1

World Record Attempt in progress.

Thorlar •1/12/15 3:05 am
•
4.8k
•
3/30/2015 3:12 am
Hi again!

As I started my new project of 1.128.960 blocks, I realized it'll take months to finish. It also consumes much of my time, and I got some other projects going at the same time, so to try and stay more active, I figured I'd post weekly updates on my progress to this build so you guys, if interested, can follow my progress as it goes on.

So to not blabber around too much, here's my current progress:



Edit: Update, week 2:



Edit: Update, week 3:



Edit: Update, week 4:



Edit: Update, week 5:



Edit: Update, week 6:



Edit: Update, week 7 (few days late):



Edit: Update, week 8 (late again! ):



Edit: Update, week 9 (heh... ):



Edit: Update 10 (lets drop the weeks ):





What I'm building is a secret until it's done, even if some people find it obvious, so I'm not going to confirm what it is in case someone here decides to put a guess in, just so you know.

I also always stream these things, so if you want to see the progress more often, you can always go to my stream or just follow me on twitter.

I hope you like this attempt and what it looks like so far and what it'll turn into. My next update will be posted in a week or so, at least if there seems to be any interest for it.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Cheers!
Posted by
Thorlar
Level 1 : New Crafter
9

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

57

illuminati128k
• 03/29/2015 9:37 am
• Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
I don't get it, so it's a pixel by pixel drawing?
1
Thorlar
• 03/30/2015 3:12 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Yup. Block by block, placed by hand as described in the first post (I think I described it there at least...

You could also check this link for live progress, if you don't want to check my stream.
1
RedEye
• 03/22/2015 8:46 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
Looks AMAZING! I've been watching your streams !
1
Thorlar
• 03/29/2015 7:10 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Thank you! I'm glad you like it, and thank you for supporting me in being able to build it by watching the streams too. Much appreciated! <3

Also, here's the latest progress picture (sorry about being so wonky with updates lately, many things going on). It's not 550.000+ blocks and 50% done! For those of you who missed where you can see it progress, check the first post in this thread for a link to my stream.

1
Snowyfox
• 03/18/2015 3:28 pm
• Level 26 : Expert Princess
A question: if we remade this picture in Minecraft with the exact same pixels, wouldn't it be subject to copyright?
1
Thorlar
• 03/18/2015 3:37 pm
• Level 1 : New Crafter
If you don't earn money making something that has copyright on it, you're free to do what you wish with it, assuming you're not claiming that you made it. Explaining it simply it works like that at least.
1
eagoy
• 03/18/2015 2:29 pm
• Level 27 : Expert Aesthetic
Holy crap. Those details of it. It sure looks insane so far.
Respect for keeping this up.
1
Thorlar
• 03/18/2015 2:05 pm
• Level 1 : New Crafter


Am I late with my weekly update? Yeah, a few days! Sorry about it, but I've had a new roof being installed on my house, my fiancee got sick and now I'm sick so I'm sorry about the delay, but here's the latest weekly update! <3

Hope you all had a wonderful St Patricks Day!
1
Thorlar
• 03/09/2015 3:36 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Wow, all those responses!

As for those guessing, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything as I know people enjoy guessing in general without others trying to tell them what it is. So for those who even post pictures they find, you're not getting any answers still because it doesn't matter and some people out there doesn't want it. <3

Also, thank you for liking it people! I'm sorry I haven't been so active in replies and posting here lately, got a new internet connection (fiber optics, involved some digging and welding) so I've been setting up a new streaming environment and such, thus being a bit too busy to keep up with some stuff!

BUT enough about that, lets post the latest picture update now, and as always if you want more regular updates, my streams are always on time so you can go to the first post and check that out if you feel I'm posting too slowly or similar here (including a week-by-week update on the first page). <3

1
MrPifflesIV
• 03/06/2015 9:50 pm
• Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
Have you already talked to Guinness to make sure it will be official?
1
Schnellnut
• 03/06/2015 9:25 pm
• Level 10 : Journeyman Goblin
I wish you luck on that picture. Looks Great!
1
OfficiallBlox
• 03/02/2015 2:41 pm
• Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
That's cool af
1
cakeface
• 03/02/2015 4:00 pm
• Level 39 : Artisan Cake
Why autofocus? Why not cool as a summer breeze?
1
Milobonesy
• 03/02/2015 2:35 pm
• Level 21 : Expert Unicorn
9i ahve no idea think warcraft?
1
mcrocks999
• 02/26/2015 6:54 am
• Level 20 : Expert Cake
Looks like a massive, hand-made pixel art :O
1
mekbots
• 02/26/2015 6:51 am
• Level 31 : Artisan Robot
Week 7...Still don't know what it is... o_0
1
Thorlar
• 02/26/2015 1:42 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Hi! Sorry I'm late, I got some of you dropping by my stream to remind me to post the latest weekly update. Been a bit busy the past week outside of it so didn't have much time to come in here!

Anyhow, it's now at 375.000'ish blocks after 7 weeks and one third done basically! Of course, as always, the first post includes a "week by week" progress documentation.

1
TheEnigma
• 02/17/2015 3:33 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
this. is. a world record attempt.
1
Thorlar
• 02/17/2015 3:28 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Here's the latest update, thank you for still checking these out, and thank you to those of you who are also dropping by to say hello in the stream. <3 Now 6 weeks into development!



I hope you all had a great weekend! <3
1
serdarminecraft
• 02/11/2015 5:02 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
Check the progess here (Its the dynmap of the server)

http://frigolit.net:8123/?worldname=pix ... =64&z=9836
1
Braven10
• 02/11/2015 3:59 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
I'm not sure if this is pixel art or an actual build or what.

But I can tell from the picture that its the main villains from World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo.
1
zacthedead
• 02/10/2015 6:02 am
• Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Kerrigan, from starcraft.


Modified image, but still her.

1
Snowyfox
• 03/06/2015 9:21 pm
• Level 26 : Expert Princess
Just reposting Zac's image since I'm pretty sure they're correct.
1
Thorlar
• 02/10/2015 3:13 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
As there has been no replies lately, just going to leave my latest update here. As per usual, can also be found in the first post for a week-by-week view.

5 weeks spent, 250.000+ blocks now in it!

1
Thorlar
• 02/01/2015 12:05 pm
• Level 1 : New Crafter
This time I'm on time!



Even managed to stop building on friday at a corner for a smooth line. Currently spent almost 4 weeks on this piece, and it's expected to take over 1.000 hours to build total...so at least we've gotten started, eh? Of course as always, this picture also exists on the first post for a full "as weeks pass by" preview.

Hope you've all had a great weekend! <3
1
Cippe
• 01/29/2015 6:13 am
• Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
It will be the largest pixel art built by hand!

There are programs that places a picture in the world, but it is not built by hand, it is built bu a program!

twitch . tv / thorlar

too see him stream! :3
1
Thorlar
• 01/29/2015 12:40 pm
• Level 1 : New Crafter
I already linked them my stream, you don't need to too my friend. <3 Didn't know you had an account here though, nice to see you.

And for all you others who commented just now: Thank you for liking my attitude, I think it's important to have a good attitude in life to be able to enjoy it more (plus, a 11 year depression in the past taught me that happier is better to be).

Of course, if you people do have ANY questions whatsoever (other than what the build is about ) feel free to ask and I'll be glad to answer anything and put all the Q's into a Q&A post. <3
1
WTFshady
• 01/29/2015 5:35 am
• Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Looks pretty cool.
1
alan
• 01/29/2015 5:25 am
• Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
its totally diablo
1
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
• 01/29/2015 4:11 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
guestdsim guessing its from an anime/manga(do mangas even have pictures?)

Mangas are basically telling the story using pictures. The only text usually in mangas is to say Chapter x or the characters speaking.

Anyway, that is SO AWESOME you are really dedicated to this and I like your attitude. :) I have absolutely no idea what it is, so I won't even guess, but keep up the amazing work! :D
1
Snowyfox
• 01/29/2015 3:26 am
• Level 26 : Expert Princess
I don't know why everybody's guessing random stuff, but I'm thinking of Prototype here. But the teeth in the bottom right doesn't quite agree.
1
Thorlar
• 01/29/2015 3:07 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Wow, that's a big bunch of replies (and guesses)! Thanks for that people.

I'm glad you like what you're seeing so far, and like I tell people who tune into my stream and guess what I'm building: "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, it's a secret until it's done". So maybe it's Smaug, maybe it's Diablo, maybe it's a really burned chicken! Congratulations if you happened to get it right, but I'll still not confirm anything, even if it'll get obvious for some. <3

I also want to thank MrTree for dropping by the stream regularly to talk with me while building this. Thanks mate. <3
1
Whoknu
• 01/27/2015 4:47 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
diablo
1
Yaminia
• 01/27/2015 4:44 pm
• Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Like Myra said it looks like something or someone from Diablo.
1
sssilver
• 01/27/2015 4:33 pm
• Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
Is it Smaug from the Hobbit?
1
Myra_
• 01/27/2015 4:32 pm
She/Her • Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart Vampire
Looks like Diablo. {From the Diablo Blizzard game saga.} Definitely not anime/manga... xD
1
guestds
• 01/27/2015 4:28 pm
• Level 20 : Expert Modder
im guessing its from an amine/manga(do mangas even have pictures?)
1
NevetCS
• 01/27/2015 4:26 pm
• Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
It appears to be some sort of dragon. So ima take a shot and say its Smaug. (can you at least tell me if its a drag or not? <3 )
1
nightnday
• 01/27/2015 4:15 pm
• Level 38 : Artisan Lego Builder
Yes ! Knowing what your making, makes you want to tell the world, but at the same time this is too awesome to reveal ! good choice of subject.
1
Thorlar
• 01/27/2015 2:17 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Sorry about the late update, but here's the latest progress picture (also added to the main post for those that want to see "week by week" progress in one post:



I don't know about you, but I think it's starting to look pretty good now, at roughly 150.000 blocks out of 1.128.960 total. And also, a big thank you to those of you who have dropped by my stream, it's nice to meet and hang out with you. I just wish I had more time to spare to come here too with all of you awesome people and your awesome projects. <3
1
Faz_
• 01/17/2015 10:46 am
• Level 61 : High Grandmaster Meme
You could, you know, just tell us what it is.
1
Milobonesy
• 01/27/2015 12:28 pm
• Level 21 : Expert Unicorn
I AGREE
1
Thorlar
• 01/17/2015 10:18 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Just figured I'd point out that I've updated the post with a week 2 progress. I hope you can start making out what it is. Also, I'm sorry the far right is slightly cut off on the picture, for a better view you can always visit this page for a better view (and facts).

And for those that read this message first, I'll just add the updated progress as a picture in this message too:



I hope you like it, and thank you for checking this out! Have a great weekend, people. <3


EDIT: Figured I'd reply to some messages here too:

Is this superflat? This is superflat and on grass yes, on my own personal server.

How do you know this is a world record attempt? Because Guinness doesn't list any pixel arts in Minecraft as records, and there are no proven arts this big built by one by hand without using softwares to create them.

Do you build by hand? Yup, every single block placed one after another. I just like a challenge. For proof you can always visit my stream on Twitch, which is linked in the first post.

How do you know how big it is? Because it has dimensions, and multiplying them gives the exact number of blocks included, as the picture has a very detailed background.
1
anonpmc1839719
• 01/14/2015 1:00 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
[deleted]
1
Halorules555
• 01/14/2015 1:12 am
• Level 28 : Expert Zombie
Just because he doesn't upload anything to PMC doesn't mean he isn't experienced. Think beyond the planet.
1
MinoOtter
• 01/13/2015 11:45 pm
• Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
Permalink this is made in a superflat world and the green is grass right
1
nammerbom
• 01/13/2015 11:22 pm
• Level 40 : Master Architect
How is this going to be a world record though? Its obv pixel art, so like, largest pixel art? But I know many projects that are larger than 1 million blocks
1
Ivain
• 01/13/2015 9:36 pm
• Level 63 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
I think he is placing blocks for each pixel of a picture. This way you know roughly how much it will be if you know the size of a picture, and this seems to be a pretty large one. If you are doing this all by hand, respect to you, I myself couldnt keep myself interested long enough to make the first line.
1
Phant
• 01/13/2015 9:17 pm
• Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Out of curiosity, how do you do this? If it spoils what you are doing, you don't have to answer.
1
MrPifflesIV
• 01/13/2015 9:17 pm
• Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
As stated above could you talk about what your ultimate goal is.
1

Welcome