The minecraft community...

Stormtrooper1002's Avatar Stormtrooper100210/31/16 7:33 pm
1 emeralds 1.8k 46
11/7/2016 10:53 pm
JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa
Is generally terrible. I am really fed up with all these Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds. Mojang really has to do something about it. thankfully, im not seeing as many anymore. so maybe its starting to die down a notch. no pun intended. but its still a problem, its giving minecraft a bad name. and at least most of them should be dealt with somehow. like maybe mojang makes a new rule for the servers where its required to put something like a monetizer, where if you are caught acting like one of those Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds, then you are banned.

also, if you were offended by what i said about 8-11 year olds because you are in that age range. please note, i am ONLY referring to the immature ones. not the mature 8-11 year olds that are not a problem what so ever.
Stormtrooper1002
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/07/2016 10:53 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
FakeSilk
Mercury45Is generally terrible. I am really fed up with all these Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds. Mojang really has to do something about it. thankfully, im not seeing as many anymore. so maybe its starting to die down a notch. no pun intended. but its still a problem, its giving minecraft a bad name. and at least most of them should be dealt with somehow. like maybe mojang makes a new rule for the servers where its required to put something like a monetizer, where if you are caught acting like one of those Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds, then you are banned.

also, if you were offended by what i said about 8-11 year olds because you are in that age range. please note, i am ONLY referring to the immature ones. not the mature 8-11 year olds that are not a problem what so ever.

I LOVE how you have to say 8-11 year olds or else you will include your own age..

Stop trying to fan flames where there are only ashes. There are better uses of your time.
11/07/2016 10:38 pm
FakeSilk
Mercury45Is generally terrible. I am really fed up with all these Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds. Mojang really has to do something about it. thankfully, im not seeing as many anymore. so maybe its starting to die down a notch. no pun intended. but its still a problem, its giving minecraft a bad name. and at least most of them should be dealt with somehow. like maybe mojang makes a new rule for the servers where its required to put something like a monetizer, where if you are caught acting like one of those Hollywood-gangsta-mindless cursing-think-they-own-the-planet 8-11 year olds, then you are banned.

I LOVE how you have to say 8-11 year olds or else you will include your own age..
11/07/2016 5:15 pm
creeperparty
Stop worrying and just play.
11/05/2016 5:07 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pony
Epenex
The kids are harmless.
11/04/2016 10:22 am
mikennar
I think the key is just not to take the bait. Granted, it's annoying when people go out of their way to spoil other people's fun, but just ignore and report them. There are more than enough decent people in the Minecraft community as far I can tell.
11/03/2016 9:28 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
pantherpounce
Im very young (12) and I somewhat agree. I will be going on servers and such, and I will see kids as young as 7 bragging that they are hackers. The minecraft community is very... different...
11/04/2016 8:27 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
The funny thing is that most servers have plugins that detect hackers and ban them. As soon as they log in, the server plugin detects that there's hacks running for the user, and said hacker is immediately banned before they can do any (or more) damage.

Plus the troll channels on YouTube, such as M3RKMUSIC, give these kids a bad rep. They act like all younger kids on Minecraft act like that, when in reality, only the ones they depict are clearly staged and probably know they're getting on YT.

The problem isn't the kids that play, it's the trolls who toy with the kids that play.
11/04/2016 9:37 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
merk hasn't done any minecraft trolling in probably a year, I've checked, i watched most of them
11/03/2016 8:15 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
I'm gonna have to ask you guys to not start arguing, or I'll have to lock this thread.

Can we just have a proper discussion?
11/03/2016 7:26 pm
JediJerboa
OK, now you can lock it.
11/03/2016 7:25 pm
JediJerboa
Hold on. Let me just do one last thing.
11/03/2016 6:42 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Mission successful. We are now talking about popcorn, flame wars and mod locks >.>
11/03/2016 1:47 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Inb4 flamewar and mod lock
11/03/2016 11:56 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
minecraftboy3129

Mojang can't do anything about it only their parents can
11/02/2016 2:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Flame war! Sign up now!
11/03/2016 11:33 am
raidarr
Popcorn?
11/03/2016 12:09 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
inactiveaccount1
I'll bring a pack of Cokes.
11/02/2016 2:11 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
COLE WORLD
I don't think you know what I'm talking about seeing as you responded to me. lol.
11/02/2016 4:48 am
Level 33 : Artisan Pirate
owenftw
-snip-
11/02/2016 4:03 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Honestly, who cares?

You can just ignore them, and play the game without any hassle. Just because a game has a "bad" community, doesn't mean the game becomes bad.
11/02/2016 3:40 am
COLE WORLD
Who cares, you're on a website called planet minecraft so it's not to assume you haven't played the game at least a few times. lol.
11/02/2016 9:55 am
raidarr
It seems to me that you don't know what we're talking about...
11/02/2016 2:11 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
COLE WORLDAnd it's weird how all these 'mature' players saying they wouldn't spend no money to help the servers yet have so many posts on a website dedicated to the game. lol.

The website isn't dedicated to playing on servers and whatnot. i'm here, and active... yet i play on a server maybe once or twice a month
11/02/2016 12:49 am
raidarr
COLE WORLDAnd it's weird how all these 'mature' players saying they wouldn't spend no money to help the servers yet have so many posts on a website dedicated to the game. lol.

It ain't Planet ServerCraft.
11/02/2016 12:27 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
Maybe we should all stop being hipsters and leave the main focus audience of the game alone, while we do things our own merry little way.
11/01/2016 10:14 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Trying to fix these kids would require you to fix humanity. Trust me when I say this;
That's impossible.
11/01/2016 9:45 pm
COLE WORLD
Minecraft is turning into just a game for kids to be honest.
And it's weird how all these 'mature' players saying they wouldn't spend no money to help the servers yet have so many posts on a website dedicated to the game. lol.
11/01/2016 6:33 pm
Stormtrooper1002
well now that i looked more into it. i would now say that mojang does have nothing to do with it. i was very tired that day so maybe i was not thinking straight.

that does not change the fact that these kids are quite annoying.

also. just becuase i dont want to be around those immature children, does not mean i want to avoid kids as a whole :/
11/01/2016 2:23 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Princess
nymphaela
There's many different communities in minecraft, the build community is pretty calm :')
Lacks a lot of 8-11 year olds seeing themselves as gods, instead we have 13-30 year olds who just sit quietly and build Dx If you dont talk to them of course
11/01/2016 2:08 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
inactiveaccount1
Why anyone would spend good money on a Minecraft server (of all things) is beyond me.
11/01/2016 4:41 pm
COLE WORLD
To help with the costs...
11/01/2016 1:23 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
Awesomness3000
As others have said it is the server's fault, not mojang.
11/01/2016 12:22 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Aeropulse
Nitwick
ethernity4everWell it's rather simple, kids have their parents money, while most of the mature players don't drop in a dime for the servers they like, and there starts a problem.

And on this point I bounce the blame back to the server owners - I haven't seen a server in a long time that is actually worth my money.

I don't see why anyone would spend money on a server in the first place.

And hence we return to the original problem. Because people like this.
11/01/2016 12:05 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
Nitwick
ethernity4everWell it's rather simple, kids have their parents money, while most of the mature players don't drop in a dime for the servers they like, and there starts a problem.

And on this point I bounce the blame back to the server owners - I haven't seen a server in a long time that is actually worth my money.

I don't see why anyone would spend money on a server in the first place.
11/01/2016 11:36 am
raidarr

11/01/2016 10:45 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Let me say a few words.

While you are correct that it is annoying, Mojang has absolutely nothing to do with it. Each server is run by 3rd parties, meaning, they only have to oblige by the EULA and they are fine with mojang, its up to the server owners to chose and weed out the players they don't want.

Now to the good stuff.
This problem is 50-70% caused by you so called mature players also. You might ask yourself the hell i'm talking about?
Well it's rather simple, kids have their parents money, while most of the mature players don't drop in a dime for the servers they like, and there starts a problem.

Some one creates a server for mature people, that person only needs like 20-30$ to keep the server active per month, but all the mature players don't drop in a dime, and expect the server to run on thin air. Don't get me wrong, I know there are those of you who do donate or spend money on perks, I'm one of them, if I like a server, and it gives me good pleasure to play on it, and its well constructed not to be pay to win, ofc I will drop in a few $$ to support the server, I mean why wouldn't I? I play on it I enjoy it, it deserves a few bucks from me. If every one followed this patern the problem would be less visible, but like I said people dont support the servers they like, so they are forced to accept anyone that logs on in hope that that some one will leave a few $$ so they can continue runing.

This all being said, if you want to start seeing mature servers, with no kids, start supporting the server you like.
11/01/2016 9:13 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
You should know that servers choose their own players right? If they want some age-group banned, then they will. I've even seen religios servers where you had to belive in that One religion to get in, otherwise you would be banned.

And when it comes to the falling number of 11 year olds on Minecraft, that number is for the PC version, since Pocket Edition is rising in popularity amoungst youngsters that age, And! On top of that Mojang and Microsoft has created the "Minecraft - Edjucation Edition" which will be used by schools where the kids are 11 years old and lower.

So if you want to avoid kids in the future - Go to a server with age restrictions, or wait untill kids decide that Pocket Edition, or Windows 10 edition is better than the PC edition.
11/01/2016 6:51 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Architect
Xoyjaz
Its just a game, intended for kids and people of most ages. You were once a kid to remember, and if someone was to put a restriction on you for being a kid I guess it would make you salty.
Anyways I get your point, server owners or their moderators should deal with the problem. But as far as I know coming to bigger servers thats problematic with the ammount of people that are on there everyday. Its not always that easy. Try filling out a form on them and send it to the staff.
11/02/2016 9:52 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
^^
Maybe you were as bad as these kids, probably you weren't, I dunno. We have all done tons of cringy annoying things in our lives, and adults have always been a problem more than any child. Realistically, it's an adult's fault that these kids act this way, but that's straying too far from the subject. Honestly, let these kids be cringy. They will grow out of it just like you did.
These kids are suffering from a good role model, so if you really want them to change, give them a good role model and see what happens.
11/01/2016 2:52 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Terraformer
WorldCreations
Hes entirley right, on top of the fact, Minecraft is not dying what so ever, and also this game is so popular for attracting such a young user audience. One of the many reasons they advertise a family friendly game. So got a problem? Talk to Microsofts CEO Satya Nadella
11/01/2016 4:41 am
Level 26 : Expert Toast
IuStrenght
Yeah, i must agree.. I'm a 13 years old "kinda mature" kid, but those imature kids are a problem for the comunity..They are just like League Of Legends flamers..

11/01/2016 3:40 am
Level 71 : Legendary Alien
sixfootblue
Isn't it ultimately up to the server owners to moderate behaviour on their servers? Mojang can't make an automated system for that sort of thing, and I highly doubt they have the manpower to go and find a bunch of kids misbehaving on literally hundreds of servers.
11/01/2016 4:16 am
Level 32 : Artisan Birb
Tylakya
I agree, server owners are the ones responsible, they should deal with these people, not Mojang
10/31/2016 7:53 pm
raidarr
I must admit, having browsed servers for quite some time, I haven't seen any increase in average quality.

That was the nice and somewhat incomplete way of putting it.
10/31/2016 7:39 pm
Level 40 : Master Modder
Isaiah_
8 - 11 year old? Its more like 6 - 9
10/31/2016 7:46 pm
Level 84 : Elite Artist
Arkadya
Agree
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com