Too many AMA(A) threads?

eminemfan33's Avatar eminemfan336/13/13 7:18 pm
6/17/2013 8:13 am
xxbuggjuicexx's Avatar xxbuggjuicexx
Does anyone think that there are too many AMA(A) threads? I think it mainly started from Paril's thread. Do people understand that Paril started an AMAA because he was popular and commonly asked questions, not to answer the meaning of life with an overused answer of 42?!

I'm sorry. I had to.

The ones I've seen:
paril-amaa-ask-almost-anything-t263600.html?hilit=amaa
ask-almost-anything-famousi0-t266019.html
will-answer-anything-long-follows-pmc-rules-t265317.html
ask-meh-anything-and-will-answer-t265321.html
ama-ask-anything-t265546.html?hilit=ama
post2126780.html?hilit=amaa#p2126780

ZetheriteAs a redditor myself, I think this is a topic that needs to be discussed. Most of you know AMA's come from reddit, but an AMA is for anyone famous or special. No offense to anyone. Here are some examples of valid AMA's:

-I am a moderator, AMA
-I am a big youtuber, AMA
-I am deaf, AMA
Etc.

You also need to provide proof. You dont have to be famous but have something special like a disability. The point of an AMA is to learn from people who have done something or to learn. It's not meant for irrelevant questions. I'm not a fan of ranting but I thought this was something that needed to be fixed.
eminemfan33
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/17/2013 8:13 am
Level 45 : Master Blueberry
xxbuggjuicexx
I made a AMA way back in late december. There is a more lot now.
06/15/2013 4:28 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
ViperCobra
1 word: Overdone
06/15/2013 4:24 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Well, I was going to do one. People seem to think that I'm popular enough. I have a few levels, a few posts, and a few subscribers. but this thread has obliterated any kind of reasoning I might have had to make one. The entire thing was perfectly fine. I kind of liked the idea. But if people are going to whine, there's no point. I don't think it's worth it. I do have an idea, relating to the Brony AMAA...

By the way, ReaCraft and kevin9ye, to name a few, did this way before Paril. They didn't use AMAA, but...
06/15/2013 10:42 am
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
I agree. Too many, from people nobody knows.
06/15/2013 10:36 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
I wonder if I should make one on bronies, as they are really mis-understood, and criticized way too much :/

And yes, I totally understand what you are saying, and it does make sense. But it's not really clogging up too much. It's like servers, some will get popular, and some will just get ignored.
06/15/2013 12:02 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc449001
[deleted]
06/15/2013 12:06 pm
DAP
Yes, I agree people's ignorance. They assume watching a certain show and expressing an interest in it can cause a certain change in a gender I prefer sexually.

But nonetheless, the AMAs should make more sense with people who are sort of...different. But I guess it's sort of funny for the weird questions.
06/15/2013 12:14 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Dohvakiin
I think an AMA for the bronies would be perfect. It would give me a chance to ask people many questions, since I have been curious for a while now.
06/15/2013 12:23 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc449001
[deleted]
06/15/2013 12:27 pm
DAP
I literally just made one, but I guess any brony can put their answer for the question. Makes sense.
06/15/2013 12:26 pm
Dohvakiin
I think that the one thread "made by someone, and then a brony could answer" would be good. All though, It could easily spin out of control.
06/15/2013 12:14 pm
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
Yeah, people don't ask real questions most of the time. "What's the meaning of life?" "42."

BTW, I'm a brony.
06/15/2013 10:23 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Famousie0
i already asked for you to take mine of of that list.
06/15/2013 2:57 am
Dohvakiin
Well, technically, "AMA" started spreading around when Paril made the thread. The whole "Q/A" thing was alive long before he ever made that post. Paril just made the title "AMA" popular.

For example:

This: with-sugarbean-t266282.html

Is exactly the same as this:

soup-ama-t263808.html

Just under different names. AMA is just another version of a Q/A
06/15/2013 2:56 am
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
ProGamingCrew
I made one too but just for fjn and i dont think it was pointless coz im a bit famous i guess :/
06/15/2013 2:55 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Yep, but it still unnerved me. Don't know why.
06/15/2013 2:45 am
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
Is a female...
and how did I give you a nightmare?
06/15/2013 2:50 am
Neptonic
Where I am it's about midnight when I'm on the forums and eventually I have to go to sleep. One night I came across one of your stories about a car accident. It was a 2 part-er, and one of the sides involved the little girl becoming a demon.

Freaked me out a bit.
06/15/2013 2:53 am
Summertime
You mean the Christmas one where the ghost was supposed to help the boy out with the rest of his life to move on over her death?
06/15/2013 2:37 am
Neptonic
Ruined it; dislike LEET speak

I like EpicG, she's a cool dude (dudette?).
06/15/2013 2:33 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Pirate
RevolutionalRedStone
NeptonicShe's more famous than me. Just look at her post count!

You know your post count is LEET (1337) right ? ( don't ruin it just to respond )

Also i dunno if you were being sarcastic, but i personally think Epic'g is a great member : )
06/15/2013 2:20 am
Summertime
I am somewhat famous.
06/15/2013 10:39 am
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
Who are you?

Snowylips
ZetheriteAs a redditor myself, I think this is a topic that needs to be discussed. Most of you know AMA's come from reddit, but an AMA is for anyone famous or special. No offense to anyone. Here are some examples of valid AMA's:

-I am a moderator, AMA
-I am deaf, AMA
Etc.

You also need to provide proof. You dont have to be famous but have something special like a disability. The point of an AMA is to learn from people who have done something or to learn. It's not meant for irrelevant questions. I'm not a fan of ranting but I thought this was something that needed to be fixed.

thhaaaaattt. Sure, mods doing AMA's are fine, as with people who have a large fanbase, but it's gotten to the point where it's gotten out of hand. Like the paril faces now. a few mods adopted the paril faces, now everyone thinks they should be doing it too! It's taking a cool, funny, awesome thing and turning into a "meh" thing. Isn't anything sacred anymore?

That has happened with way too much these days.
06/15/2013 2:25 am
Neptonic
People across the land sing songs about the originality of her name! Fear her! She wrote a story that gave me a nightmare once! (Seriously)

She's more famous than me. Just look at her post count!
06/15/2013 1:46 am
Neptonic
I was like 'eh, what the heck' when I made mine. I did it for the lawlz, that was it. I even gave it a stupid name that wasn't 'AMA'; it was like 'AMEEFNS' or something.

I'm close to touching the thought of being popular, so I got very little views.

Blame Paril for real this time I guess.
06/15/2013 1:37 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Tierage

-I am a moderator, AMA
-I am deaf, AMA
Etc.

thhaaaaattt. Sure, mods doing AMA's are fine, as with people who have a large fanbase, but it's gotten to the point where it's gotten out of hand. Like the paril faces now. a few mods adopted the paril faces, now everyone thinks they should be doing it too! It's taking a cool, funny, awesome thing and turning into a "meh" thing. Isn't anything sacred anymore?
06/15/2013 1:21 am
eminemfan33
Bump.
06/14/2013 9:34 am
eminemfan33
Snowylips
Tierage
The grammar nazi in my brain is screaming.
I do agree with you, though.

Try harder please. <3

It's on. Hah, I put an apostrophe! *checks back to see if I spelled apostrophe right*
06/14/2013 9:30 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
I find it funny when unknown people do those threads, no offense to them, but nobody is going to have a meaningful question to ask because nobody knows anything about you.
06/14/2013 9:34 am
eminemfan33
Yeah, it is actually funny.
06/14/2013 9:05 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Tierage
The grammar nazi in my brain is screaming.
I do agree with you, though.

Try harder plz <3
06/14/2013 8:58 am
eminemfan33
CoopGrieftotally agree, people is so unoriginal...

the grammar nazi in my brain is screaming.
i do agree with you though.
06/14/2013 8:55 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle

Paril felt like doing one and because Paril is very well known a lot of people followed suit.
06/14/2013 8:53 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
CoopGrief
totally agree, people is so unoriginal...
06/14/2013 8:51 am
eminemfan33
My opinion:
You do not need a page for a ton of people to ask you pointless questions. Just comment on posts, talk on the forums in general, or private message. I think it is meaningful for a popular PMCer to have an AMA because they are commonly asked questions. Not to judge people by levels like many do, but a Level 1 is rarely ever popular. I understand that there are some that live on the forums though.

TL;DR? Fine.
Only popular people need AMAs. People who never get asked questions don't.
06/13/2013 9:35 pm
Chron
RevolutionalRedStone
ChronalgaHow do you define 'popular'?

In a Minecraft community ? produce a wide range of interesting works; be gentle with your supporters and write clearly ( and yes i think your probably popular enough to host a fun and meaningful AMA )

Thanks. Not quite sure what kind of a twist to put on it... Maybe I should be creative and not copy Duke_Frans (I get this feeling I spelled his name wrong), who totally didn't copy MissMarifire. That would be epic.
06/13/2013 9:27 pm
RevolutionalRedStone
ChronalgaHow do you define 'popular'?

In a Minecraft community ? produce a wide range of interesting works; be gentle with your supporters and write clearly ( and yes i think your probably popular enough to host a fun and meaningful AMA )
06/13/2013 9:18 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Famousie0
may i reguest you take mine of of there :/. i just wanted to answer people that wanted answers from me. why does it matter to you anyway?. anyways please take mine off of there.
06/13/2013 9:18 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Zin
I don't think its a problem though. If you don't like it, don't do it
06/13/2013 9:16 pm
Chron
I was thinking of doing one, but adding a few unique elements to it... How do you define 'popular'?
06/13/2013 9:14 pm
Summertime
I have one, but it is more interesting than any old one.
06/13/2013 9:11 pm
RevolutionalRedStone
I think alot of the popular members of our community definitely should do AMA threads.

But i think it's not worth-while for unpopular/new users to-do because no-one will have any meaningful questions to pose them.

I think maybe a master - 'who should we ask questions to' thread may be useful.
06/13/2013 8:57 pm
eminemfan33
ProfesserCarsonOMGEEH yus.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Do you even remotely get the point?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome