Telltale games goes bankrupt (Minecraft Story Mode)

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser9/24/18 3:54 am
5 emeralds 1.4k 5
9/28/2018 8:27 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
Hi gang,

I heard the rumor while playing Minecraft and today I dug a little deeper into the story and found confirmation on Twitter:

telltale_twitter
Click here to see the announcement on Twitter for yourself.

It's a shame to see them go but on the other hand I also can't say I'm surprised to read this news either. I recently picked up Minecraft Story Mode part 1 on the PS3 (it was free) to confirm some of my suspicions and well... Although I do think it was a fun story it also didn't motivate me to pick up the rest of the series, for the simple reason that the game has 0 replay value. You go through the story, pass a few quicktime events and an optional puzzle and that's it. None of your choices will have any meaning because they won't change the outcome of the game, they're only used in some statistical overview at the end. Heck, your choices don't even influence the story in the least, making the whole experience pretty much a "one time play" only for me.

Of course it also didn't work in their favor that I couldn't help but notice how they managed to mix up dispensers with droppers. Droppers have a "smiley face" whereas dispensers have a round opening. So if you're going to use my favorite gaming environment then please do make sure to get your facts straightened out ;)

Still, one way or the other it's a shame to see how this ended. Because some of their other games have been pretty outstanding (or so I've been told}.

But yeah, if you enjoyed Minecraft story mode then unfortunately you won't be seeing any more episodes coming out.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer