1 emeralds 3.8k 11
3/27/2016 1:56 pm
Gbubble's Avatar Gbubble
Fanjawi's "When Your Farmer Is A Creeper"

500poundsofnothing's "A little girl thingy"
Fanjawi
Retired Moderator
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2016 1:56 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Goblin
Gbubble
500's skin is unoriginal
03/27/2016 1:26 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Well...

500poundsofnothing's skin is just something that I personally agree is both simplistic and unoriginal. And it's not just unoriginal because Undertale has been done a million times, either, but I'd like to comment on that too. The fact that 500 stated that he never even played Undertale before somewhat shows that he didn't make the skin because he enjoyed it, but simply because he was running out of options.

It's also unoriginal because of how it was designed. So many times already in PBL I've seen the "half this, half that" technique being used, which sort of speaks to me that the creator couldn't come up with something full with the palette being used.

As for Fanjawi, I don't think the shading is too confusing, actually. It's not my favorite, but I think it's certainly interesting regarding a PBL challenge. I feel like he also didn't do enough with the palette, because some colors I note are absent. The hat layers were overall done very strangely and made the skin pop out more than it needed to. I also feel that the brightest color on the overalls could have been omitted, because it just looked quite ugly.

Overall though, I voted for Fanjawi because of the more detailed shading and original idea. Best of luck to both of you.
03/26/2016 9:22 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
I don't normally comment in these things but whatever /shrug

Honestly, this may seem weird, but I think 500poundsofnothing's idea was more original. It's not a unique concept or character but it made a very accurate representation of existing characters based off of a colors not designed explicitly for them. It had somewhat minimal shading, and I get that everybody hates Undertale at this point, but I think it met my idea of a Palette Battle the best.

Fanjawi also did well and made a unique character, but I don't think the idea was outstandingly original, though I don't wish to imply 500's was incredibly original either.The shading is a tad off and could use lighting better but I'm not really one to talk on that subject.

I'm going with 500 because I think he used the colors in a unique way and had a clever idea that I don't often see with PBL style contests.
03/26/2016 9:20 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
500poundofnothing had terrible shading and color, and the skin is pointless.
03/26/2016 6:24 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
WarmOrangeJuice
Gotta go with Fanjawi. Both skins are good, but his was more of an original idea compared to Undertale.
03/26/2016 5:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
I voted for Fanjawl's skin, mainly for the concept, and how he used the colors from the palette, although I agree, the shading is confusing.

500's shading is okay, but feels too simple, like Spectral said. 500's does utilize the colors from the palette well, however.

The deciding factor here was creativity to me, so I went with Fanjawl's, since a farmer with the capability of blowing up seemed more original than Chara and Frisk put together.

Good luck to the both of you two
03/26/2016 3:14 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Fanjawi's design is killing it, but the shading is weird. But the design killed it. So Fanjawi.
03/26/2016 12:30 am
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
IMHO 500 used the palette in a slightly more clever way, works really well for the characters you chose.

Fanjawi's concept was kinda funny though. The shading on his could have used a lot of work. It's a bit messy and hard to read.

I'm gonna go with 500 on this one, but kudos to both of you.
03/25/2016 11:54 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Chase_I_Think
Fanjawi.

The Undertale skin looks very blegh and generic to me, not to mention I HATE Undertale. Also, like Leia_ said, there are like a billion Undertale skins already that are a million times better.
Best of luck to both contestants.
03/25/2016 10:57 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
Oooh :O.

500's shading is way too simple for my taste and Fanjawi's shading is a tad confusing. On the palette level, 500 really found a way to use those colors. Who would thunk it? Undertale . But I feel that Fanjawi's was pretty creative too and I love the idea. Tbh, I don't want to vote for this one just yet .
03/25/2016 9:39 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Vampire
Beverly
I have to say, this was another difficult PBL to vote for.

500poundsofnothing's skin was better shading and colour wise, but let's face it, Undertale is not a new fandom any longer. There are likely hundreds of skins out there by now that centre round that game. While 500poundsofnothing's skin may have better captured the mechanics of skinning, I feel his idea could have been more original.

Fanjawi's skin was also good, but his shading was rather confusing, to be honest. However, his idea was humourous and a little more creative than 500poundsofnothing's, in my opinion.

Best of luck to both contestants!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome