Custom structure generation

Baroque Obama's Avatar Baroque Obama12/15/20 3:51 am
12/18/2020 1:59 am
Baroque Obama's Avatar Baroque Obama
I've successfully created a data pack that adds a custom dimension with a fixed custom biome, and a working portal.

There is also a custom structure that generates in the biome. I've been able to make the custom structure generate naturally within the biome within the dimension, but I haven't been able to figure out a couple of things:

1) The structure generates far too rarely - I'd like to see it appear more frequently
2) The structure should generate with a negative y-offset, sunken into the ground by a few blocks, rather than being entirely above-ground

How can I control these two options? No matter how much online searching and YouTube watching I've done, I still can't figure these out.

Also, if anyone knows how to include a custom portal that doesn't involve using a resource pack or a second data pack at all, I'd love to hear from you!
Baroque Obama
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/17/2020 5:42 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
12/17/2020 10:45 am
Baroque Obama
Yes, it's in an nbt file created by a structure block just like you said. I was referring to the cog structure in my then-unreleased Aes: Metal Dimension pack. The portals are made from iron & lava.

It seems that some of what I'm trying to figure out is likely in custom noise settings. Try as I might, I've been unable to get Minecraft to recognize Aes' existence when it has custom noise settings; other dimensions work fine with custom noise, and I'm assuming that the tf_portals inclusion interferes somehow.
12/17/2020 1:53 pm
12/17/2020 4:33 pm
Baroque Obama
Not at all, I appreciate any help I can get. I don't quite understand all of it, but I'm willing to take a crack at it.

That being said, the goal is to have the cog structure naturally generate with chunks as one explores the dimension. This is exactly what already happens, but they spawn too high in the y. If I understand right, it sounds like your solution may change that - I don't want players to need to use commands to make cogs generate, and I don't want there to be structure or redstone blocks that also spawn with the cog; perhaps my lack of knowledge is causing me to miss something!

I'm not asking for a tutorial haha, but to clarify, would your proposed solution result in what I'm going for?
12/18/2020 1:44 am
12/18/2020 1:59 am
Baroque Obama
I really appreciate that! I'd never ask someone to invest that kind of time, so it means a lot.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome