Project contests

Sounas's Avatar Sounas2/1/12 7:02 pm
1 emeralds 240 5
2/2/2012 8:42 am
Sounas's Avatar Sounas
Hello,

i have been seeing alot of contests lately, which is a good thing, because as a result people will do their very best to end up high in the ranking and make a great creation in the process! However, it's unfortunate that all the contests so far were about skins, and nothing else.

Can't there also be project contests? Seeing the popularity of this site and the daily influx of projects, it would be an amazing event with very diverse builds. We could take a theme (like W1000 does) and give builders three days, a week or more depending on the difficulty/estimated length of construction and have members of the site give a mark for each entry.

Just an idea in the open, i for one would really love such a thing to come into reality!

- Sounas
Sounas
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/01/2012 10:10 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
This has been discussed before, I'll look for the thread real fast... If you want?
02/02/2012 8:42 am
Sounas
Ah yes, sorry for that. Thought most if not all of them were archived in the stickied post. Skimped through pages 1 until 4 i believe and saw an identical post. I'm happy to see that a moderator replied that they're working on this feature.

also
ScolezYes that would be nice. But projects are....how do you say it?.......big. Skins have a set parameter, while projects could be taken to any length. I think there should be some unofficial contents for projects and such, but I do not think PMC should hold one.

I agree this is an issue, and therefore we could increase contest duration for projects. I say the line for a simple contest, such as a boat or car, should be set for a week as with the help of voxelsniper and/or other mods/plugins great entries can be made in that span of a time. For something bigger like a palace or small city we can give two weeks to a month. A few days would indeed be too little time.
02/01/2012 7:54 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Scolez
02/01/2012 7:05 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Hunter
hunterbeebe
I want a texture pack contest...
02/01/2012 7:44 pm
Sounas
That's possible too. Just something else than the usual skin contests.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome