-URGENT- COMPUTER HELP XP

ExpertMinecraftian's Avatar ExpertMinecraftian2/1/14 10:17 pm
2/2/2014 6:04 pm
Z645's Avatar Z645
Okay, so I did a factory settings restore, you know? The thing that deletes all your files and such? But, now that I did that, I went through the set-up etc., and I can't connect to Wireless Connections. At the moment I am on my brother's computer, and really looking for help. The only thing that pops up when I go to Network Connections is.. Local Area Connection 2 Network cable unplugged, Firewalled. Broadcam NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller.
I thank you for reading this and pray you can help me.
ExpertMinecraftian
Level 30 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/02/2014 5:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TornadoRC
Hey I just seen the message saying we got it to work. that's great!!! ive been there!!! people can be ignorant sometimes in not knowing or understanding why you do what you do and have what you have. surely if I had an extra $300 laying around I would run out and buy a new PC with windows 7 rather than fix what I have.

Any time you need help you know how to find me and I don't mind. I have experience with all the windows operating systems including server software.
02/02/2014 2:12 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
HackerPide
Even with good security programs XP is really insecure. Also, I have a VAIO VGN-FE11M which has 1 gb ram and Windows 8 works really good at it. I can play Minecraft without frame issues.
02/02/2014 1:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Geek
iansonwheels
You know what? Get a new computer
02/02/2014 6:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Since you posted this, I would like to addon.
Not everyone can afford to keep updating their computer, like buy a new one, upgrade this, and that. When I bought mine, I had to pay for part of it from my pay, rest my parents are still paying for.

Not saying the OP is poor, since I don't know about them .
02/02/2014 1:58 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
i second this guy

your PC specs are as good as mine (which is not good) and xp is gonna be loosing windows support in april
02/02/2014 1:49 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
austin9684
Go on the manufacturers website example support.dell.com, plug in the model or even better the service tag and then look under networking and find the wireless network adapter (there may be more than one) then download them all and put them on a USB drive and then plug it in your computer and then install them on the computer with the problems one at a time and in between each install check to see if the wireless is working
02/02/2014 1:41 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Sounds like you might need to update your wireless adapter's driver. If you find your device manager (Google how to get there on XP) and find your wireless adapter, you should be able to have Windows check for driver updates.
02/02/2014 1:33 pm
Level 43 : Master Taco
Son Gohan
Yes, I suggest, if you can afford to do so, getting a newer computer that has Windows 7 if you can find one... don't go with Windows 8, that's just horrible. The Metro interface it comes with is for tablets and smartphones, I don't know why Microsoft chose to use it for the desktop versions...
02/02/2014 1:21 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Just as a warning, support for Windows XP will stop on April 8th of this year, or so Microsoft has said. I have absolutely nothing against XP, but I feel like spreading the word around because it's important.
02/02/2014 1:24 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Microsoft wont support it no more. Which means no more security updates, all you need to do is have an up to date Anti-Virus, I suggest AVG, and make sure you are not downloading anything suspicious. If you have that, it wont make a difference
02/02/2014 1:04 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Circuit Craft
Open device manager. Click on view, and show hidden devices. If you have something in network adapters, tell us about them. If you don't, you should have some unknown devices. Try to update those with the offline windows update system. If you don't know the model, check to see the model from the OEM's support website. By that point, you should download the driver from the support site and put it on a usb. i'm tired, so sorry about the crap post
02/02/2014 1:02 am
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
ExpertMinecraftian
GG50Have you tried turning it off and then turning it on again?

Yes. First thing I did. Wireless Network thing still not working.[/quote
I was actually just being a smartass
02/02/2014 12:14 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
intronate67
PLEASE GET OFF OF WINDOWS XP.
02/02/2014 12:58 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
He could mean that he hates Windows XP and doesnt want other people to use it. But, If you were to upgrade your computer to a newer version of Windows, you would need better hardware. I dont think Vista, 7, or 8 will work well with 0.99 GB of RAM,
02/02/2014 12:23 am
ExpertMinecraftian
And by this you mean...
02/02/2014 12:48 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
By that he means he's a hater. Hasn't lived the 90's.
But woah, ancient computer much..
02/02/2014 1:04 am
Level 35 : Artisan Droid
GiganticBlock
It's not ancient i don't see why people are hating it. at my country like 40 or 60% from all of the country use it. There is nothing wrong with xp i moved to windows 7 like 4 months ago and i had xp for like 10 years and it was awesome and didn't lagged. Well yeah windows 7 is better but xp is good too. It's not as ancient as you think.
02/02/2014 1:11 am
ExpertMinecraftian
Yeah, I mean it works fine, runs smoothly so.. Used to have a great Windows 7 one. But same major family things happened, and all of my old stuff I can't have. Starting over, and not that bad with this computer. Can do the basics, and the fun things, that's all I see to it.
02/02/2014 12:16 am
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
That's less helpful than what I said...

But as everyone above has said, it does seem likely that you need the drivers.
02/01/2014 11:38 pm
TornadoRC
than what you said earlier would be correct take a usb flash drive and download the drivers from the manufacturer website. depending on how the drivers are downloaded ie: a .exe file or just the raw driver file itself you might need to go back to that hardware tab find the network adapter that needs drivers right click it and the choose install drivers.
02/02/2014 12:11 am
ExpertMinecraftian
It worked! You don't know how happy I am! You are the best. Please stay here, and be active, people will need you. Also thanks to SuicidalZerg, just didn't understand, and Tornado broke it down for me.
02/02/2014 12:01 am
ExpertMinecraftian
I really hope this works. I'm hopeful it will. I will get back to you in a bit. I found the driver I needed and I'm downloading it now. Going to move to USB, then to my computer.
02/01/2014 10:47 pm
TornadoRC
If you go in control panel and open network connections do you see your wireless adapter? does it say disabled? if so enable it by right clicking and choosing enable. if you see its there and already enabled try right clicking and choosing connect.
02/01/2014 11:31 pm
ExpertMinecraftian
The icon is isn't even there.
02/01/2014 10:36 pm
ExpertMinecraftian
Click to reveal
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Computer:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M
processor 1.86Ghz
782 Mhz, 0.99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension.

^ PC Specs, and how would I put the drivers on my computer? Through a usb or something? Kind of a newb.
02/01/2014 10:32 pm
TornadoRC
Are you sure your wireless network adapter reinstalled? Right click My Computer, click properties, click hardware tab,then device manager. You should see under network adapters your wireless adapter if you don't and it shows an adapter needs to be installed you might have to just get the drivers for it and reinstall it.
02/01/2014 10:29 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Wizard
the gravity block
Hey are you using a router? When you use a router you have to set up your computer to work with the internet. Chances are you deleted all the steps during your factory reset. Your computer seems to be rejecting the internet and fire walling it ._. hope this helps, I don't know too much about computers but Ive seen this happen before!
02/01/2014 10:26 pm
Level 43 : Master Taco
Son Gohan
You need to install the drivers for your wireless card. If it's a laptop, can you tell us the model and brand? Then we can help you look for drivers for the wireless.
02/01/2014 10:41 pm
ExpertMinecraftian
Probably should've quoted you. Anyways there they are.
02/01/2014 10:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
I've heard putting it in hot water can help with that.

Please don't do that.

I assume you're on windows, so I really can't do much to help, check your network settings?
02/01/2014 10:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
Have you tried turning it off and then turning it on again?
02/01/2014 10:23 pm
ExpertMinecraftian
Yes. First thing I did. Wireless Network thing still not working.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome