Taking Free Dragon Art Request!

Zyress's Avatar Zyress7/17/20 11:01 pm
5 emeralds 328 9
7/21/2020 1:33 am
StormDragon77's Avatar StormDragon77
Hello! I would like to start uploading speed paints to YouTube, so I'm looking to take a request from someone who would like a custom artwork of a dragon. All credit for the idea will go to you. Because this is something I'm doing for free, I'm only going to be doing a portrait/face of the dragon with a simplistic background. I will also only be choosing one person whose idea seems the most enjoyable to me.

It will be entirely in my own style. Here is an example of my most recent artwork:
Click to reveal

Other examples can be seen on my deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/zyress/gallery

Now with that out of the way, please describe its appearance and include as much information as you can in your request such as:

- Is it scaled, furred, skeletal, mechanical, elemental, or a mixture (please explain which parts are which if you choose mixed)

- Color of each part

- Describe the horns

- Describe the eyes

- Describe the top/back (such as fire bursting from the back, traditional spikes, or fur like an eastern dragon, etc.)

- Describe the neck/underside

- Mouth open or closed (and if it is breathing some kind of element or not)

- Light or dark background

- Any other details

I can't do cute dragons very well, so please don't request that!

Get as crazy as you want, I love a challenge! Just keep in mind it might take a while to complete as I have other stuff to do too.

By requesting from me you agree I have permission to upload and take credit for the art.
Zyress
Level 39 : Artisan Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2020 10:47 pm
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Creativity Shark
Dang that's some rad art!
07/18/2020 1:39 am
Level 73 : Legendary Dragon
StormDragon77
- (Is it scaled, furred, skeletal, mechanical, elemental, or a mixture) Scaled

- (Color of each part) Black with a blue underside

- (Describe the horns) 2 pairs of horns. Black and curve slightly downward. Top pair is a little longer. Also has a horn on the end of the snout

- (Describe the eyes) Green eyes

- (Describe the top/back) Small black traditional spikes

- (Describe the neck/underside) Blue jaw and underside

- (Mouth open or closed) Open

- (Light or dark background) Dark

- (Any other details) Element is electric
07/20/2020 6:31 pm
Zyress
Here it is! Thanks for the request, hopefully you like the result! https://www.deviantart.com/zyress/art/Finished-Request-Speedpaint-849376352
07/21/2020 1:33 am
Level 73 : Legendary Dragon
StormDragon77
:O I love it! Amazing work!
07/18/2020 10:45 am
Zyress
I think I've decided I'm going to go with yours! I'll reply here when it's done.
07/18/2020 1:03 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
The great Dragon Turtle terrorizes the seas. The top of its shell may look like a tropical island at a distance, but when a sailor gets too close, its great head rises out of the water and takes a bite out of their ship, claiming the cargo for itself

The dragon turtle is a great creature of the seas, and while it might not resemble a traditional dragon too closely, it still has the biology and behaviors of any other dragon. It lives in deep oceans, with the back of its shell often floating above the surface of the water. LIke a common tortoise, the dragon turtle's green-brown shell is made up of massive scale-like segments in a roughly hexagonal pattern. However, instead of only being slight bumps, the dragon turtle's shell segments stick out, giving it a rough, almost spiky appearance. After a large meal, the dragon turtle may settle down on the sea floor and hibernate, with the top of its shell protruding above the ocean surface. Over time, soil will build up against it and it will look somewhat like a natural island until it is disturbed from its slumber. When the turtle rises up out of the water, its head is about 10 feat in diameter and stands 20 feet above the surface. The head is on the end of a long serpentine neck that allows it to turn around and look behind itself to aim its breath weapon at attackers behind it. Its skin is covered in many fine, deep green scales that look almost smooth so the water currents do not damage them like they would large rocks. Instead of breathing fire, the dragon turtle can grab either a large gulp of seawater or a great breath of air and breath it out with great pressure, enough to tear through a ship's siding with a waterjet or snap its mast clean off to prevent escape. The dragon turtle's eyes are large and colored a deep brown like those of a sea turtle.

Some images from different sources, not all matching my description. Do what you want.

The official D&D art of their dragon turtle

Traditional Chinese dragon turtle statue

Amazon.com: Ebros Acrylic Jade Green Resin Feng Shui Celestial ...

Tabletop miniature for DnD

I finally got around to painting this baby. [Dragon Turtle by ...

What do you think?
07/18/2020 12:37 am
Level 71 : Legendary Elf
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
this still open? i think so

- Is it scaled, furred, skeletal, mechanical, elemental, or a mixture (please explain which parts are which if you choose mixed): scaled, with a mechanical left forearm

- Color of each part: red scaled dragon, metallic silver mechanical arm

- Describe the horns: gazelle-like horns, which are black

- Describe the eyes: silver eyes

- Describe the top/back (such as fire bursting from the back, traditional spikes, or fur like an eastern dragon, etc.): traditional spikes, a darker red than the scales

- Describe the neck/underside: lighter red scales

- Mouth open or closed (and if it is breathing some kind of element or not): closed

- Light or dark background: dark background, could you make it dark grey though-

- Any other details: nope not that i can think of
07/17/2020 11:37 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
RMadril93
Alright i would like to see two dragons one my monokuma dragon i made and another would be Spyro against Mickey Mouse in a gruesome battle with blood and agent 9 and a weather imp and morgana and bendy dead in the background
07/18/2020 12:10 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
RMadril93
Also add a vivi and my badly damaged body while watching this also a gummi ship near me damaged
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome