Am i in the wrong?

willzone1's Avatar willzone19/30/11 5:46 pm
10/3/2011 9:30 pm
Clue's Avatar Clue
Brief introduction as i'm new to the forums, hi i'm willzone1 have just recently joined pmc after playing minecraft for around 3 month. I have also started uploading some of my work.

It is the second point to which i have a problem, i was browsing the latest projects only to find one looking remarkably similar to my house i uploaded a few days ago, so similar it was only different by a few blocks. Naturally i reported this as unoriginal content. And sure enough it got removed.

However i made the mistake of making myself known to the person who put the copy up, this resulted in a barrage of abuse and a point made by him.
Point was this
"if u report me that just shows how much of a grieedy person u are .... and also WHAT WOULD U GIVE THE WORLD AWAY IF U DONT WANT OTHERS USING IT ?????"

Said person was (and currently still is) using adf.ly links on the download of my house.

full conversation can be found at the link to my house http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/medium-sized-house/

Question is am i in the wrong here? Should i have stated no re-uploading on my post? Am i being greedy by wanting people to get the download from me?

Thanks in advance.

-willzone1
willzone1
Level 1 : New Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/03/2011 9:30 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
Clue
Very nice house BTW
09/30/2011 11:08 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Ahh yes, I remember handling the report.
I received a PM from him earlier.
I replied, but have yet to hear back.
Either way, I'll talk more with the user later.

But as it has already been said, you were not in the wrong, so don't worry.
09/30/2011 10:58 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
will, the unfortunate thing is that if your work is well done, (and it is) people will steal it and want to take credit for it. The upside is that if you report it when you find it, we'll do what we can to help you. You do own the rights, the work belongs to you and other people are not permitted to take credit (or profit) for it.
09/30/2011 11:03 pm
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
P0CKETLINT13
YOU TELL EM CAROLE!
09/30/2011 6:02 pm
willzone1
Thanks for clearing that up. Hope i don't have to experience this sort of thing again.
09/30/2011 6:04 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragon
Draco Dragon
as long as you stay on the good side of the admins i'm sure you will do just fine
09/30/2011 5:58 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
willzone1Am i to assume that permission to reupload is by default not given then?

Not unless you gave them permission before you uploaded, nope
09/30/2011 5:56 pm
willzone1
Thank for responses i will pm a moderator with my concern.

Am i to assume that permission to reupload is by default not given then?
09/30/2011 5:59 pm
Draco Dragon
yes, and honestly i must give you props for being the better man in this situation
09/30/2011 5:52 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
No you are in the right sir!

He shouldn't and isn't allowed to re-upload without the original owners permission, you were correct for reporting this as you obviously didn't want it re-uploaded, and also he is using adfly which is making profit from your creation. I would PM a Global Moderator (yellow) and see what action can be taken, they deal with the projects etc, good luck!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/the-team.html
09/30/2011 5:49 pm
Draco Dragon
if hes using adf.ly for one of your projects then hes in the wrong, but if he is still doing it then contact a mod they will settle this
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome