Anyone else annoyed by the constant cheat datapacks?

Woodfellow's Avatar Woodfellow7/16/21 5:32 am
15 emeralds 266 14
7/21/2021 1:05 pm
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev's Avatar That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev
This is just something that gets on my nerves. Feel free to ignore me, you don't have to read my rant. :P

Whenever I scroll through datapacks, it's impossible to avoid seeing a million "Minecraft but (X) is OP" packs. Simple loot table packs that just seem to clutter up the space, distracting from the packs that have hours, often days of work put into them, that have a unique flavor. I wish there was some way to avoid seeing packs like this. Maybe add a "Cheats" tag, or something like that, and a way to hide tags from your browsing? I don't know, just something that gets on my nerves.
Woodfellow
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/20/2021 10:37 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Hero
One_Nose
If you choose the "function" modification setting it will only include data packs that were coded, meaning no simple loot table or recipe data packs that are mostly done in ten seconds via a generator website but only data packs that were actually put effort into.
07/20/2021 10:53 pm
Woodfellow
I'll give that a shot next time. Thanks for the tip!
07/20/2021 10:27 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
KanoKarob also made a video about this issue
07/20/2021 5:35 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev
I'm not annoyed by them, I just find them lazy, simply put. The Minecraft But Datapacks were fine since they still tackled original ideas, but the new Minecraft But X Is OP datapacks are just "This thing is op". Even the generic MCreator ruby emerald tool mods were better than this since they at least had some changes. Mobile gaming has been going through a similar thing, just the same fake ads with generic boring games with the same exact style. All of this is happening just for money.
If you like Minecraft But X Is OP datapacks, that's perfectly fine, I am just stating my opinion on these datapacks. If you want datapacks that have original ideas, keep scrolling down, and maybe take a look at some of my newer datapacks.
07/20/2021 10:10 pm
Woodfellow
I definitely see what you're saying. Not everything with the "Minecraft But..." naming convention is a lazy pack, even though I might be less likely to look at it just due to my bias. Stuff like the "Minecraft But You're a Fish" pack is fine - it's silly, but creative and unique. The only thing grinding my gears here is how much space the non-creative, copy-paste packs take up.
07/21/2021 1:05 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev
That's what I meant, Minecraft But datapacks are still original.
07/20/2021 4:41 pm
Level 29 : Expert Musician
Echo4Al8RexCoco
Yeah I am not in the datapack community but I have a friend WigglePig who makes small datapacks for our little minigame server Turtle Minigames as well as the Simania server wich will be released in about a week and a half. He makes WAY more complicated stuff than those and he just started making datapacks in December. Also, going on a mini little rant of mine, I hate how when certain people talk about this topic, it's fine. Then when I talk about through something like this, I'm getting hate messages about how I'm hurting dozens of people by saying that some packs take no effort. It's even crazier when I see those same people who sent those messages getting heated up about the op datapacks. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
07/21/2021 2:30 amhistory
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
When considering and comparing data packs with other kinds of sumbissions, I usually omit OP Loot data packs because in my mind they do not count as proper data packs xP
07/20/2021 7:51 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
how I'm hurting dozens of people by saying that some packs take no effort
But some packs (especially the OP loot ones) do take no effort? Im pretty sure everyone knows that?
07/16/2021 10:46 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
iijj22gg
The stupid content invasion has come to Planet Minecraft.

As long as it is profitable for the people involved, there will be no end to it. I recognize YouTubers known for this type of content in the mix, so...

Let us just hope that Planet Minecraft is not entirely taken over by this.
07/16/2021 10:09 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
TBH
People that create that have good business, I mean general, even for other games(cash, famousity), cus kiddos will dowload it cus they are too lazy to make something by yourself
07/16/2021 8:58 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
Yeah, almost all the proper data packers are annoyed by them.
07/20/2021 4:35 pm
Level 29 : Expert Musician
Echo4Al8RexCoco
Even people like me who can't code a single line are freakin annoyed
07/16/2021 8:27 am
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
Pixus
I'm sure a lot of us are, but sadly it pretty much guarantees views and the like, so I doubt there's going to be a stop of them any time soon.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome