Do you like this?

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs14/6/18 9:03 am
3 emeralds 179 2
4/6/2018 12:46 pm
dracuella's Avatar dracuella
Hello everyone!
So I just finished up my first tutorial. Me and Thomas-Disc put quite a lot of effort into it, so please tell us if there's something we did good, if there's something we did bad, and if there's anything we can do better for the next tutorial we'll be making! :)

https://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-rename-items-the-easy-way-1-12/

Please tell us in the comments!
Thanks

-Mercy_
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2018 12:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
dracuella
Good work you guys, that's a pretty solid tutorial. Easy to follow, easy language, no complex steps that might confuse the reader. A little feedback:

-= Playing in another language =-
If you're new to the .minecraft structure or inexperienced at editing the .lang files, it's not easy to understand what you have to do if you play the game in another language. For this reason, I think it would be better that the part at the bottom, the 'EXTRA - more languages to change!' is at the top right around "the Right-click the 'en_us.lang' file, and click on 'Edit with Notepad++'" with a few lines of text along the lines of:

"In order to rename items in the language you play in (if you're not playing in English), you have to find the .lang file that fits your language, (for instance if you play minecraft in German, the file is de_DE.lang) and copy it into Thomas-Disc 1.12/Default/assets/minecraft/lang".

Right now, if a newbie playing minecraft in German follows the directions, they'll either: a) end up changing the language to English (which they probably don't want to) or b) not see the new names of the renamed items (if they don't change the language to English, because that's not what they want). With a few lines of explanation, I think you could make this fit every language easily.

-= Shortcut keys =-
This is just a pet peeve of mine, but I think people should know about shortcut keys rather than always click with the mouse - especially if it's CTRL+f which is pretty standard for finding stuff or CTRL+s for saving. Just a suggestion, please disregard if you feel it's superfluous :)

Other than that, I think this is pretty good. Good job :)
04/06/2018 9:52 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Modder
Luukn123
Its good!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome