~l~Resistance was futile~l~OOC/Application thread~l~

Korigon's Avatar Korigon2/26/13 5:07 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 151
3/8/2013 7:31 am
Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch
THIS IS NOT A SERVER RP. THIS IS A FORUM RP.

LINK TO IC resistance-was-futile-t224666.html

A man is walking down a nearly abandoned train station. Dark green jumpsuit, grizzly bead, green eyes. He approaches at metrocop and purposely throw a can on the ground. The metro cop looks at him angrily. “Pick up that can, scum.” The man looks at the can and rolls his eyes. “Make me. “ The metrocop stares, aggravated at this scum who dared to defy him. He pulled out his shock stick and approaches. Suddenly, the man grabs it from his hand and hits him in the face with it. The metrocop stumbles back in pained shock, and two other metrocops come out, shocksticks out and ready to use them. “Resistance if futile!” The shout out. The man ignores them and pulls the metrocops pistol out of his holster. Taking steady aim, he shoots both down, then turns towards the stunned metrocop and shoots him in the head. “Resistance was futile, but not anymore.” He says. And continues walking along, the gun still clutched in his hand...

Hello guys! I've been wanting to do a RP like this for some time, so I decided to do it today! I'll get to the settings and such now, but please pay attention to the rules if you plan on applying!

The setting is in the not so distant future. Alien invaders, known as the “Overlords” have taken over earth. Only one battle was fought, and earths military forces were nearly completely annihilated. The overlords then proceeded to kill all high up officials who dared to oppose them. With that being done, they seized control of Earth and ruled as malevolent dictatorship. Ten years later after this event, they transported troops of theirs off the planet. Hopes have sprung up in the humans everywhere to try and recapture their beloved Earth. “Like the war of independence, Great Britain VS America, The humans vastly outnumbered the Overlords. In order to neutralize this threat, the Overlords introduced a new type of security. The metrocops. Metrocops are regular humans who volunteered. They had better bunks, better food, and a better social rank. This caused uneasiness in the resistance. They would need the peoples support to defeat the Overlords soldiers and metrocops. Luckily for them, the Overlords decided on something else, on top of the metrocops. They went through houses with daily patrols, and seized everyone who had broken a limb, or damaged something serious. They then proceeded to brainwash them, cut off the damaging part (Sometimes killing the subject) and install them as a new soldier. This cruel, inhuman treatment pushed the humans over the edge. The resistance gave speeches, and the Metrocops were pelted and attacked daily. Eventually the resistance got serious and started eliminating metrocops and seizing their weapons. And finally, the resistance stormed a guarded stronghold filled with weapons, killed the guards, and seized the weapons. This was a terrible blow to the Overlords, because now the resistance could raise actual teams to take down soldier regiments. And that's how this RP starts, with the Resistance fighting the Overlords...

OK! Enough of the lore, I'll get on to the rules and applications, then we'll be finished!

There are only two sides you can join. Resistance, or Overlord soldier. First people to join either sides and show themselves to be good Rp'ers will get a high ranked place if they want it. (IE, Commander of a regiment in the Overlords. Or assault team leader for Resistance. Get my drift? ) Another thing, I may not always be on, (Although that is actually unlikely) and I may need help. So if your interested in helping out in an RP (Reviewing apps, giving out punishments to rule breakers, etc) just ask. You do have to have been experienced in it before, however!

Rules. (PLEASE Read all!)

Rule. 1: No random weapon-finding! Weapons are scarce! If your in the resistance you get one from your relatives OR one of the commanders who can get a weapon from the armory for you. If your Overlord, you must be GIVEN the gun by a commanding officer. Overlord, you can use secondary weapons of your choice, but no god-modded weapons. Like if you have a sub-machine gun, you can have a pistol of your choice. Some weapons like pipes and wrenches CAN be found on some strees, however!

Rule. 2: No god-modding! Although the overlords have good weapons, you don't start with a bazooka or something! No, some special people will get the abilities to fly gunships, give medpacks, and such, but please, NO GOD-MODDING! This means no overpowering weapons and ammo! For example, Both sides have bullet proof armor, but it can be pierced. But nothing like “Armor pierced ammo or explosive bullets!” (Although that would be cool in another RP xD )

Rule. 3: Your NOT invincible. What I mean by this is that please don't go getting into random battles and coming out unscathed a bunch. Make an effort to RP decently. I expect some people to get wounded! Remeber, Overlords usually have better equipment than the resistance!

Rule. 4: No controlling other characters! Nor killing WITHOUT permission! This is simple. You can do something like “Takes a shot at the man, hoping he hits!” But not something like this, “Pulls out a gun and shoots the man point blank range, and watches in satisfaction as he doubles over in pain from being shot in the brain.” This should be EASY to follow!

Rule 5: No excessively young characters! I am fairly lenient on this one, but I would rather not have ten year olds running around shooting people with pistols. So please try to keep your characters in a decent age level.

Rule 6: No inappropriate content please! If you read all the rules say I like pie in anything else! I want to keep this RP kid friendly, so keep it PG please! That also means no excessive language please. If your guys about to die? That's one thing. You parents died? That's another thing. But don't just cuss for the heck of it. That's silly.

Rule 7: The sides will be kept even. For example, if someone applies for Overlords and gets in, try to be Resistance for your app. Try to keep stuff even so its not like 25 Resistance VS two overlords. Hurhur, if anyone applies at all.

Rule 8
: Woot, final rule! Please RP your part. I don't want Overlords being merciful. They were robotic cyborgs without hearts. They find a child? Brainwash it and make it a soldier. They find someone with a gun? Shoot him. He may be Resistance. For Resistance, your welcome to have heart and save someone in overlords-But don't expect them to return the favor!

If you break any of these rules, you will be awarded one point. Getting three points will result in a ban
from the RP, so please don't make me do that!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Overlord soldier application. (All of it is RP, not IRL information!)

Name:
Why do you want to join this RP:
Do you have any experience in previous Rps, and if so, which ones?
Backstory: (Can be short, since Overlord soldiers were usually brainwashed. Tell us how life is in the ranks! )
Position: (Pilot, soldier, computer expert, etc!)
[b]Anything else?[b/]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Resistance application.

Name:
Personality traits:
Looks like: (Verbal description is fine, but you have to be detailed if you do that!)
Backstory: (Please, relatively detailed and such. Who were you parents? Why do you want to join the Resistance?)
Position: (Soldier, pilot, medic, etc!)
Do you have any experience in previous Rps:
[b]Anything else?[/b]
Death watch app. (Mutated experiments, elite soldiers, heavy soldiers, etc )

Name:
Personality traits:
Looks like: (Verbal description is fine, but you have to be detailed if you do that!)
Backstory: (This must be in detail, for example, Why do you want to join the Death watch?)
Position: (Assassin, Recon, heavy, etc. )
Anything else?
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Last of all, but not least, is that I won't put up a RP thread until at least two people apply. 'Cause I don't want to make a RP post when no one wants to RP the theme. Kinda obvious, right? Good. I congratulate you on reading all of this! (Or just scrolling down. D:< ) And hope you have a good day.

Oh, I forgot to say sorry for bad grammar. Although I scanned this, I'm pretty sure I missed up a sentence or more.
Korigon
Retired Moderator
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/08/2013 6:51 am
Korigon
Muy bueno! Me gusta! Anyway, Accepted!
03/08/2013 6:24 am
Level 26 : Expert Geek
tmplumber
its ok
03/08/2013 6:19 am
tmplumber
Im sorry that I am not Spanish speaking /
03/08/2013 6:22 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/08/2013 7:31 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Don't worry I can't speak Spanish and. Just put the letters together and guessed it was the same since it was similar
03/08/2013 5:30 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/08/2013 5:56 am
Deth_Glitch
Thunder... *gulp* go easy on him
03/08/2013 6:07 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/08/2013 4:56 am
tmplumber
You missed something in anything else, go back and check the rules
03/08/2013 3:13 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/07/2013 3:35 pm
Korigon
Your choice!
03/07/2013 2:49 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/07/2013 12:39 pm
Korigon
Erm, Well, Thunder, here is a bit of a problem. See, neutral didn't exist-In a way. If you supported the overlords, you were either brainwashed, put on deathwatch, or you joined metrocops. If you didn't support them you were killed.

So you can't really be neutral. All the neutral are...Dead. :U

I could make you a low ranking soldier or something, if you want. Not sure if that's what your looking for, however.
03/07/2013 4:04 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/06/2013 7:34 pm
Deth_Glitch
A, I don't get how you would access a closed system B, Damon would just stop them on the ground and forget
03/06/2013 7:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
bubbykaz
No,his Phantom device can hack everything but if its not connected to the internet he could only do so if he has clear vision and if he is in distence so he could play justin biber on it if he wanted to
03/06/2013 7:17 pm
Deth_Glitch
Nope his scope and snipers are all old school, spring loaded and such. His only tech is his Audiovator's but you will achieve nothing more then stopping him listening to music if you hack them .. but since they have no internet/blue tooth only way to do that would be to EMP them...
03/06/2013 7:04 pm
bubbykaz
bum bum tish

Also,Deth your saying your char has nothing electronic? Not anything at all like a lazer pointer a scope or a vid-doc?
03/06/2013 7:01 pm
Deth_Glitch
Looking good bubby, just wait for the big mans reply and you may be in DeathWatch But I am in DETHWatch... Watch out!
03/06/2013 6:56 pm
bubbykaz
Ok, here I go!

Name:Aiden "Phantom" Kennedy
Personality traits:Calm,Unforgiving,Clever,Evil,and Smart
Looks like:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Aiden has a child was brilliant for his age knowing twice the amount of most others in his class and getting An honor roll the entire year. Aiden loved how some electronics worked and wanted to know how they precede to work and was soon emitted into Samuels educational a magnet high school which favors in technolagy.When he went to high school he was given the nickname of "Einstein's Son."He,In rage,ignored all the bullies trying to tease him.He,started to hack the bullies computers filling them with viruses he came fond of doing it he soon was hired for different jobs.When he became 24 he was on the top of the game best of all the others then came the Overlords he became evil he was assigned to be a hacker in DeathWatch a team better then the average metrocop.He was assigned to project "Phantom" a project that allowed the use of hacking tools on the go VIA mobile device it went through to go from protect and inject newer Overlord used viruses to the regular common ones.He was given the code name phantom due to him using the out come of the project and that he leaves barely a trace on whatever device it was but they he can still be traced by ones who know how to trace effectively.He is on his device about to attempt to sneak into a Resistance fort. But,before that he mainly did things like testing newer firewalls and help other projects become more hackproof,Still he loves to just relax he often then not just sits reading books all day if he can he could befuddle some of the scientists if he wanted to.Alas,the good cheery person who disliked to harm has turned upside down besides being rather cheerful.
Position: Lead Hacker/Spy who hacks into Resistance computers using petty before war viruses to distract them while he gathers plans from them.
Anything else?:So I baked you a pie be lucky I really like my own pies

Thank you Kori for attempting to put up with me!
03/06/2013 6:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Night Visions
Thanks for the warning, and I am going to be avoided. Why does this feel like school? Hmm... and I will tell you 'All I can' will be a mystery. Bye bye!

I never said this thread sucks. Anyways, I need to go.
03/06/2013 6:50 pm
Korigon
You didn't do anything, Night. All you did was do something like "Bubby, your a noob. Abandon thread." then later on something like "Lol whatever Bubby might be accepted? Wow no way. This thread is gonna SUCK!"

But anyway, I'm going to get back to RP'ing.
03/06/2013 6:47 pm
Deth_Glitch
What do you mean 'you did all you can'? as in you tried to piss off a perfectly fine individual? I am happy you are not applying and if you continue like this I will attempt to boycott you from future RP's, this is your only warning.
03/06/2013 6:43 pm
Night Visions
I did all I can, anyways I'm not applying anymore bye!
03/06/2013 6:43 pm
Deth_Glitch
No problem, I do youtube.. Haters are part of my day to day
03/06/2013 6:41 pm
Korigon
Bubby, so I'm going to do something nice. I'll accept you-But on one circumstance-You fix your grammar. I want you to extend the backstory and get the grammar as correct as you can. Its better than your previous attempts, but you have some mistakes, and I don't want my RP to be all messed up. Hell, I'd better not be making a mistake letting you in. Anyway, fix all grammar, extend backstory a bit, ( Tell more about his life and such! ) And I might consider accepting you.

But seriously, I feel like I'm doing the right thing. Don't prove me wrong. I expect you to use grammar in the IC, and to NOT be OP.

(( Night, please cut the hate in this thread. K? Its annoying. You constantly ranting on how Bubby is so bad with his grammar is aggravating at times. And thank you Deth. ))
03/06/2013 6:40 pm
Deth_Glitch
Night Visions
bubbykazName:Aiden "Phantom" Kennedy
Looks like:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Aiden has a child was brillent for his age knowing twice the amount of most others in his class. Aiden loved how some electronoics worked and wanted to know how they procied to work.When he went to high school he was given the nickname of "Einestine's Son."He,In rage,ignored all the bullies trying to tease him.He,started to hack the bullies computers filling them with viruses he came fond of doing it he soon was hired for diffrent jobs.When he became 24 he was on the top of the game best of all the others then came the Overlords he became evil he was assigned to be a hacker in DeathWatch a team better then the average metrocop.He was assigned to project "Phantom" a project that allowed the use of hackingg tools on the go VIA mobile device it went through to go from protect and inject newer Overlord used viruses to the regular common ones.He was given the code name phantom due to him using the out come of the project and that he leaves barely a trace on what ever device it was but they he can still be traced by ones who know how to trace effectively.He is currently on his device about to attempt to sneak into a Resistence fort.
Position: Lead Hacker/Spy whom hacks into Resistence computers using petty before war viruses to destract them while he gathers plans from them.
Anything else?:So I baked you a pie be lucky I really like my own pies.Also,I will spend my time with trying to fix my grammer and will extend backstory if nessicary.

Multiple amounts of retardedness

please PLEASE do not do shitty posts like this, they just spam the forum page, once i was able to deal with but twice has annoyed me. Bubby, I like your char, I can't accept just know your hacking will have next to no effect on Damon
03/06/2013 6:32 pm
bubbykaz
bubbykaz is not amused
03/06/2013 6:39 pm
Night Visions
Bubby:

Night:

03/06/2013 6:28 pm
bubbykaz
Name:Aiden "Phantom" Kennedy
Looks like:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Aiden has a child was brillent for his age knowing twice the amount of most others in his class. Aiden loved how some electronoics worked and wanted to know how they procied to work.When he went to high school he was given the nickname of "Einestine's Son."He,In rage,ignored all the bullies trying to tease him.He,started to hack the bullies computers filling them with viruses he came fond of doing it he soon was hired for diffrent jobs.When he became 24 he was on the top of the game best of all the others then came the Overlords he became evil he was assigned to be a hacker in DeathWatch a team better then the average metrocop.He was assigned to project "Phantom" a project that allowed the use of hackingg tools on the go VIA mobile device it went through to go from protect and inject newer Overlord used viruses to the regular common ones.He was given the code name phantom due to him using the out come of the project and that he leaves barely a trace on what ever device it was but they he can still be traced by ones who know how to trace effectively.He is currently on his device about to attempt to sneak into a Resistence fort.
Position: Lead Hacker/Spy whom hacks into Resistence computers using petty before war viruses to destract them while he gathers plans from them.
Anything else?:So I baked you a pie be lucky I really like my own pies.Also,I will spend my time with trying to fix my grammer and will extend backstory if nessicary.
03/06/2013 6:30 pm
Night Visions
03/06/2013 6:28 pm
Deth_Glitch
I am thinking of leading a small elite team of Rangers... Since Damon appears to be a master tactician from what I can tell
03/06/2013 6:22 pm
Night Visions
Hello
03/06/2013 3:10 pm
tmplumber
I will if I think of it
03/06/2013 3:09 pm
Korigon
Accepted. Backstory is a little short, though. Might want to expand it.
03/06/2013 2:55 pm
tmplumber
Very good I think this will be a side character of mine, and since I created the idea he will be... THE LEADER
Name: Jo Horde
Personality traits: He is very corrupt but of course, he is always fair with judgement.
Backstory: (This must be in detail, for example, Why do you want to join the Death watch?) Jo was always the kid who wanted more, more money, more games/toys:
What he looked like as a boy -->
Click to reveal

Of course when the war with the Resistance and the Overlords came, he joined the overlords, suddenly projects were developed, project pisces and chameleon, of course being the person he is, wanted something more and so began to grow close with the leader of the Overlords, then one day he asked for something, something that cost millions of human lives... a suit that would control others around him, of course this had a battery life and so had its flaws... --> the prototype of his armour
Click to reveal
On the day that his armour was complete it was uploaded with the ability of transportation although a transport would take all the battery from his armour and should only be used in extreme situations, it also had extended battery life, eventually after all of his armour was complete he launched an attack on the resistance base, after this task was completed successfully a new squad for the overlords was created, The Death Watch, and Jo was their leader...
Position: (Assassin, Recon, heavy, etc. ) The Leader
Anything else? It is a well known fact that Jo Horde likes Pie
Looks:
Click to reveal
:
Weapon of choice: he uses two tazer guns, the guns have two settings, stun and fatal...
03/06/2013 12:47 pm
Deth_Glitch
Sounds good!
03/06/2013 11:34 am
Korigon
Plumber, I'm adding on to what you did. This will be the full app.
Name:
Personality traits:
Backstory: (This must be in detail, for example, Why do you want to join the Death watch?)
Position: (Assassin, Recon, heavy, etc. )
Anything else?

Its kinda small. Basically what I'll do is have the death watch be elite overlords. Instead of usual soldiers. If you want to be soldier/metrocop, its overlord app. If you want to be something like Chameleon, Or like Project Pisces, your death watch. K?
03/06/2013 10:45 am
tmplumber
What do you think of the idea though?
03/06/2013 10:41 am
tmplumber
Kori why not add this as a kind of assassins for hire thing...
Name:
Personality traits:
Backstory: (This must be in detail, for example, Why do you want to join the Plague?)
Position: (Hacker, Assassin, Sleeper-Agent, etc!)
Armour Ability:
Do you have any experience in previous Rps:
Anything else?
03/06/2013 10:44 am
Night Visions
The two above Anything are useless.
03/05/2013 2:43 pm
Deth_Glitch
Danka! I got a shirt.. from my sis... says 'Deth_Glitch' on the back... I was acctually FORCED to open it early 0.0
03/05/2013 2:26 pm
Korigon
Have a happy birthday!

03/05/2013 1:49 pm
Deth_Glitch
Server Crap??? TELL ME MORE!
Also Please note I may not be on tomorrow... Its my Birthday
03/05/2013 10:06 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
SilverDawn
I let him go.
Chameleon always has a plan.
Either that, or I need to leave for 'bout couple of hours/days. Server crap.
03/05/2013 8:18 am
Korigon
I'm have to agree. I want to say a few things first though, but not to you, Thunder. I respect that you don't want to apply

So first off, Plumber, I want to ask you to stop doing one-liners. They usually don't generate any good RP, unless when your talking to someone. But anyway, I've noticed that you have repeatedly just used one-liners. I think your a better roleplayer than this. Show me that you are.

Second-Of-All, I noticed I made a mistake. When Plumber got injured I auto assumed the battle was somehow over, and talked about the after-math. This was horrible on my account, since it completely destroyed all RP of the battle. My bad, I won't do it again.

Third of all, and final point, I would like people to say if they have to go. See, when the battle started, North, Plumber, Deth, and I were online. Silver got on later, and so did Rabiez. But RIGHT when the battle started, Plumber and North log off. And I didn't want to exclude them. But I was confused on what to do! I didn't want to RP the battle without them, but I didn't want to not do anything. Anyway, I picked the latter choice, but this is what I want to say. Don't be impatient and try to RP with yourself. I don't care how long the RP is going to take, but I want it to be good. For example, if North and Plumber left-Just wait! Deth and Silver can continue their fight and I'm perfectly fine with waiting! Don't randomly just do something like your character got knocked out-And if you do, though, have the fight still going!

Anyway, that's all I needed to say. Sorry for my bad grammar.
03/05/2013 2:18 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/04/2013 10:41 am
Korigon
Haha yeah. Bad habit I picked up...Anyway, early twenties would be perfectly fine. But you already know that. <_<
03/04/2013 10:30 am
Night Visions
Kori, this isn't Twitter. And I read the rules I was thinking of a early twenties.
03/04/2013 6:30 am
Korigon
Indeed. After watching someone play all of halflife, I got pretty inspired by it.

@Night, Its up to you. I'm not going to say some sappy words to get you to apply, but just in case you even think about it, your character(S) can't be a kid running around with a gun. Like I said previously, I would like to keep ages semi-realistic.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome