Custom Recipes for Minecraft 1.6.4 and lower
95,414Views, 98 today
- 22,973Downloads, 14 today
- 378 Comments
- 67 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Steve
v 4.5 for Minecraft 1.6.4
Created by MightyPork
Developed by TheBoo
Requires Minecraft Forge
How to report a bug:
Go to the project's page on CurseForge
Click the "tickets" button.
Go to submit a ticket.
Note: I am planning to re-write the whole submission when I have time, so it'll be more clear.
When MightyPork retired, he gave me permission to update the mod.
See here, and here
NEW! Damage -1 means "any damage".
NEW! You can share your recipes on the official forums thread
NEW! Please review the changes to the mod in the beta SMP file, and message me bugs found in it.
Do not use Internet Explorer! It will damage the zip file.
Errors in your recipes are written
into .minecraft/ CustomRecipes.log.
- download and installminecraft forge
- run MC to create needed folders
- place this ZIP file into .minecraft/mods
- run MC again
- read mods/customrecipes/dictionary.txt
What does it do?
- This mod lets you create new recipes for Minecraft.
- You don't have to download "crafting mods" any more!
- All recipes are saved in Recipe Files, which can be edited by notepad.
- This mod is also useful for debugging your mods.
How to get Recipe Files
Recipe files can be found in:
- Mods on this site (they tell you to download this mod)
- Official recipe pack: Mighty Recipes
- After you download your recipe files, place them into this folder:
- .minecraft / mods / customrecipes
You can also write your own recipes, as described below.
- ...create new recipes with this mod
- ...freely distribute your own recipe files
- ...post your recipes as new mods
- ...redistribute this mod or any of it's parts, including the dictionary file
- ...say that you created this mod or any of it's parts
This mod read all the recipes from simple text files.
They are all stored in the recipe folder.
Dictionary file - the list of aliases
The dictionary.txt file is generated on startup, and it will be regenerated if you delete it.
This file contains all basic blocks and items that you can use in your custom recipes.
Do not edit this file, just read it to get the knowledge.
Your recipe files
All other files placed in /mods/customrecipes are interpreted as recipe files. These files contain your custom recipes (you can place many recipes into one file).
You can also define new blocks and items here using the * syntax.
Writing new recipes
There are 4 available recipe types:
- Shaped (the basic recipe)
- Shapeless (eg. dying wool)
- Smelting (for furnace).
- Fuel (for furnace)
The recipe file can also contain:
- Alias definition
Recipes can be saved in any text files in .minecraft/mods/customrecipes.
You can also use comments to make the code cleaner.
Recipe syntax - how to make a recipe
General notice: To get modded blocks, simply use their id like this: *pipe=185, and then use keyword pipe. For items, you must add 256 to the item id, if its 5000 in property file, use *explosiveEgg=5256.
shaped ( name,m + name,m + name,m / name,m + ... ) > ( name,count,m )
meta and count are optional.
Shaped recipe consist of recipe (left) and result (right).
name = Block or item name (defined in the dictionary), or number (direct ID)
m = meta / damage value. This is used, for example, to determine leaves, wool and dye colour.
count = number of items produced, default is 1.
Recipe rows (the name+name+name pieces) are divided by either ; , | or /.
All rows must have the same size.
Use "null" , "none" , "air" or "nothing" in empty slots.
shapeless ( name,m + name,m + name,m ... ) > ( name,count,m )
meta and count are optional.
Shapeless recipe has only one "row", with up to 9 items.
smelting ( name ) > ( name,count,m )
meta and count are optional.
Smelting recipe can have only one item on left, and can't specify it's meta.
fuel ( name, burn_time )
fuel ( name, meta, burn_time )
meta is optional.
Name is an alias or item ID, and burntime defines how long this item should burn.
Stick has burntime 100, planks 300, coal 1600, lavabucket 20000.
If you write some super large number here, you will have nearly infinite fuel.
meta is optional.
This is an alias definition of new block or item.
Alias can contain letters, numbers and underscore. ID must be a number.
Aliases are defined in the dictionary, but you can define your own in your recipe file.
# comment, description, whatever
// this also works
This is how you can make comments in your recipe files.
Comment doesn't have to start on new line, but all from the # sign till the end of line is treated as a comment.
For those who don't like brackets: Don't use them!
shapeless fence > stick,6
This works (or may work) too.
- shaped (log+null+log / log+log+log / log+null+log) > ( ladder,16 )
(recipe from "EasyWood" mod, crafting ladder of logs)
- shaped ( stick+stick / stick+stick ) > ( planks )
(recipe from "ReverseCrafting" mod, making planks back from sticks)
- shapeless ( dirt ) > ( clay )
(converting dirt to clay)
- shapeless ( log,0 ) > ( log,2 )
(oak to birch)
- shapeless ( logOak ) > ( logBirch )
(it can be now done this way)
- shapeless ( bucketLava+bucketWater ) > ( obsidian )
(recipe from "Crafting obsidian" mod; buckets will be returned empty)
- smelting ( ice ) > ( water )
(recipe to get "water tiles")
- smelting ( gravel ) > ( glass,64 )
(This is real cheating! Smelt one gravel to get 64 blocks of glass!)
Stone alias (rock can now be used instead of stone)
- fuel ( netherrack,10000000 )
- # Comments
- Read the dictionary.txt file to get better knowledge of block and item names
- Place similar recipes into one file to create recipe packs
- You can post the recipe packs as new mods here, just tell users to download this mod.
- To upload your recipes, ZIP them!
- If you run minecraft from command line, you get error messages that will help you debug your recipes.
- Spaces are ignored in the recipe files during execution, thus you can use spaces for formatting.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.6.4|
More Mods by TheBooView All
Update #21 : 10/14/2013 3:47:23 pm10/14/13
++Added new option to the config, "debug", which will enable/disable debugging mode. Debugging mode will print a more extensive log.
++Added recipe loading when the world loads and removed keybindings. I got annoyed that everytime you typed "r" it would reload the recipes, so now you have to exit and enter the world to reload the recipes. This will also make sure that every recipe functions when you first start up the game, it will load the recipes and then load them again when you enter a world, so every block and item should be included.
++ Added a version checker that will print a message if the mod is outdated.
Update #20 : 09/27/2013 1:57:47 am9/27/13
Update #19 : 09/24/2013 3:03:04 am9/24/13
++ Updated to 1.6.4
++ Added automatic dictionary entries for all blocks and items loaded.
Update #18 : 09/04/2013 1:29:37 am9/04/13
Update #17 : 07/29/2013 9:54:51 am7/29/13
++ Updated to 1.6.2
++ Added a keybind (r) to reload recipes when playing.
++ Added a config file to configurate wether to use keybinds.
- -1 Metadata is still out of function.
Update #16 : 06/26/2013 3:10:28 am6/26/13
Update #15 : 05/30/2013 1:58:03 am5/30/13
Update #14 : 05/20/2013 7:26:45 am5/20/13
++ Now Multiplayer compatible
* Changed priority from Init to PostInit.
Update #13 : 05/05/2013 9:27:03 am5/05/13
++ Updated to 1.5.2++ Added a experimental "recipe writer" which allows you to open the workbench GUI easly when writing recipes. It's stll WIP, and isn't working very well, but it will hopyfully have syntax highlightning in the next update.
Update #12 : 04/23/2013 2:02:34 pm4/23/13
* Fixed multi-lined recipe files.
* Added mcmod.info file.
* Added more log messages for extensive bug tracking (currently not toggle-able)
Update #11 : 04/09/2013 1:39:04 am4/09/13
Update #10 : 04/08/2013 11:17:31 am4/08/13
Update #9 : 03/21/2013 7:53:03 am3/21/13
Update #8 : 03/16/2013 10:35:37 am3/16/13
Update #7 : 12/23/2012 1:37:53 pm12/23/12
Update #6 : 12/09/2012 3:47:34 am12/09/12
It only took about 5minutes updating it, stupid lazy me...
Update #5 : 11/04/2012 6:52:46 am11/04/12
Update #4 : 10/15/2012 8:46:55 am10/15/12
Update #3 : 10/11/2012 1:16:52 pm10/11/12
Update #2 : 09/04/2012 9:53:22 am9/04/12
Update #1 : 09/02/2012 10:39:01 am9/02/12
Join us to post comments.