Coming back to Minecraft!

Joanna_Creates_Art's Avatar Joanna_Creates_Art8/18/19 6:45 pm
14 emeralds 622 77
9/13/2019 9:25 am
Adelando's Avatar Adelando
Hey! I'm coming back to Minecraft after a break and am looking for new friends! I'm an adult now, so that's crazy to think about... I love making art, building, and playing on servers! Singleplayer creeps me out sometimes with how lonely it is...

As a conversation starter... what is your favorite block in the game?
Joanna_Creates_Art
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/26/2019 7:00 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
Dixie2238
Favorite block, hmm... Well, now after so many years I'd have to play a while and experience all the new blocks to decide but from the beginning I think its always been dirt.

I know I know, I can just hear it now, "DIRT!? Bruh." :D

Maybe after you hear my reasons you'll think it not so crazy after all.

Top 5 Reasons you should love dirt:

1. Its been with MC since the very beginning, indev, infdev, alpha, etc. and the classic crunchy dirt shoveling sound effect has always been the most iconic and pleasing sound to my ears. It has never gotten old even after so many years.

2. Dirt was always the easiest and fastest block to harvest or remove or move, especially when you first start out with no tools, but even more so once you get a shovel.

3. Thanks to Reason To Love Dirt #2 dirt is always everyone's first building material. Well in survival mode anyway, when you have to build shelter to survive the night in your new world dirt is the best time and life saver.

4. I've always carried a stack of dirt around with me when I go exploring or mining because I can use it to quickly build bridges or scaffolding or for throwing under diamond ore blocks that are hanging over lava, you get the idea, right? Theres a million and one uses for dirt.

5. Dirt is what really brings your world to life because it grows grass or becomes grass blocks on the surface. Thereby turning your whole world green (unless of course you spawn in a frozen or desert biome. :P)
08/26/2019 6:36 pm
Dixie2238
I also returned recently after going AFMC (away from MC) for... idk yeeears... I remember seeing teasers for adventure mode when I retired from MC.

I was a total MC addict from Alpha right up to the end of Beta. I had trouble signing back into my old account as I had to migrate it to Mojang which didn't exist last time I played. :D

I guess part of the reason I've returned is because I've been a Pewdiepie subscriber pretty much since I stopped playing MC and he started a new series of videos with him returning to MC after about the same amount of time its been for me. He really brought back some good memories for me as well as showing off some of the cool new things that I've missed over the years.

I recently updated to a new system as well so I thought I'd check out some of the ultra HD texture packs and shaders I'd heard about. Now I just need to get broadband at the house (instead of this weak android tether) so I can check out some servers and maybe reconnect with some old friends!
08/26/2019 4:02 pm
Saucyyy12232
not a block but dolphins.
08/26/2019 4:36 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
YES! They actually breech the water too!
08/26/2019 3:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Ytsankics
Favorite block nowadays is the music block, and that's because you can make a horde of parrots dance
*boggie boggie*
08/26/2019 3:58 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Woah!! There are parrots now? AND THEY DANCE? Man, what a great thing to come back to! xD
08/26/2019 4:01 pm
Ytsankics
It's the best! there's been a few videos ive seen scrolling through facebook of some 20 parrots gathered around a music box like an alter, and then gettin down with the music haha
08/26/2019 4:35 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Awesome! I'll have to spawn some in in creative to check it out!
08/25/2019 6:44 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Narwhal
pastelnarwhal
Welcome back to MC and welcome to PMC! I also like building, especially on servers with world edit and plugins like that! My favorite block would probably be the ones with colors I like: dark oak planks, yellow and orange terracotta, and red nether bricks. I always find myself using those first two, and the first thing I ever made in Minecraft was with yellow terracotta. I don't really have opinions on the 1.14 blocks tho since I spend all my time on a 1.13.2 server, but scaffolding looks incredibly helpful!
08/26/2019 3:57 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thank you so much! Yeah, worldedit and world guard are the best! It makes it so much easier to make large scale builds and issue simple commands to create faster... Dark oak is really classy, I love it too! I haven't used much scaffolding even playing on 1.14, because I have fly enabled for everyone on my server. Really helps with building. I'm still figuring out all the blocks myself, and enjoying new combinations! :D
08/23/2019 10:54 amhistory
Level 25 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
Welcome back! I started playing Minecraft when I was barely a teenager and now I'm an adult too so I know how it feels :c
08/26/2019 3:55 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thanks! Aww, yeah, it gets a bit sad sometimes especially considering how many people I met playing on little servers long ago. Now there are more real world issues and stuff that isn't fun... Minecraft is a little paradise you can count on! :D
08/22/2019 12:29 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
hey_its_bee_
Hi! i like building too. What kind of stuff do you build? I like playing in Single player mode sometimes, but i get bored because im lonely. My favorite block is probably quartz. :)
08/26/2019 3:53 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Hello! I love making castles and palaces, of many styles and eras! My favorite part is adding the interiors and secret rooms, and letting them conform to the world realistically. I always play on multiplayer now since I get really lonely if I play singleplayer... Since I'm always worried I'll pour my heart into a build and lose it someday, I made my own server so I know I make consistent backups. I love quartz too! It's very sleek and classy but not too hard to get. Any favorite combinations of blocks? :D
08/28/2019 1:23 am
hey_its_bee_
Doing the interior of builds is fun, but i never know what exactly to put in the rooms if i make it too big. I mainly like building the exterior because it's fun designing the layout and structure. I don't really have a favorite combination of blocks, i just use blocks that i think go well together whenever i build something. Maybe we can play together sometime? :)
08/21/2019 10:36 pm
Level 42 : Master Procrastinator
Adelando
I have a survival server that i just released if your interested in joining :)
08/26/2019 3:50 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Woah! Thank you for the invite! IDK how much time I will have to play on a lot of servers and recently made one to call home, but I'd love to check yours out sometime!
09/13/2019 9:25 am
Level 42 : Master Procrastinator
Adelando
awesome, https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/aydaacraft/
heres my page if you want to check it out :)

Sorry for the delay :(
08/21/2019 10:35 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pony
Captainprice187ALT
Welcome back.
Personally, my favourite block is stone. Lots of different types and can be used for so many different purposes from cities to destroyed worlds and tunnels/caves.
But I'm more of an industrial, futuristic and post-apocalyptic style builder.
08/26/2019 3:49 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thank you!! I love stone bricks, since I am the opposite. I love making old fashioned builds, but I just saw some of your builds and they are cool! :D
08/21/2019 10:22 pm
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
Welcome back. My favorite is the command block.
08/26/2019 3:48 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thanks! Any favorite commands/uses? :o
08/27/2019 9:29 am
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
/execute is my favorite because it can do pretty much anything you need it to.
For example:/execute at @e run summon ~ ~ ~ minecraft:bat will summon a bat at every single entity, and
/execute at @e[type=minecraft:bat] run setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:glasswill place a glass block anywhere there is a bat.
In short, /execute is a supercommand.
08/21/2019 10:16 pm
AnonymousYoshii
Welcome! I'm in the same boat, almost feel out of place a bit when I play. I've been binge watching Ihascupquake's Minecraft Mondays and made me want to come back! My favorite block has to be pumpkin pie!
08/26/2019 3:47 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Mmm they made pumpkin pie blocks?? :D I came back after I heard the music playing and got really nostalgic... lol.
08/26/2019 4:25 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
shaan152006
No there is no pumpkin pie block lol. Idk what OP is talking about
08/26/2019 4:34 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Oooh, Could be the item. That works too, it gives 4 hunger points per pie! It would be cool if there was a block for it but I thought there was since they added so much since I left. My mistake lol!
08/21/2019 8:07 pm
3lli
Welcome back to Minecraft! So much has changed, but it's still a really great game.

I think some of my favorite blocks are the different prismarine blocks and quartz as well, though I really like the concrete for building colorful stuff! :)
08/26/2019 3:47 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thank you!

Prismarine and quartz is a beautiful combination! I was so surprised at how vibrant the concrete is, and can't wait to build with it! Any tips for how to use such colorful blocks?
08/30/2019 6:11 pm
3lli
I like to use concrete for building interior walls! It's great for making a "painted wall" which I've found can be more easily done if you build with the concrete first, then go around the outside of it with wood/stone/other exterior building blocks. Or you can simply only use it within interior rooms. The first method is a little tricky and takes some planning to get windows to look good and to get a good overall layout on the home, but the end result can look pretty awesome! Concrete's also very useful for floors.

I've seen some people use them for sculptures, pairing it with stained terracotta for some cool effects.

The white concrete is a great exterior wall block for medieval/Tudor style homes to get a seamless white wall.
08/21/2019 6:29 pm
Level 26 : Expert Miner
CeIeste
the stained glass blocks are super cool imo :')
08/21/2019 6:58 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Yeah! I'm glad they have so much variety too! :D
08/21/2019 5:47 pm
ShockDockMC
That's gotta be the spawner for me... That's funny, I'm doing the same thing. Haven't played in years, and now just recently I've found I love the game again.
08/21/2019 6:57 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Any particular mob spawner? I do love their design! How long was your break from the game?
08/21/2019 8:10 pm
ShockDockMC
The pig spawner with some fire dispensers below... Har har. Free pork. Hmmm, it's been since 2015, and I just got back in about a week ago!
08/20/2019 3:29 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Mr123keelos
Air block
08/21/2019 3:24 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Oh yeah! Air is pretty cool xD
08/20/2019 5:49 am
CrafttheMine96
I love woodblocks. I am using it just like how Pewdiepie used it in his video https://dausel.co/KhNW9e.
08/20/2019 6:27 am
Joanna_Creates_Art
:O Cool!
08/19/2019 11:40 pmhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
yo, welcome back! i can totally relate to the "i'm an adult now" feeling, pretty weird to think about tbh.
my favourite blocks are probablyyyy, light blue + white stained glass, mossy stone bricks, chiseled quartz, birch leaves and glowstone
08/19/2019 11:53 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Ah, all your favorite blocks go together nicely! That's lucky lol. Yeah... Can't believe I was 13 when I started and now I am 20. OOF.
08/20/2019 2:45 am
amalien
aye i was 12 when i started, 19 now
bigOOF.mp3
08/20/2019 6:27 am
Joanna_Creates_Art
Bonus points if you've never changed your MC IGN! xD
08/20/2019 9:50 am
amalien
oops i literally changed it earlier today ripp </3
08/20/2019 10:06 am
Joanna_Creates_Art
Aww, that still counts in my book then lol.
08/19/2019 11:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
Energy Master
Welcome back! And cake ofc xD
08/19/2019 11:52 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Mmhm, Cake is always a staple~
08/19/2019 9:31 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
Welcome back to Minecraft, and welcome to Planet Minecraft!
08/19/2019 11:52 pm
Joanna_Creates_Art
Thank you!!
08/19/2019 3:46 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
liIy
I think my favorite block might be... idk why but i think it might be barrels. i made this survival world around a month ago, it was in version like... 1.13 i think? okay, but when i updated it to 1.14, right around my base there were barrels. EVERYWHERE. there were even some in the nearby ocean. if you go far enough away, the barrel infection just... stops. somehow i learned to love barrels. anyways, welcome to the Planet Minecraft Community!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome