Building Help

GizmoTheSloth's Avatar GizmoTheSloth4/5/19 12:19 am
4/6/2019 2:48 am
GizmoTheSloth's Avatar GizmoTheSloth
Can someone please help me learn how to build better? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :)
My discord is GizmoTheSenpai#2431
GizmoTheSloth
Level 38 : Artisan Sus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

thedutchlord
04/05/2019 11:13 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Take a look at a real life building that you like and try to recreate it, that way you improve your building experience quick and easy.
Stubbs1
04/05/2019 7:06 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
I can recommend two servers.
GreenLeaf Creative where they have an actual "Learner" rank that basiclly gives you access to a lot of commands and a priority to be taught how to build by a Build Judge.

There's also Aliquam Creative where I'm sure you can find some great builders who can teach you how to build :D
GizmoTheSloth
04/06/2019 2:47 am
I'm going to check both of these servers out. Thanks for the recommendation!
MrManiac3
04/05/2019 1:01 am
Level 30 : Artisan Sailor
Good building is pretty subjective. There's detail heavy styles like Grian's, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR9Gcq0CMm6YgTzsDxAxjOQ/ There's also the more engineered and visually angular builds of andyisyoda, https://www.youtube.com/user/andyisyoda I think these builders are both very good.

I would recommend just building something in a flat world. Try to take what you are interested in and integrate it into your build, somewhat. I'm interested in early 20th century American buildings, Medieval European buildings, and also traditional and mid to late 20th century Japanese buildings. I've been building mostly western styles, but I'm starting to have fun with Japanese.

Maybe check out my profile, there might be something you're interested in. Admittedly, my library of creations isn't numerous on PMC, but I've been building for a few years. There's also some people I'm subscribed to that do some really cool things. It took a bit of digging to find them haha.

There's many options you can take, and I would recommend looking at everything. Building on your own, getting inspiration from the real world, watching building tutorials, looking at screenshots of projects others have made, downloading some worlds, do everything. Don't let it overwhelm you, but have fun with what you're interested in.
GizmoTheSloth
04/06/2019 2:48 am
Thanks a bunch! I will try working around in a flat world with whatever comes to mind. I'm gonna check out your creations now too!
But don't worry, I won't get overwhelmed. I really have been wanting to learn how to build more
MrManiac3
04/05/2019 1:11 am
Ooh, also, experimenting is good. I see you did things such as chunk challenge, that is good for experimenting. Try new things!
MrManiac3
04/05/2019 1:02 am
My Discord is also on my profile :p
Kwanatla
04/05/2019 12:25 am
Level 35 : Artisan Archer
I don't have discord, but I can recommend some building servers. Just browse, there are quite a few.
GizmoTheSloth
04/05/2019 12:27 am
I've been looking for some. Any recommended servers?
Kwanatla
04/05/2019 3:13 am
Level 35 : Artisan Archer
You might want to try Athion.net (you can find it in pmc) but I usually play Singleplayer Creative, so I don't really know...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome