Subscriptions/Subscribers

x1Gambler1x's Avatar x1Gambler1x2/16/11 9:38 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 14
2/17/2011 9:32 pm
x1Gambler1x's Avatar x1Gambler1x
Similar to Youtube and many other sites, a better idea to be notified one of your favored creators could be a Subscription/Subscribers module. Like explained in other forum threads, Cyprezzz explains he will add a notification at the top of the page with a red flag, letting you know the latest messages you have received. What about on the homepage above the latest feeds and under the JQuery slider, it would show the latest uploads from their favored designers. Something like this:

x1Gambler1x
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/17/2011 9:32 pm
x1Gambler1x
Never said they did, I meant if any type of situation involving either groups.
02/17/2011 4:12 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Neither group has a trademark or anything like that on the idea if subscribing. Most systems like this that aggregate user contributed content have some form of following the submissions of other users, and many forums even will allow people to get emails or messages when a thread gets a new post.
02/17/2011 3:05 pm
x1Gambler1x
Cyprezzz, I am glad to hear that this idea is confirmed This sounds like a definitely idea for the community of PlanetMinecraft; but we don't want it to be 'very' similar to either DeviantArt and/or Youtube, because you may risk some issues from either.
02/17/2011 1:30 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
NakedGingerKid
The 'creep' idea is amazing. :')
02/17/2011 1:13 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Like this? also watch has a little something too ^^
02/17/2011 12:53 pm
Zaralith
instead of follow, make it creep, with the background in a soothing creeper green.
02/17/2011 11:15 am
Zeranny
The placement was just in a general area where it could be seen.
The 3 buttons were taken from the ideas posted above.
02/17/2011 11:07 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
Thanks Z, I don't know about 3 options but we'll see. Location in mock-up won't work for submissions with longer titles but I do think it should be "up" there. Maybe flatten the format out and put between title & video/image gallery. That or we put it near our avatar & name.

ML32, haven't thought about that part of it yet. I do plan on showing who is subscribed to you on our public profiles but I suppose it could display something like 100 subscribers, 4 choose to remain anonymous. Something like that. Please start a new thread for the blog ideas.
02/17/2011 9:28 am
Zeranny
Okay, I have MOC'ed up an idea for the subscirbe buttons.
There is a SUBSCRIBE button - subscirbes you to the user and you get informed of when they release anything.
a FOLLOW button - will follow the project.
a WATCH button - will either keep a look out for similar projects and/or things in the same section by the same user.
a ? button - for info on what the buttons do.
02/17/2011 9:19 am
Level 74 : Legendary Spleefer
three_two
Maybe an option for wether or not a member would share their subs publicly.

Also, I was looking at the blogs, and wondering how complicated it would be to have multiple contributors to the same blog. Oh, and pages on blogs so you could keep a continuing blog instead of starting a new blog everytime or adding to the same blog until it takes forever to load. I don't know if that makes any sense, it's a little early for me. discuss?
02/17/2011 9:06 am
Zeranny
would a bar along the side with a number of how many updates there are for each different subscribe method and mabye the option to have 3-5 in higher priority that show up as a small picture when they are updated.
02/17/2011 8:51 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
Confirmed future feature: I plan on coding a subscription system. I like both ideas here for filtering & notification of new submissions by our subscriptions. It would apply to updates as well. So when it's a particularly complex project like Mines of Moria, there's a higher chance of getting new feedback after updates. That in combination with being able to comment directly on the post in the update log tab will help.

I think we'll call it "Subscribe". You have subscribers. I've seen it as "Subscribe", "Watch" & "Track". The last two seem a bit stalker like. We could "Track" individual submissions and/or "Subscribe" to a member. Probably the hardest part about providing both options, is clarifying the difference, keeping the interface clean & managing the two. Probably start with subscribe only.
02/17/2011 1:58 am
Zaralith
Maybe have the subscriptions model work like the deviant art one, where people's new creations end up as a message in your inbox when they make something new and you are watching them.
02/16/2011 9:56 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
LOL
I wonder if Cyprezzz will make this update some day
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome