Moderators have too much power

Seppon's Avatar Seppon11/28/13 6:18 pm
1 emeralds 636 3
11/28/2013 6:29 pm
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
I've recently posted my third mod on planet minecraft: More Player Models.

24 hours ago it got removed, because apparently Im not me.

This is the third time now. Ive had the same thing with my previous mods I posted here as well. Honestly its quite annoying.

My first mod got removed without any prior contact with me. I was ok with that since well my name here and my name on minecraftforums is different because Noppes was already taken here. It can happen

With my second mod one of your modders contacted me on the minecraftforums to confirm its me. Which is weird cus it should have been obvious if he had looked at my other mod.

Now with my third mod. It got removed again without any prior notice. Even the people in the comments of the third mod had noticed seppon is actually noppes. How could a moderator not have noticed this, or at least have looked at the other stuff Ive posted on PlanetMinecraft.

Aren't there any rules for moderators to go by before removing posts? Like for example look at other mods, or maybe look at the comments inside of that mod post? If there aren't any there should be.

Ive also posted in the help forum section and they told me I should contact the moderator who deleted my post and not post it there, which I find strange. I already messaged the moderator and his profile said he was online, but he didnt respond and now he is offline. So I brought it to the help forums expecting help, but they just said contact the moderator.

Im not the only one which this has happened to. In my post on the help forum there were immidiately people who had the same problems. So it seems this is quite common.

Can some rules be made for this or steps moderator should follow before deleting posts like:
- Checking what other content has been posted by the author
- Check the comments and what the author has been saying to them
- Contact the original creator on eg the minecraftforums
- Contact the posts author on pmc and give him 24 hours or more to respond, before deleting posts

These would be simple instruction, that would make pmc a much more mod friendly site.

Thanks for reading,
~Noppes
Seppon
Level 72 : Legendary Explorer