1

ComputerCraft Elevator

FumbleBrothers •3/17/13 2:54 pm
•
1.2k
•
6/28/2013 7:42 am
We made a ComputerCraft Elevator in Tekkit Minecraft. Hope you guys give it a look and let us know what you think!

View ComputerCraft Elevator
Posted by
FumbleBrothers
Level 24 : Expert System
4

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

19

FumbleBrothers
• 06/28/2013 7:42 am
• Level 24 : Expert System
1
FumbleBrothers
• 05/20/2013 5:11 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
1
FumbleBrothers
• 05/03/2013 1:14 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
1
FumbleBrothers
• 04/17/2013 4:31 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
1
FumbleBrothers
• 04/02/2013 1:24 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
You are correct sir! I did. Just was trying to get it noticed more.
1
Hatch_
• 04/02/2013 12:39 pm
• Level 53 : Grandmaster Fox
You can Publish it as Project
1
FumbleBrothers
• 04/02/2013 12:34 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
1
FumbleBrothers
• 04/02/2013 12:19 am
• Level 24 : Expert System
Bumping for interest.
1
FumbleBrothers
• 03/25/2013 8:28 am
• Level 24 : Expert System
Sweet!
1
FumbleBrothers
• 03/23/2013 10:02 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Hahahaha I would sure hope you'd diamond that! If you want to subscribe to us, you'll know if we ever succeed.
1
Mercalyn
• 03/24/2013 1:48 am
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Done.
1
Mercalyn
• 03/22/2013 6:57 pm
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
I'd think with programming, it's all possible! And with computercraft, more code != more space taken, unlike redstone, so plenty of room here!

I'd say you could have a cp calculate what floors are being occupied by a user. e.g. a user on floor 4 goes to floor 6, so floors 4-6 are occupied, and if a floor 1 -> 5 is requested, it will receive a wait. Or a floor 1 -> 3 request will go through immediately. I don't know, you're right, pretty difficult stuff!

If you go through with it and succeed, I will SO diamond that too.
1
FumbleBrothers
• 03/22/2013 2:55 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Well now! Hahah That would be one hell of a feat - but could be an awesome challenge too. I don't even know if that would be possible, but something to look into for sure! Thanks for the idea.
1
Mercalyn
• 03/22/2013 2:19 pm
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Aha, that's what I was looking for!

I think your next Tekkit Elevator project should be multiple elevator-carts running on the same track, that would be some intense programming.
1
Mercalyn
• 03/21/2013 2:08 pm
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Wait, so... You built a room for actual circuitry? That's what it sounds like in the video. Did you try to build any of it, or did you just scrap it immediately for Computercraft?

I admire good code, sir; but I more admire a hardcoded circuit
1
Eternal_Edge
• 03/21/2013 12:11 am
• Level 53 : Grandmaster Dragon
Awesome build!
1
FumbleBrothers
• 03/22/2013 1:26 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Thanks!

MercalynWait, so... You built a room for actual circuitry? That's what it sounds like in the video. Did you try to build any of it, or did you just scrap it immediately for Computercraft?

I admire good code, sir; but I more admire a hardcoded circuit


We had another build that was done with just wiring, so when we wanted to do ComputerCraft we kept it simple and just stripped the wiring and replaced it all with a computer. The other versions are in our profile page, but I'll link you too.

There are two videos, but just one download. We show how to build it outside of a building, and then we show it off built inside a building.

View Minecraft Tekkit Elevator
1
Mercalyn
• 03/21/2013 12:04 am
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Saw the video, liked it. It would have been interesting to see with just redpower logic, instead of computercraft.
1
FumbleBrothers
• 03/19/2013 5:04 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Bumping Submission.
1

Welcome