1

I cant control playing minecraft please please help

thorin234 •11/7/12 11:17 pm
•
1.2k
•
11/13/2012 1:08 am
alright. before i started playing minecraft, i was a kind good listening bookworm. now, after getting minecraft, i am a lazy stupid idiot. all i ever do in my freetime is play minecraft. when my parents tell me to get off i say "one minute!" and it turns into ten, the 20, the 30....
this game has ruined my life. i cant stop playing it. how do i stop??? PLEASE PLEASE HELP. my cousins are coming up for christmas. what are they gonna think of me? my parents,theyre furious with me. my grades have gone down, my reading level has gone down...
help me. i want to be a great kid, but still play this game.
HELP ME.
Posted by
thorin234
Level 47 : Master Necromancer
90

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

87

xmx1024
• 11/07/2012 11:21 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Same problem, but its normal. Just don't let it take over.
Especially when you have your own server
1
Quellv
• 11/07/2012 11:25 pm
• Level 3 : Apprentice Scribe
here is what i did: right click minecraft, Select Move to Recycle bin.
Then go to the recycle bin, and click "clear bin"

POOF! its gone. now; the hard part.

don't reinstall it.
1
tex12347
• 11/08/2012 7:54 am
• Level 37 : Artisan Grump
I thought this was what you were going to say "First move to bin and then press bin and then press play minecraft"
1
skyborina
• 11/07/2012 11:27 pm
• Level 1 : New Crafter
I'd say to get into a good book series. I play minecraft for thirty minutes then I read my book for like two hours. If you come into a good balance of minecraft and school you can definitely improve.
1
NewSuperMario
• 11/08/2012 8:37 am
• Level 26 : Expert Dragonborn
If you like adventures, try this book; Eragon
1
-deletedX-
• 11/08/2012 2:22 pm
• Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
As much as I agree with you (I love the Inheritance Cycle), I would actually recommend either the Mistborn series or The Wheel of Time over Eragon. Both are excellent reads and almost guaranteed to suck you in if you like adventure.
1
13sparx13
• 11/09/2012 7:04 am
• Level 26 : Expert Mage
By good reads he means one was written by a teenager (Eragon) and one was so long that the author died writing them, and it will soon be finished, in December I think (Wheel of TIme).
They're both amazing though.
Amazing very much.
Very much.
It feels like I'm spamming now.
Spamming.
Now.

@Mr_Pwnz0r
WoT has more than 1000 pages in the later 3/4 of the series.
1
716382862
• 11/07/2012 11:50 pm
• Level 10 : Journeyman Creeper
Hmm ask your parents to take your keyboard and mouse and hide it and not give it back for a month. Meanwhile try to engage in some new activities (read books, hang with friends, etc.) then after the month is over retrieve
Your keyboard and prove yourself that you can mix minecraft and school and LIFE together. This helped me face the same situation as you. Stay strong and try out some of these fabulous ideas me and these other nice people have given you.
1
l_Pro_Assassin
• 11/07/2012 11:50 pm
• Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
Well, to be honest, I think you are overreacting, but if you really are serious, delete Minecraft, and block the Minecraft.net on your firewall. That way, you can't play it, and you can't re-install it. It just takes some willpower, it is like going on a diet when all you used to eat was chocolate and chips, it is hard. Find something else to keep you amused, like skyborina said, get into a good book series or you can go hang out with some freinds.
1
Mr_Pwnz0r
• 11/08/2012 4:13 pm
• Level 34 : Artisan Pirate
Hello fellow Squid ..but I agree with others about getting into a good book series. Read a long saga, like Lord of the Rings, or Legend of Drizzt. Said novels are great. [Legend of Drizzt has 9 books, and each are about 400pg, they'll keep you buissy]
1
derpinater
• 11/07/2012 11:53 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
well here is what worked for me, I played it for 3 weeks straight, I got so sick of it I didnt play it again for 3 months (instead i wacthed Zero no Tsukaima the whole 3 months and since the entire series is only around 50 episodes I rewatched it alot)
1
Doggle
• 11/07/2012 11:56 pm
• Level 47 : Master Lad
Minecraft was my first proper pc game and now I am a heavy gamer. Ever since I started playing pc games I have been able to think a lot clearer, and have goals. For example I want to get my homework and assignments done, if I haven't completed all my homework it needs to be done before I can play. Also I feel a lot less stressed. Try changing this addiction into a reward for doing something which you should be doing such as reading, homework or assignments. As for books try finding some good authors which have a good writing style which you connect with and then find books with interesting stories, like right now I am reading a book called The Hunt, it is sort of like the hunger games and the author has a way of writing I connect with and I like this story a bit more than the Hunger Games as it has more suspense and danger.
1
Qazcraft
• 11/08/2012 12:06 am
• Level 26 : Expert Artist
I sort of have the same problem, I lie about my homework so I can play Minecraft. Recently, my parents found out I have 7 missing assignments and that I got a C- in Language Arts. However, I am very smart, and I get straight A's on my Geometry tests. I'm in sixth grade. I know I can do this, since I had the same problem in fifth grade and managed to turn myself around halfway through the year. You can do it, too. Try only playing an hour and a half tomorrow, 1:15 the next day, an hour the next, 45 minutes, until you reach your desired amount. Find yourself a hobby, like I found spelling and spelling bees. Give yourself a busy schedule so you don't have time. Also, let your parents know what's happening. They can help.
1
Soda
• 11/08/2012 12:10 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
School does always come first.
1
HatsyaSouji
• 11/08/2012 12:11 am
• Level 46 : Master Lad
Well, as for me, being a NEET (though already applied for a job, waiting for the boss's final call), I do household chores before and after fiddling with this computer. I have another life besides Minecraft, and that's me being a budding indie artist.

Though one day, I'd like to make my own game someday...

What I do to divert my life: Do household chores, keep drawing, watch anime, watch soap operas after dinner, and here... PMC churning skins.
1
IDontLikeBacon
• 11/08/2012 12:18 am
• Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Wellllllllllllllllll this is what I do:
1. Eat a banna
2. Tie yourself to a book
3. READ THE DARN BOOK
4. Try not to think about the cute sheep in minecraft
1
Altern Vyre
• 11/08/2012 12:34 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
Might I reccomend World War Z by Max Brooks? Absolutley fantastic novel.
1
-deletedX-
• 11/08/2012 12:43 am
• Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
Another solution that you might try is having your parents change your password on your computer. (yikes). While not my favorite solution, this one is almost guaranteed to work.
1
thorin234
• 11/08/2012 7:52 am
• Level 47 : Master Necromancer
thank you all sooo much!
1
Fokkusu
• 11/08/2012 8:02 am
• Level 44 : Master Fox
Do something else and learn self control.
I only use Minecraft to turn my laptop into a heater on the colder days.
1
Phrozenbit
• 11/08/2012 8:09 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
It's funny, because it's true.
1
Nox Aeterna
• 11/08/2012 8:25 am
• Level 38 : Artisan Blob
No, that's what soup's laptop does :c
1
Raddekio
• 11/08/2012 8:13 am
• Level 64 : High Grandmaster Meme
Well I have a similar problem; I couldn't stop either.
What i did, is for the whole summer my family lived in a camper in the woods while building a house. Because it was a camper and my dad was cheap, He didn't get satellite internet. Instead, He got the cheapest data plan available. And that meant no youtube, Minecraft servers, etc. because they took up too much bandwidth. So for the first couple of days I was so depressed and angry because I couldnt see my friends and build with them. But after awhile, I was growing more and more on going outside and riding my bike, etc. And the more that we were away from the world, The more I realized how great being outdoors is and what you can do that you cant experience online. So my advice would be to spend little time as you can on the computer, and go outside. Read a book, build a tree house. You can build outside alike minecraft, but much more detailed and fun. Its a place you can't just delete. Because minecraft doesn't really get you anywhere, I think minecraft is like weight. People who are addicted are really obese but you can loose it easy. I only play it for about an hour then I head out, or if its raining build with lego/Fiddle with wood and nails. Just find another intrest outdoors and slowly crawl away from the computer. Because really, your not achieving anything by sitting infront of it. I use to play minecraft all day like you, Sometimes i skipped lunch or homework for it. You just need to seperate yourself from social media/video games and do something new.
1
Phrozenbit
• 11/08/2012 8:19 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
The above is pretty helpful.

I'm a programmer myself, and that's what keeps me away from minecraft, and also PMC to some degree at the moment.
1
YumikoLim_123
• 11/08/2012 8:33 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
Wow....... X) i did it the other way around, first I sudied hard and play outdoors! Then when I met minecraft, everything changed, me sitting like a stupid Girl ,giving fake excuses to my neighbours so that I can play minecraft and not play outside, etc.
1
thorin234
• 11/08/2012 8:38 am
• Level 47 : Master Necromancer
LOL my dad JUST sold our trailer. literally like in august!!
1
Guterkamerad
• 11/08/2012 8:14 am
• Level 21 : Expert Architect
How about you get a girlfriend?...
1
Raddekio
• 11/08/2012 8:15 am
• Level 64 : High Grandmaster Meme
Also, Conspiracy 365 Is an excellent book series so I recommend you read those.
1
YumikoLim_123
• 11/08/2012 8:29 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
Same! If I never play minecraft for a day, I'll DIE! (just expression)
I tried to study, but failed. I'll try to study hard next year (Std 5) Im also really surprised for what happened to me! Xoo
1
RM_Epic
• 11/08/2012 8:50 am
• Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
I find it very hard to do something outdoors thanks to Mojang.
1
Xialas
• 11/08/2012 9:02 am
• Level 32 : Artisan Architect
Just delete it and forget about it. Do your usual stuff before minecraft, read a book, relax!
1
flakeybrans2000
• 11/08/2012 9:15 am
• Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
you guys are pathetic

if you really cant stop after all this?
play minecraft with friends ask them to throw pc out window
1
+Sheena+
• 11/08/2012 9:21 am
• Level 40 : Master Mage
flakeybrans2000:evil: you guys are pathetic

if you really cant stop after all this?
play minecraft with friends ask them to throw pc out window

You are not helping.............at all.
1
Carlosbb98
• 11/08/2012 9:36 am
• Level 20 : Expert Dragon
Bump
1
Carlosbb98
• 11/08/2012 9:36 am
• Level 20 : Expert Dragon
quite interested in this topic...
1
-Rusty-
• 11/08/2012 2:29 pm
• Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
instead of playing minecraft all the time *used to be me*

Devise a schedule when you will play minecraft, and how long each time *for example 4-6 times a day for 1-2 hours* *im homeschooled so minecraft is ma like*

Next DICISPLINE YURSELF!

after that, do something related to minecraft, but not on the computor.
for example, instead draw pictures of minecraft later to post them on PMC
write a book about minecraft,
keep all your known crafting recipes in a book,
heck, spend your day planning what your gonna build in minecraft! (write, draw)

thats wut I say, good luck with your addiction... sSsSsS
1
MarioNintendo411
• 11/08/2012 2:36 pm
• Level 44 : Master Taco
Get a chart, write chores on it, make the minutes less than 30. Every time you do one of those chores, that will be the time you play on minecraft. This helped me with my video game addicts at my dad`s.
1
Saxxy
• 11/08/2012 3:18 pm
• Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Solution: Get bored of it or have your parents take your computer away. If you are really serious about it, the solution is to take your parents and ask them to change the firewall settings to block all minecraft ever again. Use a timer, etc etc. I never go to that stage because I get bored easily(ADD)
1
vinyl-ripp
• 11/08/2012 3:30 pm
• Level 45 : Master Princess
It's simple. Un-install the game.
1
janidorr
• 11/08/2012 3:31 pm
• Level 48 : Master Artist
Set a timer to let's say two hours. When it goes off, you should be conscious that you've played two hours or whatever your time is and get off, do something else and then come back.

Another suggestion is to sign up for a sports team. It will make sure you practice and will take your mind of Minecraft. Also, sports are fun!
1
RobinOlsen2011
• 11/08/2012 3:34 pm
• Level 38 : Artisan System
Crush your computer, so you can't play Minecraft.
1
Gorillaz_101
• 11/08/2012 3:36 pm
• Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Install a virus in your computer or just hit yourself with a baseball bat and hope to don't remember anything.
1
LordNik
• 11/08/2012 3:48 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
You know, sometimes i get bored and im like: "I should be like the olde me, playing with my friends outside untill 10 PM and listet dubstep and heavy metal all the day" . But then i remember that my friends are on the internet, waiting for me to do shtuff.
Me and my friends were the awesome rebel dudes, but then something happened and we are the dudes that rarely come out and do normal stuff. But we are still awesome we allways were awesome and we will allways be. And not just Minecraft made us addicted to PC,first was WoW, then Combat Arms and Battlefield, now Minecraft and Elder Scrolls Online will be next. When we were "normal" they knew us as awesome dudes, now they know us like pro gamers and with school got worst too, but i learned to controll myself and now im the smartest dude again.
The internet is like a drug -_-
1
vinyl-ripp
• 11/08/2012 3:53 pm
• Level 45 : Master Princess
Click to reveal
1
Carlosbb98
• 11/09/2012 6:44 am
• Level 20 : Expert Dragon
Bump post, quite interested in this
1
Viz Xatir
• 11/09/2012 7:12 am
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Artist
Lol a simple fix would be to use Minecraft as a reward for your doing homework, or reading, ect., .
1
Phrozenbit
• 11/09/2012 12:07 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Yes, could also work. I'd support that
1
LickTheLizard
• 11/09/2012 6:51 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
This. You want to feel as if Minecraft is a sweet reward and soon you will feel the urge not to over indulge.
1
Liftup
• 11/09/2012 8:34 am
• Level 26 : Expert Nerd
I was hooked on minecraft until I found a simple way to fix it. All you have to do is don't touch you computer for three days then do some reading also you can do something else then play minecraft and that is make a file, fill it will stuff then put minecraft in it and make sure minecraft is the last you put in. Worked for me.
1
goneeeeeeee
• 11/09/2012 12:13 pm
• Level 8 : Apprentice Goblin
Ok, this has happened to me, step one, Eat a healthy snack. Step two, do your homework and study. Step three, Read. And step four, Now you can play.


PRIORITIZE
1

Welcome