TUTORIAL: fixing your bukkit server

Madster456's Avatar Madster45612/17/11 3:13 am
1 emeralds 27
New Bukkit Update:
Bukkit has just released a new version: CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.0.1-R1) with Minecraft 1.0.1 support is now available. It has some API additions, as well as now being stable with 1.0.1

Server loading but not starting?:
When this new update occurred i experienced a problem, my server was starting, But was not connecting. So what did i do to fix this? First, i backed everything up, so if my computer ever crashed, i have it all saved on my Udrive. Next i re-downloaded craftbukkit. The whole thing. Now for the .jar, you want the latest one(1.0.1-R1). But your not done yet. The .bat file that starts your server is incorrect. Where is says the bukkit version, you need to replace with the name of the .jar file you just downloaded, Version 1.0.1-R1.

But my server is still not starting:
You may have the wrong ip address. Go into the server.properties and add the ip into there where is says "Serverip="
If you do not know your ip, open up cmd(console) and type "ipconfig /all" this will bring up all information about your ip. Grab your ip and paste where i told you in server properties.

My server is working, but how do i add my plugins and get my world back?:
Great! if you have gotten this far, and your server works, then your doing great. Like i said earlier, you should have backed all your old documents up. So if you did so, copy your world folder from your old folder, and paste it into the new one(NOTE: remember to remove the blank world folder). Do the same with your plugins folders. Now start your server and test everything. Did it work?

Cant get my server to start/cant get plugins or my world back:
Then i can't really help you. This tutorial was to help you fix minor problems. All this happened to me, and these are the same steps i took. So if it does not work for you, i can't really help. If you are still having problems with your server i advise you to ask someone to help you one on one.

Hope i could help someone out there.
Madster456
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist