ElectricLlamaz's Avatar ElectricLlamaz10/24/13 4:47 pm history
1 emeralds 1.2k 33
11/2/2013 2:06 pm
ElectricLlamaz's Avatar ElectricLlamaz
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
ElectricLlamaz
Level 39 : Artisan Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ChuckNorrised
10/27/2013 4:08 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ranger
Go to;
Start >
Control Panel >
Display >
Change Display Settings >
Advanced Settings >
Troubleshoot >
Change Settings >
(Now switch it to the 2nd interval from the left. ----o----X----o----o----o----o----)
Leeberator
10/27/2013 3:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
aman207
Hawkstormer
There's a difference between running and running smoothly. He was asking for good laptops under $300.

Here I just found a local ad on kijiji that is $150
It has a intel core i3 2.2GhZ, 8GB of ram, and has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M graphics card in it. This will run perfectly fine on normal render

http://i.imgur.com/iHC3nJ7.png

If you look, you can find one.

I would not suggest getting this. I ran a search on that laptop and almost every result was a site selling replacement parts for it, namely the screen and keyboard.
TheOfficialNano
10/27/2013 3:53 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
yay private stuff!
aman207
10/27/2013 3:53 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
Hawkstormer
There's a difference between running and running smoothly. He was asking for good laptops under $300.

Here I just found a local ad on kijiji that is $150
It has a intel core i3 2.2GhZ, 8GB of ram, and has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M graphics card in it. This will run perfectly fine on normal render

http://i.imgur.com/iHC3nJ7.png

If you look, you can find one.
Leeberator
10/27/2013 3:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
The Dell Inspiron N5010 was $450 when I got it on clearance at Wal Mart:

6 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel i5-480M (dual-core, 4-thread 2.67 GHz, up to 2.93 GHz)
Intel integrated graphics <-- only real problem with it
640 GB hard drive
15.6", 720p screen
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Runs Minecraft fairly, and kicks butt in games like TF2 and Star Wars Battlefront II.
janidorr
10/27/2013 3:41 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
aman207
Hawkstormer
ElectricLlamazPlease leave a list of good laptops..... (PREFERABLY UNDER $300 DOLLARS)

Not... possible.

You can find many 2nd hand laptops that are capable of running Minecraft and that are under $300

aman207
10/27/2013 3:28 pm
Hawkstormer
ElectricLlamazPlease leave a list of good laptops..... (PREFERABLY UNDER $300 DOLLARS)

Not... possible.

You can find many 2nd hand laptops that are capable of running Minecraft and that are under $300
janidorr
10/27/2013 3:23 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist

Not... possible.
Phoboz
10/27/2013 3:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Do you have Windows 8?
Because that version of Windows is known to have problems with minecraft some of them though had that error on my old pc Running Windows 8
ElectricLlamaz
10/27/2013 3:13 pm
"first off i am sorry to say that, that laptop wont be able to handle much more then word processing, runescape, and simple and i mean simple games."

Um..... I got a laptop to run Skyrim PRETTY smoothly once.... but thanks for the shops and specs.
kosmo365
10/24/2013 8:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
first off i am sorry to say that, that laptop wont be able to handle much more then word processing, runescape, and simple and i mean simple games.

-----yes i know this is a lot to read but please read the whole thing-----

(this is a information spec and where to shop at the end of the list.)

reasons:

windows requires a total of 4 gigs of ram to run even in 32 bit operating system, (3.4 gigs useable in 32 bit)

in 64 bit windows you unlock the motherboard to its max amount of ram what ever its max is.

the graphics card is low and i do mean low end onboard motherboard graphics processor unit (gpu for short)

look into the specifications or specs of the laptop in question to see if you can upgrade it.

if at all, hoping that you can take it back or send it back to get a refund i would suggest it.

all future endeavors to buy any technology cellphones, laptops, desktops you name it read and shop for about 2-3 months and ask around in technology places to see what is lasting longer. (educate yourself in what your buying, find out what you really want to do with the technology, the amount of ram, graphics card, hard drive, dvd/blueray drive, you name it) just because it has all the bells an whistles for the shiny and "oooo lights under the keyboard, beats audio" doesn't mean its really worth the price.

check forums for honest responses negative an positive, and weigh your options and learn what is really happening in the technology you are trying to buy.

where to buy a good laptop depends on your location and budget.

simple places to find a great bargain:

1- pawn shops
2- walmart (returns and open box or display modles)
3- newegg.com (returns, open box)
4- black Friday, holidays, tax exempt school times

keep in mind that last months deals are not gonna be around this month but they will always have better offers to empty your wallet the following months. technology is always getting cheaper and simpler to make, making the laptops of 2yrs ago outdated.

in order from the list to find a bargain and reasons:

the reason "pawn shops" is number 1 on this list is because of the economy, and second handed nature of the sales, you can always haggle on the price and you can inspect the technology you are buying. ask about the return policy and see how long the time is before you cant return it for a refund.

walmart being second is because i have had spotty luck with finding a display model or priced down model even open box.

third being newegg because i have bought only parts and upgrade peaces for my main desktops. they do have great open box and factory referbrished laptops for great prices.

and fourth being the time of the year, reason for this is because it affects all places trying to make room for new inventory, and always seeing what they can sell at what prices to test the market and overall sales point.

find what your looking for and see if its really what you need and not just what you want. shop and learn before you buy.
-Kali-
10/24/2013 7:50 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
WHY WINDOWS XP?!?!?!? GET WINDOWS 7
Reacted And Crafted
10/24/2013 7:54 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
I like Win8 better, but thats just me.
ElectricLlamaz
10/27/2013 3:11 pm
Windows 8 doesn't run minecraft very well.... at least on my sisters laptop....
-Kali-
10/24/2013 7:56 pm
How about we not start a flame-war
ElectricLlamaz
11/02/2013 2:06 pm
Yes please.... also this laptop had Windows 7 Ultimate. I shipped it back to the original owner a couple days ago though.
Reacted And Crafted
10/24/2013 7:58 pm
I wasn't trying to.
I was just putting in my 2¢.
aman207
10/24/2013 7:52 pm
For a low end computer this isn't always possible.
Reacted And Crafted
10/24/2013 7:48 pm
did anyone notice that he has less than 1GB of ram witch is what Minecraft uses by default?
aman207
10/24/2013 7:51 pm
Yup.
That could be apart of your problem.
Killerbob89
10/24/2013 7:28 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Anything with an Intel graphics card isn't gonna be a "powerhouse" and you're not gonna get a good laptop under 300 dollars...You can build a desktop that will run games very well for around 400-500 dollars.
ElectricLlamaz
10/25/2013 7:53 am
Well, I mean, all I want to run is TF2, Google Chrome and Minecraft, then that is pretty much it.... because THIS crappy laptop I bought only has 1 GB on it......
ElectricLlamaz
10/24/2013 5:44 pm
Also guess what? THIS IS THE SECOND CRAPPIN TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED AND I AM FED UP WITH IT. I just can't stand these CRAPPY WINDOWS XP SUCKY LAPTOPS!
Please leave a list of good laptops..... (PREFERABLY UNDER $300 DOLLARS)
Province
10/24/2013 7:41 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Miner
Good luck finding a laptop that runs Minecraft above 15fps w/ Optifine and everything on low for under $300.
Try Linux. Linux Mint or Ubuntu are good for starters, but you may want to look into something else if you're looking for the fastest system. Windows XP will soon be no longer supported, and a laptop under $300 won't run Windows 7/8 very fast.
aboveordinary
10/24/2013 5:14 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
Did you try turning it off and then turning it back on? (believe me, I'm in a couple computer classes right now and if this doesn't solve it, I can't be of further use)
-Kali-
10/24/2013 5:13 pm
Sorry man, you need to buy a new graphics card :/
ElectricLlamaz
10/24/2013 5:19 pm
Here is the problem.... I spent all of my crappin money ON the laptop D:
Karrfis
10/24/2013 5:39 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
you have learnt your lesson...build your own desktop--you cannot replace parts of a laptop..
ElectricLlamaz
10/24/2013 5:41 pm
I want a laptop, because I want a portable powerhouse, but I DEFIANTLY DO NOT have enough money for anything other than a used crap-top off ebay
the_soup
10/24/2013 5:00 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
Morpheus1101
10/24/2013 4:56 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Network
1st thing i would do would be to run Windows update if you havent all ready done so, if that dosent update everything and get MC working, then goto the manufacturers page and download and install the latest drivers
Karrfis
10/24/2013 4:56 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
its simple..update your graphics driver
ElectricLlamaz
10/24/2013 4:58 pm
That is the point of this! I don't know HOW!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome