Quick Cleanup

X3Kross's Avatar X3Kross2/15/12 12:19 pm
1 emeralds 146 6
2/15/2012 8:48 pm
X3Kross's Avatar X3Kross
I have a suggestion that I literally just thought of, and I'm pretty amazed it isn't in place. Okay, so everyone is upset about terrible skins, projects, mods, and textures appearing constantly: steve skins, poorquality skins, textures with scribbles over them, stuff like that. Now here is my sugjestion.

How it happens (on occasion) now:
Let's say bob uploads a crappy minecraft skin. He ignores the rules and does it, it's been done that's that. No one looks at it and it goes unnoticed and undeleted for months and months to come.

How it should happen:
Bob submits a photoshop filtered texture but this time a msg appears that states, "If your submission does not recieve 50+ popularity points(pp), downloads (1pt each + favorites(5pts each), by the end of the month your submission will be removed." He posts it and very few people download it and it soon becomes deleted.

Get it? I mean of course there would probably have to be some sort of cut off like let's say they reach 50 pp then they get 2 more months to get up past 150 pp than if they reach that they get 3 more months to get more than 300 pp and so on and then at that point they'd achieve a 'premenent' status on their submission.

Now even if they have the 'permenent' title, a flag if it's duplicated or unoriginal can still make the item availible for deletion.

Of course there would probably have to be a mass deltion of submissions sitewide to reset the system. But if this was the case you'd simply send out a msg ahead of time to alert everyone of the coming change.

But I don't know, maybe you can work it into the system in place. I'm just putting my idea out there. That's all.
X3Kross
Level 43 : Master Archer