[ISSUE] Update Log Problems

HerbertDiesel's Avatar HerbertDiesel1/28/13 8:46 pm
1 emeralds 243 9
1/30/2013 12:13 am
Luis's Avatar Luis
I filled out a contact form for this issue the day it happened but I have yet to get a response from anyone... So I am posting it here in hopes that a moderator might be able to help me figure this out and possibly remove my messed up update log entries.

I found out pretty early on that I can only update my texture pack once every 24 hours if I wanted my pack to show up in the "Recently Updated" section. I totally understand why this is and I have no problem waiting till the next day before I update my pack if it will help stop people from spamming.

On 1/26/13- I updated my texture pack shortly after 10pm

On 1/27/13 (Yesterday)- I worked diligently on creating new textures all day for my new update and waited patiently until 11:13pm before I updated. I even double checked the update log to be sure that it said that it was last updated a day ago. (I noticed that the update log and the texture pack page have varying opinions on when I last updated my pack but the update log page was more accurate and said that I last updated later than what the texture pack page was saying) So I went ahead and updated and saved... Once I saved the log it said that the NEW update was 22 hours ago. What? I JUST ADDED IT! Because of this my texture pack didn't get added to the "recently updated" like it should have... I Instead had to wait several more hours and copied and pasted the update info from the messed up log and added it to a new log in the middle of the night... I normally wouldn't do this because I feel that it is dishonest and I've seen others make fake logs to bump their pack to the top and it drives me crazy... but I felt that it was my only option to right the wrong created by a glitch in the update log system.

Someone please help me!
HerbertDiesel
Retired Moderator
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/30/2013 12:13 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
The big three removed the feature a while back because people would put in faulty updates and then immediately delete them and they would stay BUMPed
01/29/2013 11:29 pm
HerbertDiesel
Nope sorry dude... I just went back and checked. I can only "Edit" previous update logs. No deleting of them is supported.
01/29/2013 2:42 am
HerbertDiesel
Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I'm glad I got a moderator's explanation. Is it possible for you to delete my messed up update logs? Now that I know about this time stamp feature I shouldn't ever have a messed up log again.

Holy Moley that time stamp this is going to be crazy helpful! For some reason when I am editing my update logs it only gives me the date... but I found what you are talking about when I am not in the Edit Update Log menu. Thank you again!

I still don't know why my update log time traveled but I think that your time stamp advice will help me prevent it in the future.
01/29/2013 8:32 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
awesomedude1226
I'm pretty sure you can delete your own if you go into the "Edit" mode. You click "Update logs" or what ever it is, then (I think I remeber a delete buttton) you click the delete.
01/29/2013 1:34 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Go back to your update log and mouse-over your small timestamp in the top-right corner. It gives you the full time it was posted.
It seems you were 12 hours off.

The first update log "mishap" you posted you were a few minutes too early (as you can see via timestamps). Third update log was only a few minutes + 24 hours after that, so that's good. Next one was 1:43 AM, worked fine since it was 24 hours. Then, your next log was posted at ~1:24 PM, a good 12 hours before/after the proper time. Not sure why that happened, but I mean the server isn't known to go off 12 hour intervals...

-P
01/29/2013 1:28 am
HerbertDiesel
Yup that was my understanding of how it was supposed to work... and I even waited for my previous update to say that it was updated a day ago. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Because it posted the update 22 hours in the past I just waited a few more hours and created a new "fake" update that I copied and pasted from the glitched out one. (Which I would never have done under normal circumstances.)
01/29/2013 1:07 am
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
ProGamingCrew
Idk why this happenednd. But whwnnn u updated ur submission several time u can only update them evwry 24 hrs. U can update it every min just without putting it back to the list of new or updated submissions
01/29/2013 12:59 am
HerbertDiesel
When it said that I updated 22 hours ago it was on the update I just posted and saved... somehow I traveled back in time and posted at midnight the night before.
01/29/2013 12:00 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
awesomedude1226
I think it says that you last updated it 22 hours ago meaning that was the last bump update.

If your having trouble updating your submission:
The only way I can think of to get this right is to delete the original texture pack and re- upload it with the new textures.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome