1

Critique on a texture

argentum alae •4/25/14 11:28 am
•
429
•
4/27/2014 12:30 pm
I keep dabbling in the resource pack arts . I made a grass texture and I want to check if it's too similar to another pack (It reminds me of a pack, but I can't figure out which) and if it can still be improved.

http://imgur.com/UDjUFpO

I'm using a link because the image won't ever appear for me.

Update: I made a plank texture that I am somewhat satisfied with for pretty much the first time ever.

http://imgur.com/rbjTBgU
Posted by
argentum alae
Level 28 : Expert Dragon
17

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

6

argentum alae
• 04/27/2014 12:30 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Dragon
Bump
1
argentum alae
• 04/26/2014 2:05 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Dragon
Bump
1
Irish
• 04/25/2014 3:26 pm
He/Him • Level 73 : Legendary Nerd
The grass, maybe, but no to the planks.
Randomize the planks, not every plank is the same colour.
1
argentum alae
• 04/25/2014 2:04 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Dragon
Bump
1
PixelCrash_
• 04/25/2014 11:46 am
• Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Looks like you put some time into this. I think it would be excellent as part of a texture pack
1
mudkip45
• 04/25/2014 11:45 am
• Level 33 : Artisan Fisherman
Hmm.... alot of simple resource packs have similar stuff, as long as you literally did not take it you should be fine, but ask staff just in case.


*EDIT* yes, it is nice looking grass!
1

Welcome