Blogs

eLGassi1/20/11 7:36 pm
1 emeralds 205 3
1/21/2011 9:16 am
Cyprezz
This section is redundand. 95% of the "blogs" in there are forumtalk aniway so why have a frontpage section?
here are some possible solutions:

1.- That section goes and we get a blog forum.
-upside: it dissapears, no more redundancy
-downside: there actually are some good blogposts that we'd loose (I think I really saw one good post out there). Also cypress' efford making that section would be totally wasted.
this idea might not be that likely

2.- we get a blog forum and those blogs worthy of mention get displayed on the front page with a link to the forum to see the comments.
-upside: a nice community control before the blog goes real
-downside: either a pain in the ass to code or only the first post of a thread can be transformed into a blog, also I don't know how many limitations that'd give concerning images in the blog.

3.- Every new posted blog gets checked by a crew (of volunteers/mods) before posting. (this could get true for everything that gets posted, I just like quality, not quantitiy)
-upside: good content
-downside: as a blogger you would need to wait until your content is approved by a mod so your work gets published.

Personally I'd go for option 1. I really is not the hardest thing to make a Blog in the internet. Just make one on a random page and then come here and advertise it, you'd advertise it aniway. oh and if you're a good blogger you'd end up in my "check daily" bookmarks, just like The word of Notch and The Mine

so that's waht i think (should've made it a blogpost to make my point, right?)

*edit: added additional words explaining my complaint better out of boredom at 1:43 am
Posted by avatar
eLGassi
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pirate