Need Help Minecraft Wont Work

Gotheredsox's Avatar Gotheredsox11/20/11 3:03 am
1 emeralds 145 9
11/20/2011 3:34 am
Gotheredsox's Avatar Gotheredsox
Ok so i installed HD Texture Pack Fix FINALLY :L and a while after i installed it i logged on servers at first it worked fine. I went to eat lunch then came back. When I logged back on i noticed that some stuff said MISSING with white backgrounds. I played for a while putting up with this then I ate dinner. I come back start up minecraft and the mojang sign is missing. Next thing ik boom minecraft crashes. So i go into my minecraft bin and delete my minecraft-1.0.0.jar and start up minecraft it asks if i want to update i click yes when it finishes updating it gets stuck on the Done Updating and just stays like that. So now i cant get my minecraft.jar back and my textures are screwed. Any help?
Gotheredsox
Level 44 : Master Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/20/2011 3:34 am
Gotheredsox
YES IT WORKED TY GUYS WITHOUT U MY MINECRAFT WOULD BE GONE FOREVER
11/20/2011 3:25 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
Johnsellers
The best thing to do is delete the entire ".minecraft" folder (as Palaeos said) and backup your stuff (ips,worlds). Also when you installed the fix, did u install it to your ".minecraft" folder? if so that could have caused the crash, or if you downloaded the wrong version of the Texture pack fix.

Here is the link to the Texture pack patcher i used :

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232 ... d-fix-222/
11/20/2011 3:28 am
Gotheredsox
i used that version is there a tutorial on how to use it correctly?
11/20/2011 3:20 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
coastside
Being an IT professional... and certainly note wishing to make you explode in anguish... your situation actually looks suspiciously like data corruption on your computer... consider doing some hardware and software checks for your computer to confirm and/or repair any possible issues with your hard drive and operating system. If you are running Windows, then be sure to check your system for existence of malware, rogue ware, viruses, etc. As previously mentioned by others... locate, backup and then completely remove your existing .minecraft folder, delete the existing startup file and then download and install from scratch. If this still fails to resolve the issue, I can guarantee you have a software or hardware issue. Check your system's hard drive, video card and memory for possible defects. There are a number of good FREE apps you can use to do these checks.
11/20/2011 3:22 am
Gotheredsox
ok can u send me one of the apps?
11/20/2011 3:17 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
also you need to redownload from minecraft.net, anyone who has a valid account can download the game's files at anypoint from anywhere
11/20/2011 3:16 am
Palaeos
dont do it til you have backed up your worlds and server ips
11/20/2011 3:12 am
Gotheredsox
well i deleted all my texture packs i can try deleting the minecraft folder but idk if that would be risky :l
11/20/2011 3:09 am
Palaeos
easiest thing i can thing of would be to delete the whole .minecraft folder and redownload from the site, or at least completely remove the texture pack and reinstall
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome