The Pictures/Thumbnails Won't Load

LongShotzZ96's Avatar LongShotzZ961/21/13 4:59 am
1/24/2013 7:34 pm
ephla442's Avatar ephla442
Whenever I load a page the pictures and/or thumbnails do not load but instead a red cross loads in their place (as it does when there is no picture loaded) I have tried clearing my cookies and cache multiple times and that has had no effect at all. Am I the only one experiencing this and does anybody know if there is a way to sort this out or if it is just an issue with the site?
LongShotzZ96
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ephla442
01/24/2013 7:34 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Spelunker
DancingWalrus

The site seems to have up-times where images, etc will load but other times it will not. I suggest maybe trying again later in the day.

Apart from that, I'm afraid we can't currently do anything about it.

So what I'm asking is what time is PMC's ''UP TIME'' for the UK ? Thanks.
ephla442
01/24/2013 7:33 pm
Thanks for your quick response Dancing Walrus, I did already read the post, I was under the impression thing would eventually improve! The site is unusable mostly all day on weekends, and always during the week evenings!
Teddy
01/24/2013 7:27 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
Hey Ephla442,

One of our Super-Mods, Zaralith, made a quick blog explaining why this is happening, http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/lag ... community/

The site seems to have up-times where images, etc will load but other times it will not. I suggest maybe trying again later in the day.

Apart from that, I'm afraid we can't currently do anything about it.
ephla442
01/24/2013 7:21 pm
still not got any further forward on seeing peoples projects, texture packs, and skins! Tried clearing my browser, updating firefox, trying to log in with chrome, and EVEN Internet Explorer, and still nothing, no thumbs, no images! When will PMC have it sorted? I miss checking out everyones cool stuff
Karrfis
01/21/2013 6:27 am
They/Them • Level 35 : Artisan Birb Birb
yeah im getting this problem
A360P
01/21/2013 6:08 am
Level 39 : Artisan Fox
That is a relief, i was worried that a recent project of mine I uploaded wasn't displaying pictures due to an issue at my end. Would it be advisable to take that project down and then re-upload it when the issues are resolved?
Teddy
01/21/2013 11:07 pm
I wouldn't do that, people may feel like you're 'cheating the system' a bit.

However if you feel that because of the issues your project won't get as much attention as you planned - feel free to advertise your project in our chat, http://www.planetminecraft.com/chat/.
Remember to keep to the 15 minute rule though! (You may only advertise every 15 minutes).
Teddy
01/21/2013 5:45 am
Hey there,
This is a known issue. Currently the site is having a few issues - so no worries, it's not on your end!

You can, however, attempt to clear your cache, this may fix it for a limited time.
Here is a handy guide if you're not quite sure how to clear your cache on your browser,
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache
LongShotzZ96
01/21/2013 5:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Closing and re-opening the browser doesn't work either :/
wemyss10
01/21/2013 5:02 am
Level 25 : Expert Artist
That happens regularly to me as well (except its not red cross its a tiny white page - probably planetminecraft is having problems.
- otherwise close and open your internet

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome