PureNerd vs Hybrid - ToSS

PureNerd's Avatar PureNerd4/14/15 2:47 pm
4/17/2015 10:16 am
Malaionus's Avatar Malaionus
Please vote on who you think has the better skin.

PureNerd's
View 'I'm Ready For Battle'

Hybrid's
'The Armored One'
PureNerd
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/17/2015 10:16 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
I made it even
04/17/2015 7:04 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Princess
Sausager
Voting Finished on 17th April at 12:00 noon EST
Voting stands at 41 votes to me, 40 to PureNerd
GG Pure! That was a really close battle c:
04/15/2015 6:59 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
fig_newton
Hybrid's
04/15/2015 6:21 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
again its that skin with the mouth in Pures that looks like it has a disc shoved in its mouth but my question is that are the people voting all going to Pure just because they posted it or is it coincidence that my opinion is not Pures both times lol? (its rhetorical because im making a joke that my opinion was coincidentally that i didnt pick Pures) i also hate the fact that Pures skin is being voted for when its also Pures post too so i think another mod should post the forum ToSS things as long as theyre not in it lol and no im not accusin Pure of cheating by voting him/her self
04/15/2015 7:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Turtle
FlyingTurtles
That's just the way it goes, one of the participants (battlers?) has to post the poll.
04/15/2015 5:16 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Goblin
SharkyBoy
Alright, opinion time.

PureNerd: Great job with this one, it's very original and different, and hasn't been like the other ToSS skins I've seen. You went for a different route and executed it perfectly; your colors and design are wonderful, and the shading is awesome. I really like yours.

Hybrid: Really nice as well. Although it may just be a simple knight, you designed it pretty well, and the shading is alright, other than it can be very messy. Your colors, like I've said before, are way too contrasted and don't really match here, I would much rather have a vibrant gold.

All in all, my vote goes to Pure, sorry Hybrid. Again.
04/15/2015 4:28 pm
Level 25 : Expert Robot
ParishSoldier
Pikamoar
ParishSoldierOk, friendly reminder that ToSS' theme is to create the mascot or personal person but ready for battle, in PureNerd's desc it goes through why he chose the design and that he not only did he out alot of work into the shading and style but that he really thought about his skin before hand even down to the palette so it really looks like his personal avatar but readied for battle.
Technically, PureNerd didn't say why he picked it, just giving some background on the character that he based it off of. Also, it looks nothing like his profile picture, unless somehow white faces are red now.

He did do amazing though, as did Hybrid. It took me a really long time to pick.

Also:
Allergy_ManDon't want to sound mean, but Pure should be winning by a mile.
Yeah man, you really failed.

his personal/mascot doesn't have to be his profile picture, he piked his old personal skin, if you look closer at his description it does explain why he did what he did.
here's his desc
"the theme was to create a skin of ourselves 'ready for battle'. Now this skin may not have a bunch of armor but only because it is based off of the best class of warrior in RPG games. The medieval rouge, rouges have little armor to protect but that also means has less weight so my attacks shall be quicker. The color scheme and design is based off of my personal skin I made a couple months back."

He clearly states that his palette and design are based off of his personal skin but he made him rogue looking since that is his personal favorite class of warrior.
04/15/2015 4:09 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
ParishSoldierOk, friendly reminder that ToSS' theme is to create the mascot or personal person but ready for battle, in PureNerd's desc it goes through why he chose the design and that he not only did he out alot of work into the shading and style but that he really thought about his skin before hand even down to the palette so it really looks like his personal avatar but readied for battle.
Technically, PureNerd didn't say why he picked it, just giving some background on the character that he based it off of. Also, it looks nothing like his profile picture, unless somehow white faces are red now.

He did do amazing though, as did Hybrid. It took me a really long time to pick.

Also:
Allergy_ManDon't want to sound mean, but Pure should be winning by a mile.
Yeah man, you really failed.
04/15/2015 1:52 pm
ParishSoldier
Ok, friendly reminder that ToSS' theme is to create the mascot or personal person but ready for battle, in PureNerd's desc it goes through why he chose the design and that he not only did he out alot of work into the shading and style but that he really thought about his skin before hand even down to the palette so it really looks like his personal avatar but readied for battle. Whereas Hybrid's mascot/person is deadpool but he just created golden armor that may be very well done in executed but he didn't make it personal. So it seems to me that he failed at the theme so my vote goes to PureNerd.
04/15/2015 2:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Princess
Sausager
My OC is not Deadpool anymore, I changed it quite a while ago. Nowhere on my profile do I say that my current OC is Deadpool. I currently do not have an OC and to show this, I made myself dark and in shadow.
04/15/2015 2:19 pm
ParishSoldier
that doesn't change the fact that this is still just armor, it's not personal at all, it just seems cliche' to me to do golden armor, and you are recognized as deadpool as most of your fan stuff is that very thing. I'm just saying that there doesn't seem to be a personal idea to this skin.
Edit, you could've made your profile picture even, or that eyeless purple kid on your profile.
04/15/2015 2:33 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
If he did Deadpool then even more people would whine about him being unoriginal.
04/15/2015 2:36 pm
ParishSoldier
not if he put armor on it and made it cooler and stated what the point was and that it was personal
04/15/2015 1:20 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
Don't want to sound mean, but Pure should be winning by a mile.
04/15/2015 2:09 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
WitherKnight
I agree with you.
04/15/2015 1:39 pm
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Don't agree tbh. The colours and execution on Hybrid's skin are phenomenal, and the use of the hat layer is amazing. The hat on PureNerd's is quite good, but in my opinion, the shading and the execution are inferior to Hybrid's.
04/17/2015 7:52 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Gent
Deeno
This is what I don't agree with. I think the colours look a bit odd and out of place, I must say the use of hatlayer is very well done, but pure's main design is already good. And the shading makes the skin look messy, but that's partly because of the colour choice. Even though I prefer pure's, hybrid's one is also nice.
04/15/2015 8:54 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
CraftMine898
I honestly can't choose, so I won't vote, good luck to you both
04/15/2015 7:56 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Hybrid's armour is bae. 10/10 would wear again.
04/15/2015 6:12 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Narwhal
_Lumbug
Sorry PureNerd
04/15/2015 1:37 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
o.o They are both amazing.
I'd have to go with Hybrid's because it has that light-golden feel to it (I'm not into dark stuff much).

Why must I choose though!? ;-;
04/15/2015 1:18 am
Level 37 : Artisan Grump
Corcustos
I vote PureNerd. I've honestly never seen anything quite like his skin. On the other hand, I've seen many skins that are related to Hybrid's. PureNerd's entry is my new MC skin xP
04/14/2015 10:15 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Well, it's my solemn duty to vote, so here's the verdict:

Pure's is definitely cleaner in terms of shading, but Hybrid's design and colors look terrific. Like I said before, this isn't an easy decision, but I have to go with Hybrid.

Sorry PureNerd
04/14/2015 9:08 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
this... this is impossible
04/14/2015 9:10 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
^ Perfect summary of my opinion. This is too close to call.
04/14/2015 10:10 pm
Level 1 : New Network
iChrono
Agreed.... They Both are AMAZING
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome