Help me please! D:

Israphial's Avatar Israphial12/12/11 4:34 pm
1 emeralds 160 5
12/12/2011 9:40 pm
Israphial's Avatar Israphial
OK so I have recently made a contest entry in the skin contest. BUT I have a problem.
Ok. So i name it, and select all of the info, like is it male/female, etc.
Now, when I go to select the skin file(which is a PNG, I checked!) I goto my skin editor, which is MCskin 3d. I go into the skins file to findthe skin that I want to upload, select it, and upload it. Thing is, It does not appear as an image under skin, file, actions thing like it should. Theres just a question mark in a blue box. Now, when I go to save/upload it to site, I get an error saying that I need to upload the skin file. I quote: "To save, review/fix the following:
Upload the skin file."
I have tried fixing this in several ways. I have used safari, chrome, and IE9 to upload, and nothing works! I have deselected the "publish live" box, but that just drafts it, not posts it. Help me! This is kind of urgent, because I want this entry submitted as soon as possible. Thanks for your time.
-Israphial
By the way, i just moved this thread over to here from site help.
Sorry about the image being small. I don't know how to resize it....
Israphial
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Israphial
12/12/2011 9:40 pm
Here is a pic of the red box and the file selection thing.
Paril
12/12/2011 8:42 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Are you trying to select the skin from WITHIN MCSkin3D? Because that's not how the upload thing on PMC works. Until we get MCSkin3D and PMC linked together (which I'm hoping Cyp will get back to me on), you'll have to manually browse the "Skins" folder and upload it from there (external to the program).

The "upload a skin file" error occurs when you don't actually specify the PNG location (which is done automatically if you use the Browse button).

-P
Israphial
12/12/2011 9:35 pm
Hey Paril! (excellent job you idid on that skin program, by the way. I love it!)
What I do is hit the "choose file" button to select the png image from my computer.
When I open the PNG, on the website, the image appears as a question mark instead of the skin image. I think theres a problem with the path to the PNG or something.....What am I doing wrong? I guess I'll do a step-by-step on what I do.

1. I select the boxes for contest, male/female, category, etc.
2. I do a description of the skin in the description box.
3. I click on the "upload file" button under skin.
4. I click on the box that says: "choose file"
5. I navigate to my skin, which is in the "skins" folder of MCskin 3d.
6. I select it, and click open.
7. now it shows the skin name in the "Media Add" box under skins category.
8. I click "save".
9. the green loading bars appear for a second, and it says: "uploading file".
10. Now, under what I imagine is the file picture, there is a blue question mark. There is the edit media, download media, and delete media signs to the right of that question mark.
11. I click the big blue "save" button, which(i think) posts the skin.
12. now i get that red box message.
WTF. Heres a pic of the question mark thing.
ZaphodX
12/12/2011 8:38 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
Try uploading any random skin on PMC that clearly works.

If it doesn't work you have a problem with your internet connection/browser.

If it does work then contact Paril about his program potentially not working right.
Israphial
12/12/2011 8:28 pm
OMG how do i ping or get the moderator's attention? I NEED HELP. SOMEBODY. Please.
Have I not provided enough info on my situation? None of my skins will upload. At all.
I am using the MCskin 3d skin maker, which works offline, and I have uploaded 1 skin previously with it. So, why is it suddenly not uploading? This is making me mad! Help!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome