Minecraft "Forge"

Modswanted's Avatar Modswanted3/17/13 8:19 pm
1 emeralds 162 4
3/17/2013 8:42 pm
Giraffestock's Avatar Giraffestock
I want to download mods. But I need a minecraft Forge? People say it has a bulit in modloader. If true Does everyone use the same 1.5 Forge? If this is also true Can someone post me a link?
Modswanted
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/17/2013 8:42 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Narwhal
Giraffestock
As sed11 said above,

Forge contains its own version of Modloader (known as Forge Modloader (FML)). Modloader mods should work as long as they dont edit Forge source code, so its safest to use zip/jar mods, which mean they only go in the mods/coremods folder. With Forge, you can either delete META-INF or just delete files in it that start with the term "mojang". If your not a developer, always use Forge Recommend Universal. Forge is a lot nice then Modloader, as it adds more hooks and options, and allows custom packages and stuff. It also adds a 'Mods' button to the main page of Minecraft, so you can see what mods are installed.
03/17/2013 8:33 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
Forge allows more mods to be installed, since there are mods made with Forge.
I use it for Minecraft, but I use ModLoader to code, since I'm more used to it....

ModLoader mods should work with Forge.

I'm not using Forge right now though, waiting for a later version, since my game's screen just goes black with it....
Probably just need to delete META-INF, although leaving the Forge META-INF folder didn't do anything to my game in 1.4.7.
03/17/2013 8:30 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
catspace32
03/17/2013 8:28 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
catspace32
forge modloader and modloader are different but heres forge [url=(Ad link removed)](Ad link removed) ... .0.582.zip[/url]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome