My thoughts on the new Update?extension

Notta's Avatar Notta10/3/20 4:29 pm
10 emeralds 221 20
10/8/2020 10:28 am
Stealthy5's Avatar Stealthy5
Before going in I was like "June was amazing and the new Nether was awesome I don't really care if Mojang doesn't do much for there next update for they've already " I saw the mob vote and just assume that they're adding mountains and another mob so I thought I just come in and place my Vote (voted for Iceologer if anyone was wondering) and be done with my day.

And then I heard about the update being called the "Caves and Cliffs" update and just like that, I sat back down on my butt and decided to watch more, and the moment I saw the new caves my jaw drop, and stayed drop for the next half hour. I was like "@dreamCritting! they put your mod the game!" It was like I'm a spoiled child and Angus kept saying to me "Here's a little something more" and then boom hit me something outdoing the last reveal. The new caves look so out of this world to the point where it looks like a new dimension or on the lines of that of how vast the new caves are. Before I move on I want to also appreciate Brandon for being there I think his username is something on the lines of KingDogs (He's one the main guys behind the Aether mod) when I heard about him being hired on Mojang's staff I was already excited to see what he had to bring to the table and seeing him show off what he's been working on was just great to see, along with how much of a humble-chad this man is! This man was like "Oh yeah I work on the Aether" and moved on, this man revolutionized Minecraft Modding and just brushed it off.

And the mobs are just great as well, the Goat which we all saw coming and it delivers as a goat. The Axolotls are also dope and can't wait to put them in my Minecraft fish tank and before I get to my favorite mob out of all of them I do know the Glow Squid won, and I was like "really ok then..." but now seeing the underwater caves the squid would fit right in there so "Glow Squid, you're alright" and with that out of the way... The Warden, by far my favorite out of the new mobs, because not only do you have to think of a way to kill him, but now you have to think of way while being like on your feet and the lore of it adapting to its environment is always fun to think about.

There's more I could talk about but I'll leave it like that.
Notta
Level 17 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/04/2020 8:02 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
Avitopia
The Warden does look really good, but also terrifying like omg I'm scared
10/04/2020 10:32 pm
Notta
It's defiantly a strong Mob to be added into Minecraft and I love how it works with the ability of hearing, makes me wonder if wool is gonna be something you'll need in order to distract and get some better hits on it.

Though its somewhat scary the face... doesn't make it a terrifying as it could be.
10/04/2020 2:44 am
Level 46 : Master Loremaster
yoshiciao
minecraft has become terraria
10/04/2020 9:52 am
Notta
Wouldn’t really say that... both have similar features and concepts of open world survival but Terraia and Minecraft are still vastly different in how to play, what are the goals, assets, etc.

Not saying that your statement is bad, but I don’t see Minecraft becoming a “Terraia” just as much as I don’t see Terraia becoming a “Minecraft”
10/04/2020 9:54 am
Level 46 : Master Loremaster
yoshiciao
it's just that this update added a lot of things that were in terraria
10/08/2020 10:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Miner
Stealthy5
true
10/04/2020 1:07 am
Level 27 : Expert Spelunker
Shrimpware
i am so eixited for the axolotls
and the cave updateeee
10/03/2020 11:52 pm
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
One word - Axolotls.
BEST UPDATE EVER.

okay I may be exaggerating but all the new mobs are pretty cool. An update to the cave system in Minecraft has been requested for years and I'm just glad to see Mojang finally going through with it.
10/04/2020 12:36 am
Notta
Axolotls... I mean... you're not wrong at all, but the fact that there only a crumb of the loaf that is said to come makes this whole thing much more interesting.

Remember you can make the Axolotls fight for you as an underwater pet almost. So Axolotls are already my number 2 for this update.

And Yeah we've been asking for a cave update sense 1.13 (and probably longer but that's when I heard people really started to make noise about one) so I'm very glad they've finally granted our wish, and boy are they spoiling us with so much. Just like the new Nether, I'm gonna get lost in this place forever until I start hearing the cave noises again, and only to hear that those noises are coming from the Warden.
10/03/2020 10:59 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger
Creative_Kylee
I FAILED! I'M SORRY MOOBLOOM! At least we get axolotls. That makes everything better. But I do agree, by far my favorite mob is the Warden. I love how it sways when it walks.
10/04/2020 9:38 am
Notta
Though I love the looks of the Warden, it’s the sounds that won me it sounds the thing that’s been making the cave nosies all this time and could even be the thing the player in disc 11 was running from.

The fact that there’s so little known about what it is allows you to speculate so much.
10/04/2020 2:24 am
Level 29 : Expert Miner
Stealthy5
Me too! The Warden looks good.
10/03/2020 6:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Spelunker
Shrimpware
i was hoping glow squid would win
10/03/2020 8:39 pm
Notta
And I’m happy for you that the squid won the vote, wasn’t my first pick but I’m happy with the results none the less.
10/03/2020 5:42 pm
Level 29 : Expert Spelunker
noatryy
I thought it was really fricking epic. The only things i didnt like were that diorite and granite generated the same and the iceologer didnt win the vote.
10/03/2020 5:45 pm
Notta
True, pretty sure we all were salty when the Squid won, but seeing the underwater in caves looks like now, I think they will make those really pleasant to swim through.
10/03/2020 10:18 pm
Level 29 : Expert Spelunker
noatryy
i think its gonna be the same situation as the phantom. We think it'll be cool with the update but end up hating them and wishing we voted on one that actually fit with the update (monster of the depths for the aquatic update, iceologer for the mountains)
10/03/2020 10:49 pm
Notta
Possible, though at least the Glow Squid fits kinda well within the deeps cave lakes and such. The problem that I have with the Phantom was probably cause of the rest of the update didn’t fit with it, along with how we were expecting much from it and got barely anything out of it.

The worst for the Glow Squid will probably be a “Iceologer would of been cool” but will probably see more from the Illager race soon anyways.
10/03/2020 4:48 pm
Level 43 : Master Lemon
char-png
The Warden reminded me of a 2D game I played years ago in which you were a miner and had to build wood structures so that you dont get crushed by stone and Im pretty sure there was a monster that appeared randomly

I didnt remember it when I saw it in the stream but after reading your opinion on the Warden I instantly saw that game in my head lol
10/03/2020 5:28 pm
Notta
The Warden reminds me of a lot of different modded mobs, mainly the Yeti from Twilight Forest mod, and some other dimensional mods as well.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome