Dead post - Official post coming up

SharkFinnSoup_'s Avatar SharkFinnSoup_7/26/16 5:07 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 76
9/29/2016 5:44 pm
CoolmanZ1221Official's Avatar CoolmanZ1221Official

Realms of Rhodor

What is Realms of Rhodor?

Realms of Rhodor is an upcoming openworld RPG. We're not officially open yet and we're still building and developing. Some info about our world:

There is a whole range of countries in Rhodor, all with their own cultures. If and when they have war or peace is up to their King or Queen. All around the world, you can find quests. You can choose to align yourself with a house or just travel around the world trading, acquiring a trade, or exploring.

We will update the server once in a while to keep it fun for everyone.

We currently have a map which is pretty old and outdated and we're planning to make the map 15k x 15k blocks. We're using a customized pack of the textures from the Conquest resourcepack. (Thanks to Monsterfish_). We already have a small team but some people are getting inactive so we could use some new people!

What do we need?

As we are still building and developing we need some more people to fill up our blank spaces.

Here is a list of what we need:

- [Pre-Mod] [0/2]
Pre-mods are people who come before mod. They are helping everyone out and trying to keep the peace.

- [Mod] [0/1]
Mod(erator) is the rank after Pre-Mod They have a bit more commands but they perform the same job.

- [Developer] [0/10]
Developers try to create custom plugins and develop the mechanics around the server.

- [A builder rank] [0/30]
We have 4 build ranks. Constructor, Builder, Architect, and Artisan.

-Constructor is for people who can't build good but want to learn (basically anyone can get this).

-Builder is for people who are not that great but have a basic knowledge of Worldedit & Voxelsniper.

-Architect is for people who master atleast 3 different styles. They are good builders and have good knowledge of Worldedit & Voxelsniper.

-Artisan is for the real pro's they master atleast 5 different styles and are good with Worldedit & Voxelsniper. They lead the build team.

You can rate yourself and choose what build rank you will apply for. Know that you can always upgrade ranks when you are in.

- [Texturer] [0/2]
Texturers create textures for our custom resourcepack. They do this with Photoshop or an other program. We currently only need: Items, Tools, Weapons, Armour, Mobs

- [3D Modeler] [0/1]
3D Modeler is rank for people who create the 3D models for the resourcepack. It varies from weapons to items and other things.

- [Composer] [0/5]
A composer creates music for the server (No Noteblock songs, real music)

- [Writer] [0/2]
Lately some writers came to me and applied. They got accepted but left really soon. So I will make sure everyone knows what I expect of a writer.
Their jobs:
-Design Quests (First in Notepad, later in game)
-Design plugins (in Notepad, you add commands, what the plugin does. So for example you design a quest plugin. You write how it works and what you want. You will send that to the developers.
-Design Tales & Sidestories (Just some sidestories or tales from famous persons or whatever)
-Make books in game for libraries (You can write in game books with basically everything, from History to cooking recipes.

If people have suggestions. They can ask me.

- [Worldpainter] [0/2]
A Worldpainter makes the terraforming of the map with Worldpainter & Worldmachine.

Rewards for the ranks

For every rank there are rewards. This varies per rank from In real life money to in game money to ranks to other things. There is plenty of everything to give away. We will discuss the details on skype.

Application

Here is the application form. If you won't follow this. You have less chance of being accepted.

Application Form
1. What are you applying for?
2. Name?
3. Timezone/Country?
4. Age?
5. How long can you be online daily?
6. Tell us something about yourself.
7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for?
8. Can you work in teams as well as alone?
9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10)
10. We would like to see some proof as a verification that you truely are good.

Thanks for applying and we're looking forward to review all of your applications.

Good luck!

-Realms of Rhodor Team
SharkFinnSoup_
Level 23 : Expert Sus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/29/2016 5:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
CoolmanZ1221Official
What are you applying for? Mod
2. Name?Obaid
3. Timezone/Country? America, Eastern Time Zone
4. Age? 14
5. How long can you be online daily? 24/7
6. Tell us something about yourself. I'm Good at everything XD
7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for? Actually I had been an Admin so I know better then a Mod
8. Can you work in teams as well as alone? Yes sure
9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10) 10

I know how to run a server. I have previous knowledge, I rain medium Server I add plug ins and coleg files and helped staff And the players and I banned hacker I can make a very powerful AntiCheat ++ I can do more. I'm be able to know how to add plugins, configure plugins, and other general knowledge for running.
I know hot to bans or control a minecraft server or a group in one. I can lead a social elite (or mods) and I have full control over its players, I tend to be more caring for there donators then a non donor, I take my duty too seriously like a job in real life.
I will use proper typing and I will not curse.
I can Handling requests for access.
Due to some settings in the server, guest players starved to death in seconds, I will help with that.

Trust no one. People spend days or even weeks to build great things in the server. Having some idiots ruin it for their fun… No.
Build requests will be handled in the forum from now on. People have to register and motivate their requests. We can then do some proper research on the person and make a good decision instead of rushing things.
Griefing’ as it is called, happens everywhere, I kinda assumed it would be ok on my server. I was wrong. Again, trust no one! I’ve increased the backup cycles, log things more stringent and keep an even closer eye on who does what and so on.
The server settings and mechanics have been revised and several issues for guest players have been resolved. Not having any guests for weeks kept these problems hidden.
And so I’ve entered a whole new kind of server managing. The technical side I’ve mastered quite well but the people side is a bit new. Especially if they’re young…
But, I’m improving every day!
And my skype is coolmanZ1221
09/29/2016 4:53 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
This post won't be used anymore. Please apply at the new official post.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/official-ror-post-recruiting-post-original-rpg-join-t570129.html

Good luck applying~
09/29/2016 3:23 am
SharkFinnSoup_
Bump
09/27/2016 11:13 am
Buildception
1. What are you applying for? I'd like to work in the Development sector.
2. Name? My name is Liam, but I go by the name as Buildception for my account.
3. Timezone/Country? I'm from the United Kingdom, so London's timezone UTC+00:00
4. Age? I'm 19 years old.
5. How long can you be online daily? As a developer this question doesn't apply for the most part. I'll only be in-game to conversate with players about future updates or previous updates to gain critism I can use in future updates. As for my activity as a Developer, I work a 24/7 on-call job in-real life, meaning that I'll be available for the most part of the day and night when not being requested for anything else, which is usually the case. I also work from home, so hopping on while sorting out something else is never an issue.
6. Tell us something about yourself. My name is Liam and I'm a greatly experienced Java Developer, I work for a company who deals with infrastructure security as a work-from-home developer, but in my spare time and as a hobby I've always loved to get the most out of things. I started playing Minecraft back in 2010, when I was 13 and I always wanted more from the game, but even with their releases I knew there was something I could do, so here I am 6 years later as a full time Java Developer. I'm extremely nice, efficient but I also have aqquired a skillset that allows me to produce prestige pieces of work like no other, which makes me stand out from the crowd. This is done with limit coding, by prouncing as I like to call it, but that's reducing the amount of code to minimize errors, but making multiple util's which takes dedication and pure skill.
7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for? I've almost included everything relevant up above.
8. Can you work in teams as well as alone? I've always worked alone, it's a huge pet peeve of mine working with someone who doesn't share the same mindset as me. To expand on that a little more, for example if I was told to produce a quest-line core plugin, to then be able to add quest plugins and configure them in the future, but a fellow developer had already started making quests after I had made the core, meaning that the pathing files would have to be redone to what I decide for them to be, which means I'd manually have to do that myself.
9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10) In all honesty, 7-10 as a general developer. Things can never be mastered, although I think very highly of myself and my skillset along with previous clients I have worked with there is always someone better. If I was to rate myself on the morals of efficiency, pricing and communication skills, I'd throw myself a solid 9/10, depending on how much confidence I had on that day ;P
10. We would like to see some proof as a verification that you truely are good. I'd much rather not post source code here or plugin information, or anything like that. I'd happily give you some privately, but some leacher could potentialy stumble across and leak. Here's a few snippets of things that I've previously worked on that I do not care too much of, and I'll explain them individually.

1) http://pastebin.com/3MS8R2dm
This was made for an individual who wanted a typical "Ghost Client" for Minecraft PvP. This was made to support 1.8 Forge, and also all the options he wanted to have and what not. This was paid for, he offered around $40 for the completed job and for noone to see source-code or anything like that, but I wanted it adding to my private portfolio due to it being my first thing in that genre, so I sold him the "Ghost Client" for half of what he offered, with the rules that no release of the source code nor client would happen under any circumstance. Please note that this is only the Main class, this alone is not functional without another 400 odd lines of code, so please do not try.

2)
This is an anti-cheat I made for my own server when it was up and running. This was a very successful anti-cheat which had minimal false-positives. It was successful purely for the reason it was configured perfectly, and it took me around 4-5 months to finish in full. Commands are also automatically done due to the offence string commited, and punishments were all setup too in the original source. Someone had offered around $180 for this, but I refused purely on the reason I didn't want it to be publically out there. Also please note again that this is only one module of a class file I decompiled to show, this will not secure your server what so ever if you try take this, infact it'll break it.

This should be enough proof for the application, but I will definately supply more updated/recent projects and creations if considered.
09/27/2016 11:21 am
SharkFinnSoup_
I've contacted you in DM on here!
09/27/2016 11:46 am
Buildception
I have since replied with my contact information.
09/27/2016 4:16 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
I know
09/27/2016 10:45 am
SharkFinnSoup_
bump
09/25/2016 9:24 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
Perkaholics115
1. What are you applying for? I am apply for Composer

2. Name? Joel also known as Perkaholics (Ign)

3. Timezone/Country? I am in eastern time in the Unites States.

4. Age? 16 (birthday in two days).

5. How long can you be online daily? Well I have some after school stuff some days but not all the time so like if you want just be like "hey get on" and ill most likely be free.

6. Tell us something about yourself. I am senior in high school and i have 15 classes between two days. 12 out of the 15 classes are music classes and I want to go to college for music education. My hobbies are gaming (shocker right?) and to create music. I play a various number of instruments but my main is piano. I sing in an honors choir and I play every year for the school musical with professional players.

7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for? As I previously mentioned above my entire life is music and everything i do and breathe is music. I have an internship teaching and having a mentor from my teachers composing music. Also in my video game design class at school I write music for all of my projects/creations.

8. Can you work in teams as well as alone? Of course. I work with many people including my peers and teachers and professional musicians every day.

9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10). I would like to rate myself 10 but there is still some flaws so I'm going to have to say 8 or hate and a half.

10. We would like to see some proof as a verification that you truly are good. Ok. I use an application called notelfight and this song I am working on is currently my main interest for one of my games I'm creating. Here is a link: https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 28e268e8b5
09/26/2016 11:30 am
SharkFinnSoup_
I send you a DM on here!
09/25/2016 2:49 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
We have plenty of roles left. Especially Builders!
09/25/2016 6:34 am
SharkFinnSoup_
*MAJOR UPDATE*

We're now building with a customized pack with the Textures of the 'Conquest' Resourcepack. Thanks to Monsterfish_ Who helped us out. I also added & removed a few ranks & spots. Feel free to apply again!
08/31/2016 3:40 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Still looking!
08/27/2016 3:35 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
We need more texturers!
08/26/2016 5:49 pm
LicenseToK1ll
Hey! I would like to apply for Manager, now I know that this is not a listed position, but my experience in managing servers is HUGE and I feel your team would benefit from me. If you would like me to fill out the form, please let me know. Otherwise I am available for interviews, thanks!
08/26/2016 6:53 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
We already got a manager, sorry!
08/26/2016 7:26 pm
LicenseToK1ll
Ah, I left out a very important word! I meant to say HR Manager. IS there somewhere we can talk privately so I can explain this position to you?
08/26/2016 8:17 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Sure add me on skype.
live:finnhoevenaars
08/26/2016 5:39 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Rstealo
Mooselk
Rstealo1. What are you applying for?
Constructor
2. Name?
IGN:cdg1706
3. Timezone/Country?
4. Age?
19 becomeing 20 later this year
atleast 4/5 hours+
wel hi i am robin i am a modifated builder that really like to build alone or with people some great things for the minecraft community to enjoy
1 time builder in building team twice as leadbuilder in building team
i can do both i dont really mind
7/8
http://imgur.com/a/wM8uj

Most of those images are stolen x3 Good job kid.

Uhm extcaly no its work that i have done on previous building teams that i worked with/on i hate stealing some one project kid so dont say i am doing that

Proof that you worked in a team?
08/26/2016 5:27 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Rstealo
Mooselk
Constructor
2. Name?
3. Timezone/Country?
4. Age?
atleast 4/5 hours+
wel hi i am robin i am a modifated builder that really like to build alone or with people some great things for the minecraft community to enjoy
7/8

Uhm extcaly no its work that i have done on previous building teams that i worked with/on i hate stealing some one project kid so dont say i am doing that
08/26/2016 5:20 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
Mooselk
Constructor
2. Name?
3. Timezone/Country?
4. Age?
atleast 4/5 hours+
7/8

08/26/2016 5:19 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Rstealo
1. What are you applying for?
Constructor
2. Name?
3. Timezone/Country?
4. Age?
atleast 4/5 hours+
7/8

08/26/2016 5:10 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
Mooselk
Wow, This is a very ambitious project! o.o
08/26/2016 5:29 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Thanks haha .
I could show you a few things what we've been working on if u want.

Add me on skype live:finnhoevenaars
08/26/2016 4:56 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Added 3 spots to the new rank 'Command blocker'
08/23/2016 8:22 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
08/25/2016 1:22 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Alright!
08/23/2016 7:16 am
SharkFinnSoup_
Added a new rank for developer. "Developer-Trainee" you will get trained to be a good developer!
08/21/2016 1:21 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
WE still need everything!
08/20/2016 4:51 pm
Trantang
1. Constructor/Architect
2. IGN: Trantang, Name: Trevor
3. USA, Eastern Time
4. 17
5. All day until September 7th, After September 7th Free on nights except thursdays.
6. I was looking at going to Art School but decided against it after I was deemed viable to apply at Ivy League schools like Brown for Political Science in 2 years. I'm also a comedian whom is going to start performing stand-up at local bars underage by using a fake ID my parents got me!
7. As listed I joined in Alpha after playing Roblox for a long time, I prefer building in Minecraft and have been building for about 5 years, "professionally" for 3.
8. I prefer talking to people but love working quietly and listening to Spotify as well.
9. I would without a doubt easily give myself a 10, building is my favorite thing.
10. I'll ask my friend to pull up his server I built on so I can get some screenshots, I'll also get back to you with screenshots of something I'll build in the next 2 hours or so.
08/20/2016 4:58 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Please add me on skype: live:finnhoevenaars
08/20/2016 4:19 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
Heliosk
1. What are you applying for? Project Dev

2. Name? Keith (User: Myst1411)

3. Timezone/Country? U.S - EST

4. Age? 16

5. How long can you be online daily? 5-6+ Hours

Here's just a few fun facts about me and a little bit of a background on who I am! I'm Myst, and I enjoy developing game mechanics, and am absolutely in love with technology. I've always been interested in RPGs, whether it be large-scaled MMo's such as Black Desert Online, Guild Wars 2, or even the younger aged ones I played as a kid such as Wizard 101 or AQW. I absolutely love roleplaying, and the idea of bringing that into Minecraft makes me pretty excited! I'm currently in Highschool, but aspire to go to college as a Computer Software Engineer or Programmer, and from there-on, find a suitable game creating company, and settle down as some sort of Project Manager/Dev for Game Mechanics & Layout.
- I love coffee
- I love sleep
- Used to RP on Quotev
- I've owned Minecraft for about 5 years now
- I love socializing & meeting new people online!
- I'm great with game-based communities

That's about all I can explain when it comes to who I am!

Well, I used to be apart of many large-scale networks as their Project Dev. I will make a list below on the networks I've been apart of, along with their playerbase. Also, if added on Skype, I can send some of my work documents over from past servers that I've been apart of as a Project Dev.

- Eye of Ender (200+ Players)
- BajanCanadian's Old Network *The Fridge* (300-400+ Players)
- PocketPixels *Yellow Server* (300-400 Players) (((Builder & Layed Out the Elite 4 Area)))

I know my position thoroughly well and what tasks I would be completing. As a Project Dev, I'd be helping the server by planning out such things.

- Mobs - (spawn rates, what regions certain mobs should spawn in, dungeon bosses, health & effect data, etc.)

- Dungeons - (Dungeon locations, layouts, effects, tiers, etc.)

- Rank Info - (Rank perks, prices, tags, colors, etc.)

- Map Layout & Town Layout - (Pretty much self explaining)

- NPCs - (Going over NPC data, dialogue, effects, etc.)

- Quests - (Going over Quest data, certain needs, items, rewards, etc.)

I suppose you could consider my position as a worker who creates the foundation, and makes sure all the decorations, interior design, and exterior design go as planned.

Of course as a Project Dev, I would be sure to make all of my actions public to the staff, and would ask the higher-ups what they think of an idea/change before I take action & do it.

Yep! Although, I usually enjoy confining to myself when I'm working extremely hard on a project, or when I get into a groove/zone when I'm working as a Project Dev. But, on the other hand, when it comes to needing new feedback/sources on ideas, I'm always open to constructive criticism from fellow Devs/Staff Members/The Community, and am always ready to collaborate with a team!

I would rate myself a 10. I know that sounds a bit bold or cocky, but in all honesty when it comes to it, I know that as a Dev, I'm extremely hard working & dedicated to the project. When I'm given a task that needs to be done, I'll make sure it gets done efficiently, and with quality effort. If a deadline is in place, I'll always be sure to meet it with the expectations given to me. I'm a hard worker, and that's all their is to it!

As I said earlier in my application, I'd be more then happy to send some of my old work documents over via Skype!

Email: keithr1411@gmail.com
08/20/2016 4:56 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Contacted!
08/20/2016 4:17 pm
08/20/2016 4:58 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Add me on skype live:finnhoevenaars
08/20/2016 3:25 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Pre-Mod is full!
08/19/2016 4:51 pm
08/19/2016 5:11 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Im very sorry, We all are older and we like to joke around a bit. Not every person from any age would appreciate it. Again. Sorry.
08/19/2016 4:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
TacticalKebab
1. What are you applying for?:

Since Mod is full, I'm applying for Pre-Mod.

2. Name?:

My IGN is Gaybraham, and my real name is Emil

3. Timezone/Country?:

I'm Swedish, Summer GMT+02, Winter GMT+01

4. Age?:

13. Juny 2nd 2003.

5. How long can you be online daily?:

School has started, but I think about 3-5 hours.

6. Tell us something about yourself.:

I'm a very patient person with big potential, I love making websites, managing servers etc. I've done it since I was 8 years old. Computers are my passion.

7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for?: I've had 2 servers of my own in the past, one of them this year February-May, and the other one October-December 2015. I had to shut them both down because time and economy. The first one, EquinoxMC, had about 5-15 players on daily, and the second one was a little bit better, and it had about 10-25 players on daily.

8. Can you work in teams as well as alone?:

Yup.

9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10) I think I'm pretty good at being staff for a minecraft server, so let's put an 8 here

I don't really understand how I will give this to you, but if we can contact eachother via Skype we can solve this.
08/19/2016 5:11 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Contacted!
08/18/2016 11:43 pm
08/19/2016 9:01 am
SharkFinnSoup_
Sorry our age limit is 12+ I forgot to tell you all that.
08/18/2016 10:31 pm
dragonXx90Xx
1. What are you applying for? Constructor
2. Name? dragonXx90Xx
3. Timezone/Country? Colorado
4. Age? 15
5. How long can you be online daily? 4-9pm (on weekends i can stay longer)
6. Tell us something about yourself. Im a rely good builder and love helping
7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for? on muiltiple creative and other server that im admin on well the servers are now down cuz they arnt popular anymore but anyways im a super good builder they said
8. Can you work in teams as well as alone? yes
9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10) 6-9

if u have enjin search dragonXx90Xx up on there and msg me use the mineplex enjin plz thx ill shw u a pic of a little hosue i build in 1 min sp ya i am a ood builder and hope that i can join u
08/19/2016 6:21 am
SharkFinnSoup_
Just add me on skype.
live:finnhoevenaars
08/18/2016 1:24 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
New spots for everything! Also opened a spot for a worldpainter!
08/10/2016 2:00 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Update!

Added 2 places to Developer!
08/09/2016 4:08 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
bump
08/05/2016 10:32 pm
xxMOxMOxx
1. What are you applying for? Developer
2. Name? Matt Oslan (IGN: Derpthemeus)
3. Timezone/Country? EDT (GMT -5)
4. Age? 21
5. How long can you be online daily? up to 8 hour if needed
6. Tell us something about yourself. I enjoy playing videogames and programming things (often related to videogames)
7. What is your experience with the rank you have applied for? I've been working with Java and the Bukkit API for ~3 years
8. Can you work in teams as well as alone? Yes
9. How good would you rate yourself (1-10) 8
10. We would like to see some proof as a verification that you truely are good. Most of my recent work is private, but you can read some reviews from former clients here

The best way to contact me is on Skype (xxxmoxmoxxx)
08/07/2016 8:32 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Contacted!
08/05/2016 12:26 pm
SharkFinnSoup_
Edit*

Added 5 places to Constructor
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024