Sharpies?

Princess_Luna_'s Avatar Princess_Luna_5/29/14 1:07 pm
1 emeralds 335 9
5/29/2014 5:23 pm
zoossrocks's Avatar zoossrocks
Would sharpies be a good art tool for drawing? I was wondering because my birthday is coming up and i really want my pictures to look very good and on my birthday I know which art tools to get so if you could help me that would be great.
Budget: $100 or $200
Princess_Luna_
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2014 5:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
I only would use a black one, but if you want a color one I would get orange. Orange and black look great together. At least they did until my art teacher took them. ='(
05/29/2014 1:43 pm
Level 20 : Expert Goblin
FunkyGoblin
I like the effect sharpies give, they put alot more ink on the paper than most do, perhaps too much, but they are meant for permanent. Sharpies are great for drawing, but as other have said, don't bother with coloured ones, they are overpriced and give the same effect as any other fibre tip.
05/29/2014 1:41 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
rotarydial
I've always found sharpies, even sharpie minis, really thick and hard to hold. Whenever I try and draw with sharpies I either walk away with REALLY sore hands or a very inky piece of paper with lots of holes in it. I would recommend a few black sharpie minis, but as Azie says just use crayola or whatever for colour. It's a lot less expensive but a similar quality...
05/29/2014 1:33 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Pearldine777
Sharpies are really hard for me to draw with but I've seen artists who do masterpieces with them.
Like IrishChaos said, they go through paper. And they over-saturate almost every normal brand, which leads to actual holes ripping in your art or warping of the paper so you would have to buy some that's thicker like card stock, something like Bristol or marker paper from Hobby lobby/Jo Ann fabrics or some other crafts store. There are some awesome art stock stores around that usually have educational products.
Other than that, Sharpies are harder to control compared to tools such as pencils or ink pens.

I'm kind of a nerd about these things ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ
05/29/2014 1:22 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
crazyeagle
Dang, I hope you dont plan to spend your whole $100-$200 on sharpies. They can be useful, but like azie says you only need a couple.
05/29/2014 5:20 pm
Princess_Luna_
Don't worry I won't I just said I can afford anything it that price area if it were to cost that much
05/29/2014 5:21 pm
Princess_Luna_
And that's just my birthday money to spend
05/29/2014 1:15 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Fine-point black sharpies are great. You don't need to budget so high... You really only need a fine-point and a fat one and that'll cover most things. I wouldn't worry about colored sharpies. Just get regular markers for that. They're cheaper and are just as good. Black sharpies are just a bit blacker though and are better quality that some of the crayola black markers that look more dark green than black.
05/29/2014 1:10 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Depends. They can go through paper, but I love doodling with a really finepoint black sharpie, so I would say yes, for doing black and white doodle style drawings.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome