I reject Update 1.20!report_problem

Spokendog's Avatar Spokendog6/13/23 2:19 pm history
1 emeralds 153 3
6/13/2023 3:19 pm
JosephCrafting_'s Avatar JosephCrafting_
This is the first update since the introduction of bees where I truly feel there is no significance. The items that were added are not only and mostly cosmetic, but the few that aren't are so niche and rare that they might as well not exist! This just keeps happening over and over and it does nothing but complicate the game! What ever happened to just mining diamonds with friends? Why does everything have to be this sparkly soapbox for internet celebrities?? Most of them aren't even talented, they just post clickbait and get views from people who aren't even in their teens! It's so stupid because I was one of the people who initially liked the updates that were added after 1.8 because the game wasn't as complex back then, and so adding a few cosmetics was actually a nice way to spruce it up!

Forward to 2023, and the game has too many $@#% biomes for you to even find them all without getting lost, you'd need to deprive yourself of sunlight for weeks! They even added trees to the !@#?$%^ nether! As much as I hate minimalistic businesses who simplify their logos to point that a toddler could draw them, I'm equally starting to hate maximalists who add too many spices to an already complex flavor! Seriously -- if Minecraft were a soup it'd have a enough substance to act as cement with all the useless garbage they add each update! This is the first time ever I have genuinely wanted to stick with an older version of the game!

Call me gramps all you want kids, but when the game becomes 3 terabytes of trees -- don't tell me I didn't warn ya'! This game is becoming bloated! I don't want more stuff next update, I want less! For the first time ever, I hope mojang removes some stuff that people don't like, and in no particular order here's what I dislike:

* Most kinds of coral! (We don't need that much!)
* Dolphins! (If you don't think they're creepy, good for you, but I'd rather hug a shark than those demonic creatures.)
* Kelp (It's only purposes are beaten by the most common of items. ((That, or don't let me pick it up!))
* Bees (They were only added because the MC team wanted to be hip with the bee activists of that year.)
* Nether Trees (SERIOUSLY, WHY DO THESE EXIST?)
* Netherite (It's so rare that you'll have to spend weeks collecting enough to make a full set of items. ((You could easily beat the game by then!!))
* New Trees (WE HAVE ENOUGH!!)
* Sea Pickles (Coral Reefs are so rare that finding them can be a pain in of itself, and they're worse than torches!)
* Armor Trims (Sure, they're cool, but also useless!)
* End Rods (Torch, but purple and worse.)
* Phantoms (By all prayers that protect us from the wicked, I hope the person who made this creature stubs their toe.)

I hereby declare that if I continue to work on this game, I'm sticking with 1.19! I'm not ""OLD FASHIONED", I'm just reasonable, and don't see the purpose of all these cosmetics other than making kids go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" every time mojang jingles they're sparkly set of Minecraft-Themed Keys! Decoration is important when making something interesting, but this getting obnoxious!! Sorry for the rant!

Edit: Upon giving it second thought and some more time, I will say that Armor Trims, despite most of them looking bad, are actually a nice way to spruce up the game. Even if they look terrible with resource packs!
Spokendog
Level 15 : Journeyman Caveman