Thinking about ending postings on PMC due to thefts..

Duvain Feynorim's Avatar Duvain Feynorim1/29/19 3:08 pm
6 emeralds 1.8k 13
2/22/2019 11:10 pm
TheaZolomon's Avatar TheaZolomon
I am seriously thinking of ending my postings of things on this site due to the fact that others download the content and repost it under another site without my authorization. I have contacted this site staff before but they seem to be unable to help with this issue so I am at a loss of what to do. These site they are reposted on have no way that I have found to create a profile/account in order to report them there either. Perhaps I shall end posting at all? If any of you could help, the latest theft is on a site known as "minecraft11.com". There is a user named Darth Feanor, not me, who has reposted my pack there.
Duvain Feynorim
Level 82 : Elite Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/29/2019 7:01 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
contact the owner of the site, they have a contact us box at the bottom with an email.nothing from that might be worth getting legal advice as you own the copyright to in your work and are allowed to profit from it (mods, skins resource packs etc), especially as sites like the one you mentioned use popular mods/texture packs then fill their site with adverts essentially profiting of illegal use of your own work.

no matter where you host your work people will still download it and exploit it in this manner, even if you lock it behind paywalls like patreon etc people subscribe to a patreon for this work then re-distribute it, seen it happen in many communities
01/29/2019 7:37 pm
Duvain Feynorim
Sorry, but I have had it with this.
01/29/2019 7:36 pm
Duvain Feynorim
Or, I can just no longer create public resource/armour workshop packs. I could still make these things but not on a public basis, maybe just share them with some of the players I know. Just is maddening that after 2 days a pack is already stolen and uploaded onto another site lol.
01/29/2019 8:12 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
every creation/resource community has it, artists, modders, i mean modders over on nexus who make massive mods for games like skyrim. release> up on a dodgy website on a fake account slathered in adverts few hours later, because of how the internet works there isn't really anything you can do about it apart from go the legal route(but even then, the laws dont apply to them due to different countries, or they take the site down and re-upload it on a copy-paste site etc etc), there is lots of money involved in game modifications/resources especially for heavily modified games like minecraft (and skyrim for that matter), the websites that also do this often re-distribute the creations in countries that don't have access to the "official" websites, or just do it for the money

You make a website
you get as much advert space on it as possible
you get it SEO'd so you are nice and high up on search results,
you sit back and watch the addsense money roll in, people just looking for a certain mod dont care where it comes from, they only care that they get the file they want

not trying to crash your hopes or anything, you make decent content and it is a shame this happening to you, the only way to fix this would be to properly police the internet, but thats not something that can be done, you see what happens in places that blocks websited XYZ try to throttle/limit connections etc, it doesnt work

the best you can do without going legal is to email/contatc the person who created the site and say Oi, this mine, stop, even if you stop uplaoding submissions, the damage is already done, the website has what it wants, else you issue a DMCA (which you are currentl in the right to do so) against the website/submission

these guys might be able to help you https://stopmodreposts.org/
02/06/2019 7:33 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Leon90
I know it’s a very common problem for content creators and unfortunately it’s not easy to prevent. The best advice I could give would be to make sure you look at your content licenses and contact any other site that has your content and ask them to remove it.
01/29/2019 4:57 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ninja
MrSerr
I hope things get better for you over time. You've always had some great posts.
02/22/2019 11:10 pm
Level 1 : New Network
TheaZolomon
I agree
01/29/2019 4:53 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster uwu
Zatom
try posting your skins on all skin sites
01/29/2019 5:25 pm
Duvain Feynorim
Some sites I cant even figure out how to make a account on, like minecraft9(who has stolen a few things from me)
01/29/2019 5:37 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster uwu
Zatom
ah
02/22/2019 6:55 pm
Duvain Feynorim
Well, I have decided that leaving this site for this is not necessary, like you have all told me, there really is not much that I can do in the end apart from going to the site owners(if I am able). So toward that end I think I will start putting a notice at the bottom of each project, mod etc letting users know that they must ask before using the content in a public manor.
01/30/2019 10:41 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Taco
Iapetus11
I agree, we need content theft protection.
01/29/2019 5:05 pm
Level 42 : Master Modder
Toma1O6
There are lot of sites which are just stealing content without permission. They even claim to be authors of the project and it can hurt quite a bit if you spent more than half a year creating something. Only way to stop them is either take down the site using some legal actions or smh educate everyone to download only from official sources. Giving up on something won't change anything, you need to fight
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome