What are these advertisements?

BurritoLad's Avatar BurritoLad5/18/21 6:19 am
4 emeralds 116 7
5/18/2021 1:04 pm
Lines09's Avatar Lines09
Hey all, Burrito here. I wanted to talk about the recent Planet Minecraft advertisements and how they are... not exactly safe. If your idle on a Planet Minecraft site for long enough, you find these sites, taken straight from my Google Chrome history.

Now, it doesn't seem that harmful, right? Haha, WRONG.
When you press Allow, it takes you to another site, and another... and probably more that's the furthest down the rabbit hole I've gotten. And when you click allow, you immediately get a fishy pop-up notification about your computer "being hacked". My main concern of this whole thing is the children. If this happens to people without an account, think of the children. Someone might think that the computer is actually compromised, and then download some sketchy software or call some sketchy guy to fix it. That doesn't sound all that great, right? There's more. That sketchy guy I talked about could make them give their mother or fathers money for them to "fix" the computer, only trashing it and making it worse. So now not only can they no longer pay the bills, they don't have a computer! That's my main concern about these new strange advertisements. Thank you for listening to my ted talk.
BurritoLad
Level 30 : Artisan Fox