Server Troubles

ccrama's Avatar ccrama3/19/13 8:15 pm
3/19/2013 8:53 pm
runner_of_xc's Avatar runner_of_xc
Hello all.
I have been running a server, Limit SMP, for over a year now. We built up a pretty good playerbase and were going good, but over the last few weeks, our numbers have been declining. We recently switched to factions, and saw more people online, but many have lost interest. What would you recommend doing in this situation? We have Factions, Plots, Skyblock, and arenas, just to name a few activities. I was thinking of switching over to semi-vanilla, but I am scared that will loose the rest of our playerbase and active members.

Any help would be appreciated,
ccrama
ccrama
Level 29 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

runner_of_xc
03/19/2013 8:53 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Don't change based on what YOU want do what the players feel is good, make a poll of some sort, to see what the PLAYERS are interested in, there are many many faction servers, but if thats what the majority of the players want then leave it, if i were you, i would revert, to keep regulars because they are harder to earn than quick players.
ccrama
03/19/2013 8:22 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
Yeah. The main problem is we put so much time and effort into making a great experience and don't worry about money/status. Other servers reel in the players with minimal work and almost no expertise.
iPhatKiD
03/19/2013 8:24 pm
Level 22 : Expert Lumberjack
I know I don't understand myself, you could try hunger games I just thought of that.
iPhatKiD
03/19/2013 8:20 pm
Level 22 : Expert Lumberjack
I feel the same way about mine, it worries me. I don't have any advice just thought I'd let you know you aren't the only one.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome