1

Like Button

Zaralith •5/19/11 10:47 pm
•
629
•
10/8/2011 5:27 am
Someone was asking about something like that for forum posts.
Posted by
Zaralith
Retired Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Wizard
596

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

28

Charlizard
• 10/08/2011 5:27 am
• Level 36 : Artisan Network
If it was implemented.would you get some exp for someone liking your comment,or liking your post?
1
smokindnk
• 10/08/2011 5:15 am
• Level 35 : Artisan Ninja
I think that a like button for comments and forum posts is needed.
1
Hiro
• 09/28/2011 7:18 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Hmmmm... Not sure if it's good idea or bad...
1
Defender2010
• 09/28/2011 7:18 pm
• Level 21 : Expert Architect
I see no reason for a dislike button
Like it?Like it.
Dont like it?
Fuck off
1
anonpmc52215
• 09/28/2011 7:16 pm
• Level 27 : Expert Miner
[deleted]
1
P0CKETLINT13
• 09/28/2011 7:13 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
Make it so if a person repeadtly dislikes something, it plays this song http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf
1
s15c
• 09/28/2011 7:10 pm
• Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
I want to see this not only on the forums but for comments on texture packs/projects/mods.
1
Cyprezz
• 05/20/2011 9:16 am
He/Him • Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg Programmer
/like the ideas. I"ll see what I can do.
1
Smink
• 05/20/2011 1:29 am
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Dislike would be good but there will be some people who abuse it in my opioion
1
Boomer
• 05/20/2011 1:12 am
• Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Maybe make it to like or dislike they have to make a post of why....
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/20/2011 7:57 am
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Yeah! When a user would click the Dislike button, it won't go through, but it'll open a Reply to that post where the user can type in their thoughts and then post,.

But.. then a person could just be all *clikc Dislike* - Why? "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".
1
Boomer
• 05/21/2011 1:39 am
• Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Then we could tell that the dislike was just there out of spite or something...
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/20/2011 12:33 am
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Omg, that annoys me on Youtube to no end. X_X

But I do see your point here.
I guess the point I was trying to make was to make people more confrontational, as long as they were respectful and tactful in their response (which may not always be the case).

And if you're so tired, then you should go to sleep.
1
Antiqua
• 05/20/2011 11:37 am
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
I see your point too. Either way, I'd be happy. People will abuse no matter what. Like or dislike.

I'd love for people to be more confrontational, but that'd be in the perfect world that I imagine about every night...awe well.

Cyprezz! You /like, we /like!

Win/win.
1
Antiqua
• 05/20/2011 12:29 am
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
But if we had a dislike button, we'd be able to say things like: "12 people aren't creative" if 12 people dislike an awesome creation. Then like up that comment. YouTube style. FaceBook style is more confrontational. Whereas a simple dislike button is anonymous, and thus more effective if you don't want your friends to know you didn't like their creeper statue.

Sorry if that made no sense, I'm tired.
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/20/2011 12:23 am
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Youtube style, nice!
I think the FB style would be fine. If people that like the post, then fine, like it up.
People that don't like a post should post their opinion on why they don't like it, or why they disagree to the poster's post. But around here, the only thing to dislike would be some peoples comments on other people's creations (which I haven't seen much of that).
Eh, just my two cents.

(Awwwe, our first disagreement)
1
Antiqua
• 05/20/2011 12:09 am
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
GrizzlyAmishDo you mean the ability to dislike the post after liking it, or the ever-so-wanted disliking of a post??


This.
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/19/2011 11:54 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Do you mean the ability to dislike the post after liking it, or the ever-so-wanted disliking of a post??
1
Antiqua
• 05/19/2011 11:50 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
/dislike.

Can we have one of these too? rofl.
1
Antiqua
• 05/19/2011 11:28 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
MY ribs! They will crack! I keep laughing which makes me cough!
1
Zaralith
• 05/19/2011 11:24 pm
• Level 59 : Grandmaster Wizard
Is okay, you in lurv and gettin married so you need to plan your wedding. Totally understandable that you got confuzzled.
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/19/2011 11:30 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
AntiquaMY ribs! They will crack! I keep laughing which makes me cough!


/like
1
Antiqua
• 05/19/2011 11:15 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
OH OKAY. I got confuzzled.
1
Zaralith
• 05/19/2011 11:11 pm
• Level 59 : Grandmaster Wizard
No, was talking to Cyprezz, he already has a list on his end. Was just asking him to put it here. Then we could link the individual suggestions with their threads for more info.
1
Antiqua
• 05/19/2011 11:10 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
You want me to do this?
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 05/19/2011 11:08 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
/like for the button
/like for the current suggestion feature

Oh boy, here comes Facebook!
1
Zaralith
• 05/19/2011 11:07 pm
• Level 59 : Grandmaster Wizard
lols. Also, can you post a sticky/announce thread here with all of the current feature suggestions so that people do not double post them? Also would allow us to track them better I think in terms of this forum section.
1
Antiqua
• 05/19/2011 10:52 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Elf
/likes this.
1

Welcome