PBL S7 Finals! Kefka vs OreoVal

Kefka's Avatar Kefka1/10/15 8:30 pm
1 emeralds 4.2k 68
1/23/2015 10:48 am
TheHipster's Avatar TheHipster
Kefka's Monster in Ender-Diamond Armor

OreoVal's Sea nymph-inspired mannequin display

*Vote only for the skin you think is better.
*Do not vote just because of who made the skin.
Kefka
Level 89 : Elite War Lord

Create an account or sign in to comment.

j_0anna
01/23/2015 1:16 am
Level 27 : Expert Nerd
I vote OreoVal cuz I can use that skin as a Maiar (also I just generally like it better).
Sowwy Kefka.
MinecraftGurl11
01/20/2015 11:07 am
Level 35 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
kefka's is more original and put together.
oreo could have done anything else besides a girl
01/17/2015 7:21 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
Oreaval's is not only a teen skin, but it's a poorly made unoriginal one.
TheHipster
01/23/2015 10:48 am
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
Either you've no idea what a nymph is
or you just hate anything that's female.
PrototypeTheta
01/18/2015 3:05 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
Elaborate?
OreoVal
01/18/2015 2:56 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
We discussed this on the last page. I don't see how it's a teen skin at all. It's a female mannequin.
Kefka
01/17/2015 7:13 pm
Thanks everybody! This season was a lot of fun. GG Oreo!
I so look forward to having the ability to make my own colors again.
OreoVal
01/18/2015 12:49 pm
Congratulations, it was nice being able to battle you.
xenolovegood
01/17/2015 10:54 am
Level 31 : Artisan Narwhal
looks like kefka is gon win well too bad oreo but YAY KEFKA YAY HIGH FIVE BRUH
LuxLacis
01/16/2015 6:28 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
I liked Kefka's overall skin, but the dress on OreoVal's skin 0.0 amazing.
WTFshady
01/16/2015 10:37 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Gratz Kefka.
Ash
01/16/2015 10:15 am
She/Her • Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu Kitten
Congrats Kefka. Definitely deserved the win here with a fantastic skin.
Zatharel
01/16/2015 10:20 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
yep, even though @Kefka you should really stop using that ender theme >.>
Punkamoar
01/16/2015 6:00 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
maye we should call you Snowy's shadow because you quote her half the time she posts something
Zatharel
01/18/2015 12:54 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
great minds think alike, no need to be hostile :p
Jedi
01/15/2015 10:14 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Oreos looks less random.

Also I like the green bits.
Blazyy
01/14/2015 3:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
I like Kefka Better.
PureNerd
01/13/2015 1:47 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
Drzzter
OreoVal
Drzzter
Kefka's idea is more original even if he has several ender skins in his history, anything's more original than teen skins. (No offense Val, you have great shading and all, I'd just like to see things other than teen girls.)

I don't think it's fair how all female-based skins are considered teens.
Honestly, it's a mannequin. How is a female mannequin automatically a teen?
I did use similar hair shading to my usual, but that's how I would shade even a boy skin's hair, or something close to it.
I mean it's not like it has teen eyes, boots, a hoodie, or is covered in bows and flowers. It's way different from things people generally call "teen skins."

Even if it weren't my own skin, I wouldn't ever classify it as a "teen skin." But I respect your opinion.

ehh, sorry last post came out harsher sounding than I meant, (lel up at like 2 AM idk I was tired ok).

All I meant was human or very human like female skins seem a little overdone IMO, I still appreciate them for the colour and shading quality, just the idea seems a lil stale. Really, you're a great skinner, keep up the good work ok.

So your voting for Kefka because you like his style and idea which he often creates,
but you don't like Val's because of her style and idea which she often creates?
Drzzter
01/13/2015 1:32 pm
They/Them • Level 74 : Legendary Vampire Prince
history
OreoVal
Drzzter
Kefka's idea is more original even if he has several ender skins in his history, anything's more original than teen skins. (No offense Val, you have great shading and all, I'd just like to see things other than teen girls.)

I did use similar hair shading to my usual, but that's how I would shade even a boy skin's hair, or something close to it.
I mean it's not like it has teen eyes, boots, a hoodie, or is covered in bows and flowers. It's way different from things people generally call "teen skins."

Even if it weren't my own skin, I wouldn't ever classify it as a "teen skin." But I respect your opinion.

All I meant was human or very human like female skins seem a little overdone IMO, I still appreciate them for the colour and shading quality, just the idea seems a lil stale.
Kefka
01/13/2015 1:18 pm
You don't have to use all the colors in the palette, its all about making the best skin with the colors provided. I felt the green really took away from what I was going for in the skin. I did try it.
Chellizard
01/14/2015 3:52 pm
Level 40 : Master Pokemon
Woulda added that extra bit. And I understand you don't need to use all the colors, it just feels like a cop-out.

Still haven't voted. Waiting til I'm certain.
Seribun
01/13/2015 12:50 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
My vote goes to Val as she actually used all the colors. That's what the contest was about right, who could use the palette better?
Chellizard
01/13/2015 10:17 am
Level 40 : Master Pokemon
I would have voted for Kefka, and I really still might, but OreoVal used the green. I think the green could have been used in Kefka's skin as the eye color, and maybe as green ooze coming from the mouth. But eh.

Still undecided. Will vote soon.
Punkamoar
01/12/2015 11:25 pm
Val's was more original.
xdthomasu
01/12/2015 2:42 pm
Level 35 : Artisan System
OreoVal, cuz not that messy than Kefka's ;> eg
Kioki
01/12/2015 2:17 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Hmmm tough choice, They both are very amazing, but I think I am going to go with Kefka for this vote.
Crescendo
01/12/2015 2:08 pm
Level 81 : Elite Witch
OreoVal
Drzzter

It's not a teen skin I agree with Val here (after all it's a sea nymph) in most popular legends nymphs are female... I think people are too quick to call something a teen skin just because it is female.

If dat sea nymph was wearing a hoodie though...

But yeah not a teen skin. BOTH Kefka and Val have made skins with a style similar to what they've used before but that's just because it's THEIR style- Val has her shading and Kefka his- so just vote for what you prefer
OreoVal
01/12/2015 1:10 pm
Drzzter

Altofino
01/12/2015 10:56 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
Both are really awesome but I decided to vote for Oreoval's one because it is more awesome, (GREEEEEEN HAIR ERMAHWADGAWD(I like green C:))
Leeanne
01/11/2015 9:45 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
I like Kefka's better. My vote goes to him
roxiefiboss10
01/11/2015 8:49 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Warrior
Oreoval
BenDragonsword
01/11/2015 8:42 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Baconator
Hmm... honestly, I have many issues with both of these skins.
Mainly, my problem is that they both borrow too heavily, especially stylistically, from the respective creators' past skins. Even looking back at earlier weeks of this season.

Kefka's mouth is overused, along with the Ender concept and style. Whereas, OreoVal's borrows too heavily from her past skins such as the Warrior from her Semifinals entry.

Don't get me wrong - I love both skinners, and they're both very good skins - they're just not as good as I've come to appreciate from both artists.

OreoVal gets my vote for her concept and better use of the color scheme. Sorry Kefka, but the armored look is getting really old.
AtomicCookies
01/11/2015 7:47 pm
Level 41 : Master Pixel Puncher
I voted for Kefka, not because it looks nice, but I feel all of Oreo's skins were female or girl skins. Would've been better if she was more creative rather than going with the female skins.
Punkamoar
01/14/2015 3:20 pm
Uhum, Kefka is more creative? Val does a lot of "girl" skins, and Kefka does a lot of "ender" "armor" skins. Neither one hit points for creativity. Both played it safe with their ideas, and stayed in their strengths.

So, it comes down to which ever one you thought was better, as creativity doesn't really apply here
Happs
01/11/2015 7:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
All the posts have been made on why I'm voting for Kefka, so I don't need to repeat them. Kefka's is a great skin and Val's is not bad.
envyfan53
01/11/2015 6:20 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Zombie
Normally I would go for the most simple and cute skin, but Kefka's skin is just.. WOW.. my vote goes to Kefka<3
Fanjawi
01/11/2015 5:07 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
My vote goes to Kefka.

Congrats on the win btw.
OreoVal
01/12/2015 9:56 am
Oh, he hasn't won yet. It's only a 10-point difference, and there are still 4 days of voting. Anything could happen.
Allergy_Man
01/11/2015 4:55 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
So I like Kefka's use of the purples and blues to make one color, and his shading, but his skin seems unoriginal to me. I don't mean that in a negative way, it just looks like a couple of his other skins combined into one. The back looks similar to this skin.

The head looks similar to this skin.

It's a good skin, but I guess I just like seeing more original content like Kefka usually posts.

Val's skin is good too, but looks more simplistic compared to Kefka's. Also, I think the body and hair aren't done as well as the amazing dress. (Though I understand Val was going for that more jointed mannequin look.) I also think it would've been awesome if she tried to fit this shade in for the body.

I'm not going to reveal my vote, but good luck to both of you.
Sausager
01/11/2015 4:05 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Princess
Voted for Val because we need to stop Kefka's domination of PMC ^>^
Mayanaisee
01/11/2015 3:31 pm
Level 48 : Master Spider Rider
not too fond of how val did her hair, however the dress and skin look really nice.

i don't really like the way kefka did the back of the legs though. but the way he used the pallete, color wise is amazing.

i think both skins are awesome, and both the skinners deserve to be in the finals, but my vote goes to kefka.
LIL_Danica
01/11/2015 11:50 am
Level 71 : Legendary Senpai
I voted for Val. I feel like she went all out to use most of the palette, where as with Kefka's I can't see most of the green part of the palette. Also I have seen that ender like design on many of Kefka's skins. So sorry Kefka but Val got my vote.
Drzzter
01/12/2015 11:05 am
They/Them • Level 74 : Legendary Vampire Prince
...And I have seen that teen girl skin design on many of Val's skins..

Not a huge fan of Kefka's shading, Val's isn't that great either though.

Deeno
01/11/2015 6:06 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Gent
You both did a good job
Though Kefka's one was just a tad better.
Kefka
01/11/2015 5:18 am
ah man...its actually been 10 months since I made my last ender themed skin guys (Ender Bot)
WTFshady
01/11/2015 5:40 am
Yes, I know that, but the main theme of your skins is ender (you have like 4-5 skins that are ender themed).
Kefka
01/11/2015 5:45 am
yep, it was kind of my thing the first year I was skinning
WTFshady
01/11/2015 5:58 am
Fair enough.
WTFshady
01/11/2015 5:08 am
My vote goes for Kefka. His skin is pretty good and I love the use of the 1.8 hat layer. The shading on OreoVal's looks a bit weird. The hair on her skin looks like it's made out of mini rectangles and IMO the arms and the face don't fit the other parts of the skin (they're pretty simple). Overall both skins are pretty good.

@Kefka try using the ender theme less.
Reefripz
01/11/2015 3:30 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Fisherman
I like yours kefka but I like Vals more
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome