What do you think about new minecraft launcher?

bhfdh's Avatar bhfdh6/24/19 2:38 pm history
5 emeralds 1.3k 32
7/6/2019 3:42 pm
WhoAteMyButter's Avatar WhoAteMyButter
So what do you think? is it bad or good? Let me know!
bhfdh
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/06/2019 3:42 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
WhoAteMyButter
They need to fix bugs. It's horrid.
06/28/2019 8:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
argentum alae
It turns out that if you install Forge on the new launcher, you can't rename or delete that profile. This would have been okay, if I only ever needed to use one version of Forge, but I accidentally installed the wrong one. The only way for me to have more than one Forge profile is to either rename the old one or delete it. The problem here is obvious. When I realized that I couldn't switch to the correct version of Forge in the launcher, I tried going into the actual versions folder. No luck there. Deleting the unwanted profile there had no effect on what was present in the launcher. When I tried launching the deleted profile, it gave me an error message, but didn't update itself. The only way I managed to resolve the problem was to go into the launcher_profiles.json file and remove the section about the Forge profile. It shouldn't be this hard to use for people with modded Minecraft! I know that people can claim that mods aren't really supported by Mojang and therefore they shouldn't care about how often they destroy functionality for them, but mods are pretty much the reason I stuck with Minecraft, and a huge, exciting part of the community, and I think Mojang should at least spare a thought for them and their functionality every once in a while.
06/28/2019 7:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Explorer
SuperBuilder133
It's pretty good looking. The facts the there is a MC JA icon in the corner tells me this will be also be the launcher for MC Dungens and possibly more
06/28/2019 11:11 am
Level 48 : Master Dinosaur
Sir_Craftypants
I voted Pixel-Eyegasm because well you've got to be mad if you don't like 1.14, as a matter of fact.

I'll be releasing my new 1.14 Resource Pack

Not only that:

I've been working in collaboration with Legopitstop on his Morefood Datapack and have incorportated Morefood into my Resource pack,

But not before adding in so much more textured content.

SO,

Guys and Girls, Girls especially.

Have you built huge Supermarkets, City's and or metropolis's? Well we're about to blow your minds with something not done before in Minecraft history.

No spoilers, sorry don't want to give anything away.

Oh ok ok ok, a little teaser, how about working Vending Machine that actually looks like a Vending Machine, or a working ATM that actually looks like an ATM. Both without having to place no more than a couple blocks, or one way viewing wall, or even, hold up I'm not giving anymore away, you'll just have to wait until next week, subscribe to me if you want to be one of the first to get your hands on my new Shopper City Resource Pack. Video will be uploaded to Yourtube next week, my first ever..
06/28/2019 10:49 am
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
I think it's cute. It opens minecraft, which is really all i expect from it <3
06/28/2019 9:36 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
The new launcher looks really nice. The reason the tab to play JE is there is to prepare the way for Minecraft Dungeons. While (as far as we know) it is not coming to Mac/Linux, the new design is still pretty cool and maybe future games in the Minecraft universe that are on Mac/Linux could be there too. My computer is really slow so I'm going to play Dungeons on Xbox One instead.
06/28/2019 8:06 am
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
The Skin Shaper
I think the new launcher is dope because its pretty much up to standerds with other launchers, except the fact that you must go to minecraft.net to change your skin its kinda annyoing but other then that is better the the one we had before.
06/27/2019 11:55 am
Level 47 : Master Robot
Wikimaster0
Idk, I don't really feel one way or the other for it.
06/27/2019 11:48 am
Level 21 : Expert Miner
Rogual
I like the new one and think that Mojang is doing a really good job with it.
06/26/2019 5:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Creativity Shark
My only thought was, "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG that's slick!"
06/26/2019 6:57 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I never liked the 'new' design, so while I lean towards "oh god not another one", at least that part's gone in a direction I can approve of.

Not to comment on how polished and functional it is at the moment. For launchers I have a bit more grace, even if I remain disappointed at the stability of all recent minecraft things.
06/26/2019 12:15 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Oda513
one thing i had to do with this update was update my world guard and world edit, caused some issues. All in all, as long as i can click launch im happy.
06/25/2019 10:15 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
Heroder55
Shame it doesn't support in-launcher skins now.
06/28/2019 8:06 am
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
The Skin Shaper
Ikr.
06/25/2019 3:30 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ThirdWatcher
Adding back the patch notes was nice, that was the thing I missed when I updated to the 2.0 version. Skins breaking is kinda disappointing, makes it seem rushed. And why isn't it numbered 3.0? How can I refer to it when they change it again? I'll never remember the version number.
06/25/2019 3:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
Torojima
since the folks have been growing too familiar with the old one a change was in order. The old fonts have been too readable, so to keep the users on their toes the fonts had to change to a more crappy one...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic and not very amused :P
06/24/2019 9:49 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Solespawn
Honestly, the overall design is very pretty. It feels like its "with the times" if you know what I mean. I did see some criticism about finding certain things and whatnot but I was able to find all those things within at most a minute of searching.
06/25/2019 9:22 am
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
Looks really modern and sleek, I have no problems with it whatsoever. It's the very definition of aesthetically pleasing.
I like that there is a section for news too.
06/24/2019 10:42 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
FCGWolfe
Honestly? I miss the 1.4.7 launcher. It's literally just nostalgia but yeah.
06/25/2019 3:48 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Looks like another unneeded fiddle (with some reports of bugginess as seasoning)…
06/24/2019 3:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
I still think the best launcher to date was the one that came out with Minecraft 1.6.

Used more native jFrame stuff, contained all the features people wanted and wasn't bloated with other stuff.
06/24/2019 10:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Redned
I like it because it's nicer than the old one but has that feel of the OG one. The OG one was far behind the times and the old one was just ehhh. All in all, I prefer this much more and while I feel like the OG is still my favorite, I definitely see myself adapting to the new one.
06/24/2019 8:03 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Mynic
BEUFUL LOVE
06/24/2019 7:59 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
wAIT WHAT
06/24/2019 8:00 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
THIS IS OK BUT WUT AGAIN
06/24/2019 7:57 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
Ijd
Better than the OG native launcher but not the Old launcher
06/24/2019 7:42 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/24/2019 7:18 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
I like that it shows update notes again. Missed them in the small launcher.
06/24/2019 5:32 pm
Level 20 : Expert Birb
sepamc
meh
06/24/2019 3:46 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
I miss the previous one.
06/24/2019 2:57 pm
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Minecraftian8887
I didn't expect the new launcher to launch so soon, but, it looks cool.

I like that the java edition of minecraft appears not as the only game the launcher supports anymore, but rather like it's one of the games, implying that more games will come to the launcher in the future (my guess is that minecraft dungeons and more spinoffs will be available in the laucher as they come out).

the bad things I see is that the laucher is very laggy and slow, there must be optimizations before they try to push it more.

And by the moment it doesn't support skins, which is obviously going to be a feature in the future.

Overall I think the launcher is fine, but needs more polishing and features, but the way they list the games shows us the vision that mojang and microsoft have for the franchise in the future.
06/24/2019 2:48 pm
Level 82 : Elite Pixel Painter
Duvain Feynorim
For now, i say bad cause no mod support, and it bugs the user even if they switch back to the old launcher i hear. Hope that changes though
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome