RP: My server was an RPG server. You haven't given us many details regarding your server, so I cant really compare, but needless to say... I have plenty of experience.

Just a side note, I am known to be a slight perfectionist. If a sign has a misspelled word or is even missing a period, I need to fix it. Also, I must mention... if you accept me as part of your team, I will want to have some input on the server. Obviously it's your server and you have the final say, but I'm not going to dedicate this much time to someone who is just going to bark orders at me.

That being said, I respect your decision either way and wish you luck with your server, and can only hope you will allow me to be a part of it. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: My skype is Appljuze and my email is Appljuze@gmail.com, if you need to contact me.
11/15/2012 10:34 am
SneakyMuffin7
Wowed. Accepted, welcome to our team. I will message you with more info. Be assured you will know a lot more about th project in time.
11/15/2012 1:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Appljuze
Glad to hear it. Three things...

1) When can I expect to get more info about the server? Everything is still pretty vague.

2) When do you guys plan on updating to 1.4? (Not urgent, since I can always downgrade to 1.3. Just wondering)

3) When will we start development of it?
11/15/2012 3:45 pm
ArchTroll
I'll soon pass all the info needed to Sneaky, so look forward for updated post. But you're already in team, so it woulb be better to tell you all about project in group.
We plan on updating to 1.4 as soon as stable CB version will come out.
It already started more near 3 monthes ago.
11/14/2012 7:11 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
mjdkimmk
Your IGN: mjdkimmk

Real Name (Optional) Micheal but i could careless what i'm called

Country/ Timezone: central usa

2-3 Sentences about yourself. Well I'm an engineer and architect at school. I've been studying them for about 5 years now. That's the reason i play minecraft. I like building in detail and doing contraptions. Not all my contraptions work but most of my buildings are fantastic...

Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?: since beta was released.

Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC: Building a massive castle that came out of the ground x3

Position You Want: Builder preferably

Projects Showing Your Skills: Honestly. I never did take screenshots. I was never a person to show off. If you ask me to build something I'll build it then take a picture of it to show you what I can do.

How Else Can You Support Development?: Hmmm... Give a more detailed question please. I don't understand question.

Your Experience in RP: Honestly. It's the only games i play are rp x3 oh and shooter games.... but that's pretty much all... unless it involves building... i love my building
11/15/2012 10:36 am
SneakyMuffin7
Sorry, denied. Evidence of skills is required.
11/14/2012 12:12 pm
DannyChad
SneakyMuffin, I am not sure the Skype message sent so my skype is Dannychaddy

Thanks!
11/14/2012 5:30 am
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
zFuture
What is this
11/14/2012 12:01 pm
SneakyMuffin7
It's something that is on it's way to become the greatest RP server ever created. Period.

And yes, I know you
11/13/2012 3:43 pm
TheLunarFrog
Curious: how many developers do you currently have? If you guys don't have a source control system in place, that may get messy.
11/14/2012 3:20 am
ArchTroll
Two and third under consideration, if we are talking about real developement. We are thinking of this server as an actual game. We create concept documents, invent new gameplay mechanics and so on.
But again, we are talking about minecraft here. So we don't need engine, dev kits and hard-boiled programming...but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Also I would like to add something that Sneaky will add later - this is a long therm project. Think before applying. It will take a lot of your free time and dedication.
11/13/2012 2:17 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
instantbrownie
This looks cool, but i don't think ill be good enough to handle one of the jobs, but i'd like to be play on this server when it is finished .
11/13/2012 2:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Blacksmith
leWiS_oWnS_yOu
Sup if u need builders fill in the app here --> blacklotus-building-team-minecraft-tekkit-t179162.html
11/14/2012 3:11 am
SneakyMuffin7
Please get the hell out. Thankyou.
11/13/2012 2:05 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Blacksmith
leWiS_oWnS_yOu
Itz Below #;3
11/13/2012 1:41 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Regnozes2431
Your IGN:Regnozes
Real Name (Optional)Jarod, stalk me all you want pervs i sleep with a gun.
Country/ Timezone:United stats CST
2-3 Sentences about yourself.I am ver smart and pateint. I am part blind so it isd hard for me to see thing. I have much exerince as staff
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?: 3 years!
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC:Staying on it for 3 years and learning to detect hackers on sight.
Position You Want:builder
Projects Showing Your Skills:I can show you a few build in game on one server i build for and i can also be tested in game.
How Else Can You Support Development?:I am a very good builder and coder, i hope i can help you very well with my skills.
Your Experience in RP:Not much but i am currently being considred for Kingdom RP.
11/14/2012 3:13 am
SneakyMuffin7
Denied, no evidence and you are already being considered for another server. This project takes dedication.
11/14/2012 1:46 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Regnozes2431
I can get evidence but i must show you in game, and i turned down the KingdomRP
11/13/2012 11:40 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jayjay0101
Id like to apply for admin

IGN:Jayjay0101

Skype:It crashes when I go to video chat[having friend come over to fix it] Just Normal Calling Works: JasonI0101

What can you bring onto the server?:Peace,justice and awesome world edit builds.

How do you handle tuff senerios/situations?:My friends hunger games sever would crash alot so i would face hordes of screaming mad raging people. I can keep cool and for some reason [I personaly dont see it] people say i can calm them down.

Experience as staff: I am head admin on my friends survival-hunger games server [currently down]. I am Admin on another server [which is whitelist because we are working on world atm] and mod on another

Plugin knoledge: Its hard to beleve but i have help written some surver plugins [lockette,world edit] I have built serveral friends spawn

How mature can you be?:8-9 depending on the situation

Time zone?:central time zone

How often can you play?:4-6 hours a day

How good are you at spelling,grammer, etc.:Alright

Anything specail about you?:I am very experienced with world edit,and very helpful
11/14/2012 3:10 am
SneakyMuffin7
Sorry, do not apply for Staff. Those positions will be taken by trustworthy people who help the project when in development.
11/13/2012 11:01 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
DrowningSun
Woops, I never saw that you accepted him sorry :O
11/13/2012 11:00 am
DrowningSun
I'm being COMPLETLEY honest here, me and Danny go way back, he had a Rp server of his own, he is very proffesional and I would personaly chose him, so please consider my recomendation, I could take full responsibility of him if you want to
11/13/2012 10:33 am
SneakyMuffin7
Bump.
11/12/2012 6:07 pm
SneakyMuffin7
Bump.
11/12/2012 12:51 pm
DannyChad
So I need a higher level of building skill, eh?

Click to reveal
Unfinished ^^

11/12/2012 4:04 pm
SneakyMuffin7
Well played. Accepted, you will be messaged with more information.
11/12/2012 11:53 am
DannyChad
Your IGN: DannyChad
Real Name (Optional): Daniel Chadwick
Country/ Timezone: Manchester, England.
2-3 Sentences about yourself: I love to play Minecraft and since I was a kid I used to love RPing! I have played the various games out there such as Runescape and WoW but I find Minecraft a lot newer. I love to play sports and I focus a lot on school work as I am starting coursework at the moment (will not effect playing time).
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?: I am not a total newbie to Minecraft as I joined around 1.8.
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC: My biggest accomplishment was probably beating the ender dragon in single player.
Position You Want: Builder.
Projects Showing Your Skills: The images are fairly large so I put them in a spoiler.
Click to reveal

How Else Can You Support Development?: I can help with plugin permissions as such but I do not know Java so I cannot assist in plugin making but maybe in the future.
Your Experience in RP: Various other Minecraft servers, Runescape and WoW (these are more MMORPG but share some of the same elements).

Thank you for your time!
11/12/2012 12:19 pm
SneakyMuffin7
Sorry, a higher level of building skill is required. Denied.
11/12/2012 10:51 am
SneakyMuffin7
DrowningSunYour IGN:Purple_Sheepman

A well thought-out app. Accepted! You will be contacted with more information soon.
11/11/2012 5:34 pm
DrowningSun
Your IGN:Purple_Sheepman
Real Name (Optional)Kyle
Country/ Timezone: Minnesota USA
2-3 Sentences about yourself. Well, I don't want to start by sucking up to you to get accepted, I just want to be straight up honest with you. I personally have been going from server to server helping them but they all have failed, over the summer I spent 1 month on a Rp server, and when it finally closed I wanted more. I play lacrosse and take my education seriously, but have fun while gaming.
Who Long Have You Been Playing MC?: Since Notch added zombies, but they could only hug you no kill you
Your Biggest Accomplishment in MC: Coding PeX for my first time, making my own server and getting over 30 people
Position You Want:Developer/Builder
Projects Showing Your Skills: Posted all my build pictures on this server forum http://www.ezpvp.com/threads/my-builds.75/
How Else Can You Support Development?: Well I think that since I have skype, and a mic, I can be very versatile and help people inside the game and out, I have pretty good ideas and think with logic and practicality. I would really love to help you out
Your Experience in RP: Around 1 month on a server, and from time to time on other servers

Thanks for your consideration
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome