Embed codes changed?

Hadowkai's Avatar Hadowkai3/6/11 1:05 am
1 emeralds 467 4
3/6/2011 4:22 am
Hadowkai's Avatar Hadowkai
So previously for skin submitted on this website, you could take the embed code and simply toss it on the minecraftfroums.net post and it would show an image of the character as well as a link next to it linking back to the skin on this site. However now all it does is link to the image only with no link to the downloadable content. is this a change on this website's part due to bandwidth shortages or was it something done by minecraftforums.net in which chance would it be possible for you to add another button with a new code for getting the embed code to work for their site. thank you very much
Hadowkai
Retired Moderator
Level 84 : Elite Creator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/06/2011 4:22 am
Hadowkai
any ways ive been working around it by posting the link to image and then simply the webpage url. lol they'll never keep us down!
03/06/2011 3:51 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
So far all of the working examples are hosted on photobucket, imageshack or imgur. Edit: tinypic & dropbox work as well.

1) Tested a png hosted here and it didn't work embbedded over there.
2) Searched for a random images online and tried to embed them, also didn't work.

So it's not just us. I think it must be blocking all images unless they are on major image host. Will browse and see where other working images are hosted.
03/06/2011 2:58 am
Hadowkai
well lets compare what the embeded is from here to what others i see are working on their site, be sure to "quote" this message so you can see the coding, but im sure you already new that. lol

this is ours.

View CookieMonster

others that are working on minecraftforum.net

THE FETT

----------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

--------------------------

------------------------
Dwarf Warrior

------------------------

and no it doesnt seem to just be singling us out. I think it has more to do with the service type, or even the the file formate. as it seems that anything not a png is being pushed out although there do seem to be some expceptions. im not really sure what the pattern is thou.
03/06/2011 2:05 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
It's their site. I'm not sure if they singled us out or if it's affecting other domains. It's odd though, if I upload a banner to imgur.com and then replace the image path in my official forum sig, it works... I don't see why they wouldn't allow the image to be hosted here. Hmm. Anyone seeing other images replaced on the site with a link that says, "Click to view"?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome