Reporting Anonymously

blank3times's Avatar blank3times11/28/23 4:49 pm
3 emeralds 148 8
11/30/2023 7:27 pm
Drzzter's Avatar Drzzter
When you report a post/project on PMC, does the site share your username with the person/creator you reported? Thank you in advance for your response.
blank3times
Level 51 : Grandmaster Botanist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/30/2023 2:45 pmhistory
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
No.

Staff can see who reported, but we pretty much never reveal who reported the project, or usually even that the project was reported. All reports and their contents stay between you and staff.

We attach our own professional reason to the removal of the post.
11/30/2023 2:53 pm
blank3times
Thank you for clarifying!
11/29/2023 5:18 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
DinoWattz
From what I call tell it does not share your username with them, they'll only know their content has been disabled/deleted and maybe the reason for it.
I say "maybe" because a forum thread I made has been turned into dust without any notice, I can only guess the reason is that it was probably off-topic.
anyway, I hope this helps
11/30/2023 4:32 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Like Silabear said, the name of the person who reported the content is not shared with the person whose content has been reported. The reported user will receive a system notification from the staff member who removed/disabled their content explaining why the content was removed/disabled, but this message will not be associated with the reporting user in any way, shape, or form

As for your mysteriously-deleted forums thread -- there has been an old, persistent bug that causes notifications to occasionally not send correctly. If an action is ever taken against your account and you're not told why, you usually chalk it up to that bug having stopped the message from going out. You can PM a staff member if this happens and they can explain why the content was removed.

With that said, I don't see any deleted forums threads associated with your account. Did you post the forums thread on an alternate account?
11/30/2023 7:11 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
DinoWattz
Thanks for clarifying!

So, about the forums thread, I discovered it disappeared from my profile but only with this account, it doesn't happen if I'm logged out.
It looks like this when I check my forums threads while in this account:

I remember being able to see it but it doesn't show up anymore for some reason, this is why I thought it was deleted.
11/30/2023 7:27 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Weird. I see the thread you're referring to but there's no reason it shouldn't show for you as well. It's been auto-locked due to inactivity since it's 4 months+ old with no replies, but that shouldn't hamper visibility. Not sure there's a way for me to restore its visibility for you, but you could file a bug report ticket or I can retrieve any info you might need from it if needed. No biggie either way, but if you want to look into it more or have questions you can shoot me a DM/write up that ticket. I don't want to derail this thread too much more. :]
11/30/2023 6:05 pm
blank3times
Thank you for further clarification!
11/30/2023 2:53 pm
blank3times
Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com