Item name overlaying

chloe_burbank's Avatar chloe_burbank8/17/21 12:40 am
8/18/2021 8:15 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
is there a way for a texture pack to change one item's name without setting the rest of them to their default names?
chloe_burbank
Level 22 : Expert uwu

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Stubbs1
08/17/2021 9:45 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but with you can change item names in texturepacks by editing the lang.json file. Your game will have to be set to the default US_EN language (Tutorial on how to do it)
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev
08/17/2021 6:28 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
Actually, the language does not need to be the default US_EN language, I'm pretty sure that in one of the versions, there are all the language jsons stored in the language folder.
Stubbs1
08/18/2021 8:15 am
True, however you'd need to do a lot of digging in the files for the newer versions of the game to find those files, as the old language files cannot be used for newer versions of the game :p
chloe_burbank
08/17/2021 4:25 pm
say if i wanted to make a resource pack change the name of the iron pickaxe item so it's a different name, and i made another resouce pack that changed the name of the slimeball item. if i were to overlay the iron pickaxe resource pack on top of the slimeball one, the pickaxe's name would change, but the slimeball's wouldn't. is there a way to change the lang.json file so that both the iron pickaxe and the slimeball had their name changed?
Stubbs1
08/17/2021 5:53 pm
I mean, if you change both the name of the pickaxe and the slimeballs inside the same lang.json file, they will both change.

If you're trying to make a system where you can overlay 2 texturepacks that both contain changes to the .lang file, then I don't believe that is actually possible. The way Minecraft reads texturepack files is that it looks at the top pack that you have enabled and make the textures and files in that pack have priority - That means: If the first pack, as an example has: Grass, Stone, and Wood textures, and the second pack enabled has Grass, Stone and Iron textures - Minecraft will prioritise the Grass and Stone files from the first pack, but will notice the first pack does not contain an Iron texture, and thus it will get the Iron texture from the second pack you have enabled.

Same system goes for lang files. Minecraft will read the first lang file it comes across in the top pack, and will therefor ignore any similar files from packs that are below the priority.

A solution would be to create 3 different language packs that you can switch between. One where Slimeballs are renamed, one with pickaxe renmaed, and one with both renamed :)
chloe_burbank
08/17/2021 6:04 pm
thanks for help
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome